Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon and their fans

Comments

• On the radio today it was said that AFC would not entertain MKs officials. The chairman would have to buy a ticket and stand with the 650 fans
  • addick05 said:

Can understand AFC's hatred of their plastic opposition but seriously, could they not be in trouble from the EFL for the programme? Something along the lines of 'Bringing the game into disrepute'? Really think they should rise above this sort of thing. One thing for certain, you can't change history.

Of course you can change history, people do it all the time. Or should I say interpret it differently.

• Drop the 'Dons, its petty and ridiculous. Have Wimbledon really got nothing else to say? They are now above MK Don's and have a new ground on the way. I've gone right off Wimbledon, why couldn't they keep quiet and play it cool.
  • I don't think our anti-Palace comments would read as any more mature or reasonable to fans of other clubs.

They f•••••g hate them, and frankly their hatred has a more rational basis than ours of Palace has. And I'm writing that as the bloke who destroyed a £500 coat singing "Stand up if you hate Palace" at Selhurst in 2001.

And now they have beaten them. Good.

Why were you at Selhurst in 2001?
  • PopIcon said:

Drop the 'Dons, its petty and ridiculous. Have Wimbledon really got nothing else to say? They are now above MK Don's and have a new ground on the way. I've gone right off Wimbledon, why couldn't they keep quiet and play it cool.

This with knobs on.

I know I am in a very small minority but I still see MK Dons as Wimbledon. New owner bought club and moved grounds. Full stop. In the past Arsenal have move north of the river, Millwall moved south & lots of other teams have moved grounds - Wimbledon just moved a bit further. May not make it right but that's is what happened. The team was the same & they played in the same division the next season.

Really dislike AFC Wimbledon now. What with their banner about KR and now this. Saw on Sky that they didn't put MK Dons name on the programme & on their electronic scoreboard only put MK - and their chairman's comments makes Richard Murray seem like a saint.

Crass.
  • Not very classy but then again I guess they don't have to be.

Does seem a bit stupid though.

Refusing to acknowledge the Dons part, as though it's life and death.
    Sounds unneccesarily attention seeking.

What if it happened to Charlton though?

Hard to imagine what it would be like or feel like so sort of hard to judge their behaviour in a way.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

I don't think our anti-Palace comments would read as any more mature or reasonable to fans of other clubs.

They f•••••g hate them, and frankly their hatred has a more rational basis than ours of Palace has. And I'm writing that as the bloke who destroyed a £500 coat singing "Stand up if you hate Palace" at Selhurst in 2001.

Off the top of my head, we played them.

• It seems they have learnt something from the Gobinson banner.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

I don't think our anti-Palace comments would read as any more mature or reasonable to fans of other clubs.

It was the game where we beat them on the way to the title. We took about 8,000.

And ironically enough in the context of some of the above remarks, one of our most popular chants was "We'll never play you again". That turned out well, didn't it?

• JohnnyH2 said:

It was the game where we beat them on the way to the title. We took about 8,000.

And ironically enough in the context of some of the above remarks, one of our most popular chants was "We'll never play you again". That turned out well, didn't it?

Cheers for that, it was 2000 that game, thought I missed something in 2001!
  • Sponsored links:

• Never liked Wimbledon since the days of Fash the Bash...all fuc.... elbows in that 0-0 draw at Selhurst.
  • Is there any truth in the rumour that AFC sent their kit man to 'represent' them in the director's box when they played us?
  • edited March 2017
    boggzy said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that AFC sent their kit man to 'represent' them in the director's box when they played us?

A higher calibre of representation than we usually have.
    I was told it was some kind of protest against our board. They didn't want to send any representative but had to send someone so sent the kitman.
  • boggzy said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that AFC sent their kit man to 'represent' them in the director's box when they played us?

I was told it was some kind of protest against our board. They didn't want to send any representative but had to send someone so sent the kitman.
    Given where and from whom you heard that what do you think?
  • boggzy said:

This is a joke, isn't it? You missed the smiley...

Because it's total bollocks, in case anyone is in any doubt. The only issue regarding boardroom courtesy between these two clubs is that our CEO was absent for our home game with them. They were not especially upset by that, and there was never any question that proper courtesies would be extended in the return game. Source? Kevin Rye, and Erik Samuelson.

• It is the year 2117. Charlton have just won their seventh consecutive Champions League. The manager who masterminded this all, Robby Linegar, who once had a brief youth spell at MK Dons during their non-league years, is receiving his knighthood from the King.

A group of AFCW fans stand up during the investiture holding up a banner 'Robby Linegar is a lying cunt'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there any truth in the rumour that AFC sent their Ketman to 'represent' them in the director's box when they played us?

Fixed it for you, every club has one..

• edited March 2017

boggzy said:

Pricks
    Why's that? I don't like AFC Wimbledon but they recognised our board are the chancers they are and respond accordingly
  • think they need to rise above it and show a bit of class. I mean they didn't even mention MKD's name on the front of the programme. They need to treat them as they would any other Club, and as they would want to be treated themselves elsewhere, and show themselves to be the 'bigger' man if you like.
  • I have no time for any supporters who say the kind of thing that that "groundsman" said to Robinson.

The scummiest thing imaginable...
  • boggzy said:

This is a joke, isn't it? You missed the smiley...

Because it's total bollocks, in case anyone is in any doubt. The only issue regarding boardroom courtesy between these two clubs is that our CEO was absent for our home game with them. They were not especially upset by that, and there was never any question that proper courtesies would be extended in the return game. Source? Kevin Rye, and Erik Samuelson.

Heard it via an AFC mate after the game. I wasn't certain as to the truth of it hence why I asked 'is there any truth in it?'. Fair enough turns out it's not.

I remember at the time there was a lot of support from their fans for our cause. I remember some chose to not enter the ground after being refused entry with a Roland out placard.
  • Two classless clubs. Mk Dons the worst of the two however
  • .Have the FA ever admitted that what they did was wrong, still less apologised for it? Have they ****. So it could happen again.

The FA turned down the move to MK, they won an appeal. The FA changed the rules to prevent a similar thing ever happening again.

• should they have just let the club fold ?
  • .Have the FA ever admitted that what they did was wrong, still less apologised for it? Have they ****. So it could happen again.

The FA turned down the move to MK, they won an appeal. The FA changed the rules to prevent a similar thing ever happening again.

Exactly. Always happy to slag the FA off but on this occasion they can't be blamed. The FA were always against the move but were forced by an "independent" panel. To the extent that even after, they supported AFC's and the football fans group fight against MK being able to use Wimbledon's history and FA cup win as their own.