Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon and their fans

Comments

• edited February 2017
    . oops sorry
  • cabbles said:

Agree on the banner.

Was the pre match Corp non league style as well? Have visions of the lounge stinking of fried onions and a burger stall in the corner

If that was the case, the Sue wouldn't have been too pleased with her Perks.
    Not sure who would flag this or why?
    Libtards that haven't found anything else to be offended about yet today.
  • cabbles said:

Agree on the banner.

Was the pre match Corp non league style as well? Have visions of the lounge stinking of fried onions and a burger stall in the corner

I think most of us libtards are anti-regime, so unlikely.
  • I have not got a great issue with the banner - how often would we like to do the same (I'm thinking the current owners specifically) and how often do you hear chanting to the same affect.

As for their fans - been to a few matches against them with Maidstone through the years. Always got the impression they thought they were bigger than everyone at that level and liked to put themselves about a bit.

Never had any particular respect for them.
  • There's a few clubs around whose supporters believe they have a right to occupy the moral high ground and that others should someone admire them. Wimbledon are one of those I think - I've never particularly liked them but I'm largely indifferent to them to be honest

• erithalf said:

What did the banner say?

Karl Robinson provides 'fake news'
  • I see that it is cool to hate on Wimbledon now as well, all because of a minority of idiots. Was always going to happen one day because of the largely positive reputation their fans have - it's now trendy to slag them off.
  • Speaking to an AFCW fan on the train back to Waterloo, social media rumours abound about what happened, I mentioned that if true then the groundsman will surely be sacked, his reply was no, they will probably erect a statue of him
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Speaking to an AFCW fan on the train back to Waterloo, social media rumours abound about what happened, I mentioned that if true then the groundsman will surely be sacked, his reply was no, they will probably erect a statue of him

And if he said what he is alleged to have said, then KR had every right to kick seven bells out of him IMO.
  • cafctom said:

I see that it is cool to hate on Wimbledon now as well, all because of a minority of idiots. Was always going to happen one day because of the largely positive reputation their fans have - it's now trendy to slag them off.

What 'largely positive reputation'? People have been saying for years AFCW fans are a bunch of herberts and any goodwill they have received has come purely from the MK Dons hate.
  • edited February 2017
    The w@nkers of Wimbledon
  • It's typical that KR's first game at AFC Wimbledon is when he's managing us and not MKD!

I see AFC play MKD on the 14th March, that'll be an interesting day...
  • cafctom said:

I see that it is cool to hate on Wimbledon now as well, all because of a minority of idiots. Was always going to happen one day because of the largely positive reputation their fans have - it's now trendy to slag them off.

Shame really. I still have a massive amount of respect and admiration on how they rebuilt and rejuvenated the 'soul of their club' and they have been on an amazing journey. No one is perfect and teams will always attract a mix of fans, but there was stories that they played big bully through some of the non league stages, and now as @Weegie Addick points out, they are in danger of spreading their legitimate hatred / rivalry with MKDons a bit too wide and pissing off people that were largely supportive of them along the way. Imo
  • cafctom said:

Wimbledon are not cool and I don't "hate on them" neither am I "loving it/them" or any other retarded phrase you care to use. My views reflect many shite trips to Plough Lane for a bunch of Surrey plums who weren't clued up enough to support Chelsea like everyone else did with a SW post code.
    That team far from being some bunch of outlaw heroes were just a cheating bunch of pricks. Don't ever remember getting anything at their proxy ground. Losing 4-1 and 3-1 particularly sticks in mind. Always bottled it against them.
  • cafctom said:

Wimbledon are not cool and I don't "hate on them" neither am I "loving it/them" or any other retarded phrase you care to use. My views reflect many shite trips to Plough Lane for a bunch of Surrey plums who weren't clued up enough to support Chelsea like everyone else did with a SW post code.
    That team far from being some bunch of outlaw heroes were just a cheating bunch of pricks. Don't ever remember getting anything at their proxy ground. Losing 4-1 and 3-1 particularly sticks in mind. Always bottled it against them.
    Yes let's slag them off for not supporting the biggest team in the area and instead choosing to support smaller club. Maybe you should realise that pretty much all of us have done that ourselves by following Charlton instead of West Ham, Arsenal or any other big London club for that matter.

Is that a 'retarded' statement in your view too?
  • The Wimbledon direct style of play in the 80/90s was horrible to watch. They had some very good players that came through (Euell and Perry just two of course) but I always thought that due to their style fans never warmed to them. Fashanu in an England shirt...hmmm And as for Mr Jones? Not a club I ever enjoyed watching, bit like that other side who played direct ugly football in the early 90s...who were they again.. .
  • When we had Wimbledon at home last year didn't their fans assist with our protests?
    Can't remember.

The groundsman in question is simply a pr*ck.
    I'm glad their manager publicly said he let the club down. That would have embarrassed the fool.

Good KR got pulled away quickly for his own sake so he wasn't allowed to react in a way that might lead him to trouble from the football authorities.

As for Wimbledon fans...

They are probably a mix of what you usually expect from the generic football club fanbase.

• Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Yes let's slag them off for not supporting the biggest team in the area and instead choosing to support smaller club. Maybe you should realise that pretty much all of us have done that ourselves by following Charlton instead of West Ham, Arsenal or any other big London club for that matter.

Is that a 'retarded' statement in your view too?
    Seemingly yes. Arsenal left in 1913. West Ham? Next you'll be telling me you dream of all black clothes and pom-poms. I'm glad to have had this little spat with you as I wouldn't of believed anyone at Charlton could be that concerned for poor old Wimblydon.
    You haven't mentioned the fact that they won the F A cup against all expectations, Bassett is your grandma and Dave Beasant's hair is exactly the shade you wanted for your boudoir.
    Are you June Whitfield?
  • I'm going to put it out there, as lots have asked, maybe it will change some people's attitudes towards this incident and KR's response, maybe admin will delete it, who knows.
    What I have been told was said, and also why KR was asked by OB if he wanted to take it further, due to its severity, which he declined BTW is,

"I hope your kids die of c##### you fat c###"

Only what I've been told, all alleged, I deny anyone not to respond in anger to that, football manager or not.
  • DA9 said:

I'm going to put it out there, as lots have asked, maybe it will change some people's attitudes towards this incident and KR's response, maybe admin will delete it, who knows.
    What I have been told was said, and also why KR was asked by OB if he wanted to take it further, due to its severity, which he declined BTW is,

Only what I've been told, all alleged, I deny anyone not to respond in anger to that, football manager or not.

Why post something as awful as that when you have no idea if it's true????
  • erithalf said:

DA9 said:

I'm going to put it out there, as lots have asked, maybe it will change some people's attitudes towards this incident and KR's response, maybe admin will delete it, who knows.

Why post something as awful as that when you have no idea if it's true????
    Hence alleged, want to know if some people's criticism of KR would change if this were the truth.
  • PWR... What did the banner actually say?
  • PWR... What did the banner actually say?

Karl Robinson is a lying c#$t
  • DA9 said:

if thats what was said, then its a shame karl didnt break his jaw, wasnt at the game so cant comment on there fans, but every club has there share of shitbags, if pardew rocked up as the new manager of oxford in a couple of weeks im sure we would all be calling him a c*%t etc, dont think we would put a banner up because hes not that significant to us.

for those asking about the banner pretty black and white literally
  • cabbles said:

Agree on the banner.

ah, us liberals must want to see the club ruined by fat feeders and shit owners

dickhead