Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Off_it said:
    Two new grounds for me .....

Dorchester at the top?
    Taunton or Weymouth below?
  • Options
    Dorchester and Weymouth 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Dorchester and Weymouth 
    Bournemouth played a few league matches at Dorchester when Dean Court was being turned 90 degrees.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Dorchester and Weymouth 
    Yep, correctamundo!
  • Options
    Not a club ground, but as public pitches go I think you'd need to travel a long way to find one more picturesque than this one:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Not a club ground, but as public pitches go I think you'd need to travel a long way to find one more picturesque than this one:

The long now defunct Darenth Heathside’s ground was the same as that - next to the railway viaduct in Horton Kirby
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Is Tottenhams new stadium classed as a new ground or not as its on the same site but with the pitch turned round.
    Pitch is same orientation but in a different place (sorry to be pedantic). I think the answer is - ask the fans, its a redevelopment of the same ground and is still White Hart Lane, ask the owners and its a new ground with a new identity where naming rights can be sold to the highest bidder.

If a (hypothetical) redevelopment of The Valley saw us shift the pitch 50 yards and rebuild the stands, it would still be The Valley. You'd still walk down Floyd Road to Harvey Gardens. 

They'll always be two bob arseholes, nothing changes.  Big club, like fuck.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Valletta v Gzira in the Maltese Premier League

Are there many grounds over there? 
  • Options

In contrast for the less affluent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In contrast for the less affluent.
    That's it little legs you enjoy yourself while we're suffering down at Wycombe.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Valletta v Gzira in the Maltese Premier League

Are there many grounds over there? 
    The entire top flight is played at two stadiums, this one (the national stadium) and another which is the home of Floriana FC. Made it quite confusing to figure out where this match was actually taking place as each team lists what I presume to be their administrative office as their address, so I initially assumed the match was taking place there.  
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Yeah I went to the wrong game (page 20) in Malta. Thought I was going to to see Hamrun Spartans but they were at the national stadium. Thankfully a 2nd tier game was taking place at the same time in Hamrun's ground.

I'm at Dundee v St Johnstone on Wednesday, tied in with a golf trip. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Yeah I went to the wrong game (page 20) in Malta. Thought I was going to to see Hamrun Spartans but they were at the national stadium. Thankfully a 2nd tier game was taking place at the same time in Hamrun's ground.

I'm at Dundee v St Johnstone on Wednesday, tied in with a golf trip. 
    In Malta I assumed you could just rock  up to the ground and pay on the gate, turns out you were supposed to submit your COVID vaccine certificate in advance, have it approved and show ID when you got here (passport/drivers license is back at the hotel). After some drama they accepted the Covid pass I happened to have saved on my phone and my Charlton season ticket (which was in my wallet) as proof of ID!
  • Options
    What was the attendance like @RedPanda ?
  • Options
    Only 4700 including 1300 away.

Dundee deserved to lose as they sing "no one likes us, we don't care."
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Ten days ago I saw Holyport v CB Hounslow in the Combined Counties League.
    Absolutely shocking conditions saw a cracker of a game see Hounslow win 4-3.
    One of the more basic and difficult grounds to get to.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Aylesbury United v Chipstead in the FA Trophy 2nd Round Qualifying for me. Sadly, Aylesbury United were turfed out of their ground by property developers (you can see the current state of it in first picture). They played this game at Chesham United's ground which is 14 miles away. I'm following this year's FA Trophy to Wembley - www.fatrophy.co.uk.

• Options

An entertaining but niggly SCEFL game last night saw Holmesdale beat Welling Town 4-0.
    It was nice to meet @Badger before the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    I'm staying overnight in Edinburgh, could have gone to Hearts but the lure of Cowdenbeath playing inside a banger racing track with giant tyres laying about was too much.

They're bottom of League 2 and lost 1-0 to up and comers Kelty Hearts, who are based 3 miles from Cowdenbeath. Was a terrible game not helped by high winds. Attendance 720 including a couple of hundred away fans.

Did the stock cars come trundling in during the second half?
  • Options

Stanway Rovers v Takeley in the Essex Senior League yesterday.
    Stanway ran out comfortable 5-0 winners in front of a crowd of 71.  Very strange as my friend and me reckoned the gate was between 110-120.
    A blinding ground well worth a visit.  Stanway is around 3 miles from Colchester.
    You need to get a life mate.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    clb74 said:

Stanway Rovers v Takeley in the Essex Senior League yesterday.
    Stanway ran out comfortable 5-0 winners in front of a crowd of 71.  Very strange as my friend and me reckoned the gate was between 110-120.
    A blinding ground well worth a visit.  Stanway is around 3 miles from Colchester.
    You need to get a life mate.
    I actually think he doesn’t go to these games and just uploads pictures from Google images.
    although I can see a few of his younger mates (wearing caps) in the last picture. 
  • Options
    I love it....shit ground, no fans.....this is PROPER grass roots football....SUPERB 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Stig said:

Haven't been on this thread for a while, so a late question @Stig ... Digswell?