Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    How do you decide where to go each week Elfs?
  • Options
    I have divisions I want to tick off.

This was not on my list but as an ex-league club and knowing it had character by the sack load I was keen to do it.

There were concerns that the game would be called off due to the weather.  Communication from Workington was poor and I was in contact with the Clitheroe Secretary regards pitch inspections. 
  • Options
    Depends on where his wife wants to send him.
  • Options
    Love that little bit of corner terrace in the 5th photo. 
  • Options
    Love that little bit of corner terrace in the 5th photo. 
    There are numerous clubs up North that have not moved, they are certainly full of character like yesterdays.
  • Options
    A few years ago, me and the Mrs went Christmas shopping in Norwich but stayed in a hotel in Great Yarmouth. Our room looked out onto the football ground. 
    Fantastic old stand..one of the oldest in the world apparently. 
  • Options
    He goes to Coventry a lot.
  • Options
    He goes to Coventry a lot.
    Got a season ticket.
  • Options
    You need to get to Boston Utd if you've not been,I think the new ground opens next season. Also Grantham Town have an impressive little set up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You need to get to Boston Utd if you've not been,I think the new ground opens next season. Also Grantham Town have an impressive little set up. 
    Done Boston years ago.  York are moving next season as well.
  • Options
    For me these are my local clubs and try and get to a few games at both each season. 
    So different to what I'm used to down the valley...how much they both need the bars/club rooms they have for income, and both are very impressive. 
  • Options
    For me these are my local clubs and try and get to a few games at both each season. 
    So different to what I'm used to down the valley...how much they both need the bars/club rooms they have for income, and both are very impressive. 
    Boston is a cracking ground.

A real shame it will be bulldozed.
  • Options
    New ground is looking good.got a hall,stairs and landing to wallop out that way soon so might get some pics. 
  • Options
    With some of the restrictions being lifted from Step 3 and below the opportunity to get some new grounds in at Non League level is available again (Though at restricted numbers).

Until we allowed back into the Valley and with new ownership in place, the opportunity to see some live football again whilst the weather is decent is too good an opportunity to miss. 

• Options

This was not on my list but as an ex-league club and knowing it had character by the sack load I was keen to do it.

There were concerns that the game would be called off due to the weather.  Communication from Workington was poor and I was in contact with the Clitheroe Secretary regards pitch inspections. 
    Out of interest, how is this pronounced?
  • Options
    definitely not Clit hero, Clither row, or Clither ra. Although it is a lively nght out with the Ribble Valley set and chancers and the deluded from Blackburn and Burnley
  • Options
    Boom said:

Clith eroe.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    With some of the restrictions being lifted from Step 3 and below the opportunity to get some new grounds in at Non League level is available again (Though at restricted numbers).

Until we allowed back into the Valley and with new ownership in place, the opportunity to see some live football again whilst the weather is decent is too good an opportunity to miss. 

I believe the 5th September is the first Saturday for fans being able to get their fix.
  • Options
    definitely not Clit hero, Clither row, or Clither ra. Although it is a lively nght out with the Ribble Valley set and chancers and the deluded from Blackburn and Burnley
    well if it is none of them three then I am stumped ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aveley are allowing fans in for their friendly against Welling tomorrow night. Limited to 200 people.
  • Options
    Aveley are allowing fans in for their friendly against Welling tomorrow night. Limited to 200 people.
    They ended up having another 2/3 teams share last season.
  • Options
    For the next few months possibly, only Step 3 football we be available to watch in the flesh. Have already taken in 5 new grounds and whilst the standard of football is not great, the crowds at those levels are certainly on the rise. 

Went to Erith Town last Wednesday and they seemed to have a gate in 3 figures. 

Walthamstow play in the Essex Senior League and had their biggest gate in over 25 years a couple of weekends ago.  

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    For the next few months possibly, only Step 3 football we be available to watch in the flesh. Have already taken in 5 new grounds and whilst the standard of football is not great, the crowds at those levels are certainly on the rise. 

Went to Erith Town last Wednesday and they seemed to have a gate in 3 figures. 

Walthamstow play in the Essex Senior League and had their biggest gate in over 25 years a couple of weekends ago.  

Whilst many clubs will suffer it's good to see a lot will get increased crowds.  Hopefully they'll retain these numbers in the future.
  • Options
    New ground for me last night as watched Hendon win 2-1 at Crawley Downs Gatwick in The FA Cup. 
  • Options
    Boom said:

Shit hole
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Peckham 5 v Stansfeld 0 yesterday in the Kent County League.
    You know how to treat the wife. Seriously it was your wedding anniversary ffs. You could have taken her somewhere a bit more upmarket. 
  • Options

Peckham 5 v Stansfeld 0 yesterday in the Kent County League.
    Photo 3 
    I see youve bought yourself a 3 bed house