Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smallest away contingent you've been in?

Comments

• Options
    E-cafc said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Burnley League Cup 1996, 2nd round 2nd leg. Was 4-1 up from the 1st leg and we were division higher than them so the tie was effectively dead.

Attendance was 64 away fans, load of the players comps were given out, I reckon me @Rock Spectacle and Colin Holland were the only ones to pay to get into the away end!

Was at that Burnley game too. Went up on the coach and got a freebie ticket from our club officials as we were getting off the coach. Won 2.1 that night with David Whyte slotting in the winner from a tight angle.

David whyte whyte whyte
    RIP
  • Options

Everton away in the carling cup 2003.
    Was about 250 away fans and our coach arrived 20 minutes after kick off, oh and we lost, of course.

Remember going to that one.

Was already working in Italy when I went to the Anglo-Italian cup tie away at Brescia (1993)

The total attendance was 1,174 but I think Charlton arrived with two coach-load of fans so maybe about the same or a few more than Cambridge away in the ZDS.

Slightly different but as an aside, I think I was the only Charlton supporter on the then empty away terrace at about 2.40pm at Maine Road on 11th May 1995 when the ground was otherwise full with about 47,000 Man City fans ready to celebrate their promotion to the old First Division.

Was greeted when emerging by over 40,000 singing "is that all you take away?"

Once again I was living close by whilst the official coaches and all other travelling fans had been delayed by serious accidents on the Motorways from London. More respectable showing when they turned up of course.

Wrong year?
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I'm not sure of mine but going Oldham on Valentine's Day. Hoping to be one of a smattering

cabbles said:

I'm not sure of mine but going Oldham on Valentine's Day. Hoping to be one of a smattering

I imagine you will be staying the extra three days for Rochdale on the Saturday.
    I am now in for Rochdale.....
    Going with the old man on the train. Spanner mate gave me his two train tickets he had already bought for their match.
    he was saying he may join us on the coach on Saturday - see you there
  • Options
    Will do
  • Options
    Notts County, midweek 89 or 90. Day before Halloween.

Had about 40 there. Bloody cold, drew 2-2
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Burnley League Cup 1996, 2nd round 2nd leg. Was 4-1 up from the 1st leg and we were division higher than them so the tie was effectively dead.

Attendance was 64 away fans, load of the players comps were given out, I reckon me @Rock Spectacle and Colin Holland were the only ones to pay to get into the away end!

I paid for this one!
  • Options

Was already working in Italy when I went to the Anglo-Italian cup tie away at Brescia (1993)

The total attendance was 1,174 but I think Charlton arrived with two coach-load of fans so maybe about the same or a few more than Cambridge away in the ZDS.

Slightly different but as an aside, I think I was the only Charlton supporter on the then empty away terrace at about 2.40pm at Maine Road on 11th May 1995 when the ground was otherwise full with about 47,000 Man City fans ready to celebrate their promotion to the old First Division.

Once again I was living close by whilst the official coaches and all other travelling fans had been delayed by serious accidents on the Motorways from London. More respectable showing when they turned up of course.

1985 surely? Game with Lee Harmsworth in goal?
    Yes. apologies, it was of course 1985 (typo on my part) and Harmsworth in goal - I think we lost 5-1 or 5-0.
  • Options
    Sure there were only about 20 max of us in Gibraltar pre-season 2013.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

@LouisMend
    Damn, too late for the show, (which I missed by supervising homework), but a female friend went to an Intertoto Cup match at Brentford in the 80s, when they had drawn an minor Italian team in the first round.

She thought she might meet a nice Italian man in the away end, so bought herself a ticket and the appropriate scarf, but found herself completely on her own. Literally, no fans had made the journey from Italy. She had made the trip from her house which was 200 yards from the ground.

She was extremely embarrassed when the Italian team in question came over and applauded her at the end of the match.

Damn didn't get this far down the thread on the show. That's a great story!
  • Options
    The Blackburn game that was postponed in 84 when we almost went bust was played soon after on a Tuesday night. There were 12 of us on the train and one coachload.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We counted 27 of us in the away end at Pompey in the Full Members Cup in 1985
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    OB Odense away to Shelbourne at Tolka Park in Dublin (Intertoto Cup 2006). There were 5 of us (and we did indeed arrive by taxi).
  • Options

1985 surely? Game with Lee Harmsworth in goal?
    Yes. apologies, it was of course 1985 (typo on my part) and Harmsworth in goal - I think we lost 5-1 or 5-0.
    5-1. Think Robert/Rob/Robbie/Bob/Bobby Lee scored.
  • Options
    Millwall Youth team v Charlton Youth team on a Saturday morning in about 1970. I think I was one of about eight Charlton supporters. I think we drew 2-2.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Notts County, midweek 89 or 90. Day before Halloween.

Had about 40 there. Bloody cold, drew 2-2

I had my leg in plaster for this one , ended up having to sit on that freezing cold terrace . In my mind there were a few hundred there but you're probably right one lung .
  • Options
    Exeter around 4/5 years ago. Standing on that concrete block behind the goal with no roof.
  • Options
    At the risk of ruffling a few feathers, I don't think anyone can count friendlies.
  • Options
    wasnt that small but blackburn away a few seasons back when the north was flooded, i would guess around 250ish.
  • Options

wasnt that small but blackburn away a few seasons back when the north was flooded, i would guess around 250ish.

was that the weekend before Xmas?
  • Options

yep proper miserable day and that prick danny murphy was playing for them got a feeling the venkys were in town aswell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No more that 5 or 6 of us following the Liberal back in the days of the Crazy Gang @DA9

Even less of us when Scouse Ray got the Horse back up and running.
  • Options

yep proper miserable day and that prick danny murphy was playing for them got a feeling the venkys were in town aswell
    yeah i was at that one horrible day and the start of the end for Booby P.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Also how has @oohaahmortimer not been on here yet?
  • Options

Also how has @oohaahmortimer not been on here yet?

He pressed LOL on the original post in the thread.

Now he's sitting, waiting, watching. And then he will pounce.

This is his moment.
  • Options

No more that 5 or 6 of us following the Liberal back in the days of the Crazy Gang @DA9

Even less of us when Scouse Ray got the Horse back up and running.

Good days mate
  • Options
    sometime around the early 70's my old man was the only one who went on a tour of Spain, believe he travelled/stayed with the team.

1 would take some beating !!!
  • Options
    Plenty of the above I was at .
    Spoilt for choice really ...
    We had midweek trips to the old Walsall, Northampton and Lincoln grounds in the League Cup during the Selhurst years where numbers were sparse, as ever , for our top flight team but between 1 and 200 made those trips and yes that is one !!
  • Options

Plenty of the above I was at .
    Spoilt for choice really ...
    We had midweek trips to the old Walsall, Northampton and Lincoln grounds in the League Cup during the Selhurst years where numbers were sparse, as ever , for our top flight team but between 1 and 200 made those trips and yes that is one !!

I was at the Northampton game and the police gave all those travelling by train a lift back in a meat wagon.
  • Options
    Remember going up to Oldham around Christmas/New Year 77-78. Went on the Lewis coach. Snow everywhere around the pitch and on the open away end so we had to stand on the side right next to the players tunnel. Lucky the game went ahead and glad it did as we won 3.0. Would say around 100 Charlton up there in total.
  • Options
    I'm with @se9addick in being at Boro in December....I reckon there were 10 of us there, but apparently a bit more.. We lost 2-0 I think but Les told us we'd run more miles then Boro, as the prozone had showed him, so we had something to be proud of...well, that's all right then Les...nice one :-)