Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fleetwood | Sat 4 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited February 2017

Redhenry said:

3-1 the Addicks, but Watt not scoring.

Watt not playing or just not scoring?
    Watt starts ;) Novak on bench
  • Excellent preview @ForeverAddickted - line up spot on, except yes, maybe Tex should start and rest Konsa: there are 2 games a week coming up; but if things are going well after 70', bring the didiman on for Watt.

Comfortable 3-1 COYR

• edited February 2017
    The push for promotion starts or ends here - win and many more will believe. I feel if we are going to do it - we need Watt to work. So for that reason he has to play and we have to hope!
  • Think our good run will continue in this must win game . 3-1 to us with Holmes on the scoresheet .
  • Now is our chance. So true, get a win and we could go places. Fleetwood are a good team from what I have seen and this could be where we expect to win but look at the table? Frustration reigns supreme. 2-0 to Fleetwood.
  • I've already predicted a 4-3 win, but have to say, I'm looking forward to matches far more now than I was back in October/November, when I was dreading them.
  • I so want Watt to score!

I swear he was an extra in the Port Sunshine pub in the wonderful Trainspotting 2
  • First time in ages I think we'll get a comfortable win. 2-0.

Now I've said that we'll be 3-0 down at half time.
  • 2-1 the addicks- watt and byrne
  • Pay respect to Fleetwood and we may beat them and dont let us think above our true station whichcurrently is League 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Pay respect to Fleetwood and we may beat them and dont let us think above our true station whichcurrently is League 1

Agree, but it is still difficult to get your head around that,with by far, the richest owner we have ever had....

Just does not ring true I suppose, especially with the riches which were within our grasp at the outset of our tenure with him?

We really do need to get used to this though imo

What could have been....
  • edited February 2017
    Got to win today. My fear is that it could be one of those damp squib 0-1 disappointments.
  • edited February 2017
    Decided to go today to witness our brave new dawn. Just realised that there will be about six players in or around the team that I've not seen in the flesh before - Chicksen, Aribo, JFC, Byrne etc. Find it difficult reading all the match thread and post match comments without being able to picture the players in my own mind. Also for the first time in ages I've got absolutely nothing better to do. Pains me to give Roland 17 quid but there y'go. COYR. 29th minute. Loud and proud.
  • The players are confident, I'm confident. A clean sheet and a 1 or 2 nil victory.

Sunderland to beat Palace to make the day that little bit sweeter.
  • 2-1 win Solly with the winner
  • Let's hope it's an enjoyable match with lots of noise from the home areas and with 3 points to boot.

But don't forget the 29th minute tribute to young Liam Meadows, please.

One minute's applause followed by a loud, proud rendition of VFR.

You will be remembered, Liam.

Couldn't agree more - the result is secondary. This is about the Charlton family remembering its own.
  • My heart hopes we'll put on a show today and make a real statement about getting into the playoffs. My (cynical) head says that we won't turn up in the first half and the game will be over before we know what's happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who wants to put Solly to score at anytime and win 5-0 like my prediction, that's 390-1 on bet365 ;)
  • Is King Tony playing? That'll do for me. 3-0.
  • BFG and Tony in a 2-0 win
  • Think it will be a draw again 1-1.

Have i missed something, everyone has put Mitov on the bench and Rudd in goal. Has Phillips left or been loaned out, if not why would he not be on bench?

Yep.
  • Hard fought 1 - 1

Yep.
  • 1-1 our unbeaten runs continues

Another yep.
  • Can't wait to see all our marquee signings from deadline day.
    1.I draw unfortunately

And again.
  • 1-1 Whatnot scoring :wink:

So many correct.
  • MrLargo said:

A proud day for Charlton Athletic, as we go into a game against Fleetwood Town as underdogs, 11 points behind them in the table.

Fleetwood Chairman Andrew Pilley is the mirror opposite of Roland and Katrien, having achieved 7 promotions in 12 years and increased gates by roughly 3000% since taking over. His ridiculously sensible attitude to Football Club management will no doubt provoke sniggers and derision from Katrien and Tony K.

We might win, but a draw seems more likely. A 70% empty football stadium does not make for the most intimidating of afternoons for visiting teams.

1-1, Tony Watt gets off the mark. More chin rubbing and verbal diari diarh incontinence from Karl afterwards.

Too easy.