Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fleetwood | Sat 4 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• From the press conference, Botaka was on his way back today, so I don't know whether he'll be on the bench for this match
  • Evens he's on the bench.
    That's 50:50 Henners. One chance in two ;-)
  • Fancy we can nick this one, 2-1 Charlton
  • Can see lots of huff and puff but we will be up against side who are well-organised, score goals and are on a more than decent run. It's asking a lot of our team who are still getting to know each other. Holmes and MAYBE Watt could be the difference. Think a well earned draw the likely outcome.
  • Charlton vs Fleetwood.
    It's not a cup game?
    Good grief, have these Belgians really brought us to this?

Why, oh why?

3-1
  • Charlton vs Fleetwood.
    It's not a cup game?
    Good grief, have these Belgians really brought us to this?

Why, oh why?

3-1

Funny enough I was just thinking the same thing!

Full respect to Fleetwood for making it to League One and all that, but how have we ended up in this position?

It is just so depressing, when you see teams like Bournemouth, Watford and Swansea in the PL and we are flapping around mid-table in L1.
  • Grow up, both of you
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-1 Addicks
  • Great preview but i'm struggling to see why people still think we're playing with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

It's clearly 4-1-4-1. Even Robinson says so in the pre match interviews.

3-1 to us.

It's pretty much same thing. A 4-1-4-1 when defending, 4-2-3-1 when attacking.

If you like the manager for his attacking football it's a front 3 or a striker supported by 3 attacking midfielders.

Had a defensive minded manager like Slade lined up in the same way it would be called a negative 4-5-1!
  • 2-0 to the Addicks
  • fancy a 2-1 win. Match thread from 2 pm
  • 3-1 the Addicks, but Watt not scoring.
  • Scoham said:

Great preview but i'm struggling to see why people still think we're playing with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

It's clearly 4-1-4-1. Even Robinson says so in the pre match interviews.

3-1 to us.

It's pretty much same thing. A 4-1-4-1 when defending, 4-2-3-1 when attacking.

If you like the manager for his attacking football it's a front 3 or a striker supported by 3 attacking midfielders.

Had a defensive minded manager like Slade lined up in the same way it would be called a negative 4-5-1!
    Showing your colours there☺. One attacking the other negative, or should that be defensive?

I think Slade could set up 3-1-6 and you would still see a defensive performance. Because that is the way he thinks and that determines the players he brings in and the message he sends out.

Robbo is not quite the opposite, he appears to want to attack and excite so he goes for players with flair and fitness - hence we have shifted enormously from an experienced and older side to a more flamboyant and youthful side with high energy rates.

I know which I prefer. Even losing with Robbo is more exciting to watch than Slade winning.
  • 1-1 Whatnot scoring :wink:
  • fancy a 2-1 win. Match thread from 2 pm

same here. A tough game with them taking the lead.
    I fancy a Watt 89th minute winner.
  • edited February 2017
    Well from going on last weeks incredible prediction that I made.. I have decided to go with the result I came to on FIFA ;)

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Aribo Holmes
    Watt

Mitov, Dijksteel, Konsa, Dasilva, Jackson, Novak, Mavididi

Charlton Athletic 5-0 Fleetwood Town
    Holmes x2
    Watt
    Novak
    Solly

From the sublime to the ridiculous.
  • Fleetwood like to play on the counter so I hope don't go too gung-ho and get picked off. Patience will be needed on the pitch and in the stands. 2-0 to us though
  • Sponsored links:

• should win .. MUST win .. Fleetwood has a good side, hard working, together, well organised .. the club like (e.g.) Scunthorpe survives on small gates but with a dedicated fan base alongside good football coaching, tactics and management, careful player recruitment and tight financial management ..
    we need to match them for commitment and unity otherwise we will lose .. we were superb at Bolton last week, more of the same until the end of the season and we will be promoted ..
    Watt could well cause them a LOT of problems on the deck .. long airborne stuff against their defence will be a waste of effort

1 change, Holmes for Page

CAFC 2 v Fleetwood Town 1
  • I still can't believe we are playing Fleetwood in a league match ;)

3-0 win for us, marching on
  • Redhenry said:

3-1 the Addicks, but Watt not scoring.

Watt not playing or just not scoring?
  • Sage said:

Well from going on last weeks incredibke prediction that I made.. I have decided to go with the result I came to on FIFA ;)

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Aribo Holmes
    Watt

Mitov, Dijksteel, Konsa, Dasilva, Jackson, Novak, Mavididi

Charlton Athletic 5-0 Fleetwood Town
    Holmes x2
    Watt
    Novak
    Solly

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

About time Solly scored at the Valley!
  • Leuth said:

Grow up, both of you

Shouldn't it be 'Move on'?
  • I still can't believe we are playing Fleetwood in a league match ;)

3-0 win for us, marching on

We've done it before, the chances are we'll do it again, possibly next season.

(It would be nice if that was one division higher).
  • Well here we go, green shoots of a kick on last week ! Is this going to grow !
    YES 2-0 home win. Hope Watt scores, he can be a big player for rest of the season.
  • Can we batter the Cod Army ?

As a Broken Glass man i 'm predicting a 2-1 win.

We mustn't let them off the hook when we go in the Lead.

Happy Valley.
  • We need to close them down around the box, as they score a lot of goals from shots outside the area.