Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton | Sat 28 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Bauer's out, so presumably Johnson plays.

We'll do well to lose this one.
  • Options
    Here's my preview for the Trust. No mention of Harry Lennon in this morning's press conference, but given Robinson's "No-one will be available that wasn’t last week” I assumed he's still out too. Poor guy. First time for ages that none of Bauer, Teixeira or Pearce have been available and he finds himself out too.
  • Options
    2-0 away win. Byrne and Holmes on the scoresheet
  • Options
    Difficult this one. 1-0 Bolton
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    4-0 to the trotters
  • Options
    This is going to be tough and I think we need to start that run soon. If we were to win, would be a massive boost - my gut feeling is negative though!
  • Options
    Although I want all of our games to end in a win for us, I am getting the feeling that this season is another right off. With all the injuries lately, and players coming back can not be expected to be match fit for at least another few weeks, including Solly, Bauer, Watt, Novak, Holmes. Pearce. Lennon and Josh when they finally return, so it could be the end of February. if not more injuries, before they are fully fit, and that will be too late for a promotion challenge. We can only hope that KR keeps his job and has time to get decent players in during the summer, to go with players we have now and will not need a complete overall, as we have done since RD bought us. I will be happy with a draw Saturday, but extremely happy for a win
  • Options
    Roger in the side. 3-0 Bolton.
  • Options

Bauer's out, so presumably Johnson plays.

We'll do well to lose this one.

Karl implies Bauer has a possible of making it for Saturday.
  • Options
    Patrick Bauer is training today [Thursday] so we will see where he is at. This will be his first day back training - that’s as honest as I can get.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-karl-robinson-bolton-wanderers-3539368.aspx#P3hiRwcyL5QZmGE0.99
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Both sides came into the Division as favourites; both sides have lost the same amount of games… This Saturday could be stark proof for Addicks fans for a classic example of… What if!!

Think this is our season in a nutshell. Our defence is as solid as any in the division when we're fully fit.

Yet everyone knew we were short of creative talent before the season started & still everyone knew Roland would refuse to pay the going rate for some decent players who can create chances. Ho hum.
  • Options
    Does anybody have a spare ticket for the game.
  • Options

Both sides came into the Division as favourites; both sides have lost the same amount of games… This Saturday could be stark proof for Addicks fans for a classic example of… What if!!

Think this is our season in a nutshell. Our defence is as solid as any in the division when we're fully fit.

Yet everyone knew we were short of creative talent before the season started & still everyone knew Roland would refuse to pay the going rate for some decent players who can create chances. Ho hum.
    This is the thing though we were never linked with this type of player so far as I was aware (i.e. from the Reports and Rumours)... It was always Louis Thompson that we missed out on who is surely just a younger version of Crofts?
  • Options
    Like that team in the opening post. Could nick a win with them.
    But if Bauer isn't fit and Roger plays, we'll lose.
  • Options
    Have just rung Bolton and there are no concerns with the pitch for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yet again, what used to be known as treble chance. Who knows what'll happen up in Bolton.
    Injuries and suspensions have messed us up again.
    1-1
  • Options
    Another chance to kick on will come and go. Watching KR press conference, I think he knows he is looking less likely to make the top 6 as each day passes. We will get one, that will not be enough to win ! So

1-1
    2-1
    3-1
  • Options
    4-2 to Bolton.
  • Options
    Cant see beyond a draw and would take that right now 1-1. Match thread from 2 pm
  • Options
    parkie will have the last laugh
    he already had a sly smile in his press conference
    think we are going to have our pants pulled down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any points would be brilliant but all I can see is a 2-0 defeat (or worse ).
  • Options
    3-0
  • Options
    One goal to be scored at each end of the pitch.
  • Options

One goal to be scored at each end of the pitch.

To make sure our supporters can see what a scoring goal looks like :smile:
  • Options
    Really think this game will prove that our season is over for good. Bolton will be too strong for us and a makeshift defence, 3-0 Bolton and we end the day 12 points adrift of the play-offs.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    2-1 Charlton, Byrne to pull out a man of the match display, scoring one and setting up the other.

Bristol Rovers beat Swindon at home.
    Fleetwood and Southend play out a draw.
    Oldham draw at home with Bradford.
    Peterborough lose at home to MK Dons.
    Walsall draw away at Bury.

Finish the day 6 points off the play-offs with a game in hand over most teams above us.

Optimistic? Of course! But it can happen.
  • Options
    If we manage to win this I'll eat me own testicles
  • Options

That's ballsy of you! ;)
  • Options
    Can't see us scoring

Think we will lose
  • Options

That won't take long.