Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

I was at Canterbury yesterday and couldn't believe how ordinary The Windies were. They have been saved from defeat by the weather and the fact it was only a 3 day game. If England slip up against them, it will be down to incompetence. You

Can someone check on @thai malaysia addick

Think he has collapsed mid post !!
    As I was about to sing before I went weak at the knees:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
    You make me happy when skies are grey
    You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
    Please don't take my sunshine away

• Options

Kent's 2nd X1 wicket keeper/batsman Ollie Robinson (formerly Sidcup CC and Bexley CC but currently at Beckenham CC) received a call from David Graveney yesterday and has been called up for the England U19 squad for the series against India in July.

Good luck to Ollie.

Ollie is playing in the 50 over ODI v India at Canterbury that has just started and is live on Sky. England currently 20-0 off 2!
  • Options

Kent's 2nd X1 wicket keeper/batsman Ollie Robinson (formerly Sidcup CC and Bexley CC but currently at Beckenham CC) received a call from David Graveney yesterday and has been called up for the England U19 squad for the series against India in July.

Good luck to Ollie.

Ollie is playing in the 50 over ODI v India at Canterbury that has just started and is live on Sky. England currently 20-0 off 2!
    Obviously got better weather there than in London!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Looks like Stevens is injured, opened the bowling & only bowled 1 over.

There must be something wrong with Stevens and not just in this game - in the last 7 matches he has only bowled just 5 overs and never more than one in any of them. He is also batting at 7 and as one of our most destructive batsmen that is a surprise too. Is he still not right after getting his on the head?
    I think the reason is the rather more prosaic one of Neesham costing Kent a lot and they want their pound of flesh. Stevo is arguably the closest player to him so is effectively the one to make way even though actually physically dropping a fit Stevens with his track record is unthinkable..
    Stevens clearly not happy about the situation:

kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/sport/frustrated-stevens-opens-up-130285/
  • Options
    Where would be the best place to park for the match this evening? Or is driving to be avoided?
  • Options

Where would be the best place to park for the match this evening? Or is driving to be avoided?

The park and ride 15 minutes walk to the east is a good place, £3 before 4pm, £1 after 4pm
  • Options

The park and ride 15 minutes walk to the east is a good place, £3 before 4pm, £1 after 4pm
    Thanks! Is that the New Dover Road one?
  • Options

Thanks! Is that the New Dover Road one?
    Yes, I used it last Friday, quite a few Kent fans were there
  • Options
    Yes I agree with killer; it is a very easy walk and easy to get away from after the match.
  • Options
    Can't make this one as we're off to Dorset early tomorrow morning.

Will be listening via the BBC/radio Kent site though.

Come on you Spitfires !!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much to get in
    I might see my first ever twenty20 tonight.
  • Options

How much to get in

It's £30 on the door. Would have been £22 online but that offer closes night before.
  • Options
    redman said:

How much to get in

It's £30 on the door. Would have been £22 online but that offer closes night before.
    The prices Kent charge are pretty steep really, especially with the poor facilities at Canterbury. They do need the money though...
  • Options
    Great recommendation on the car park, very easy walk down to the ground
  • Options
    0-1 after three balls. Great start...
  • Options
    60-2 off 10
  • Options
    Looks like this'll be over quick. Hampshire 51-0 off 4 overs chasing 167
  • Options
    67-0 off 5
  • Options
    That's how you play 20twenty.
  • Options
    72-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're out of this competition.
  • Options
    Some rubbish results at home this season
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Kent were poor. Dickinson had a great knock
  • Options

redman said:

How much to get in

The prices Kent charge are pretty steep really, especially with the poor facilities at Canterbury. They do need the money though...
    cheaper than Surrey. not sure what extra facilities you would want. Kent also sell a 6 pack for £100 which you can use at any game which is excellent value.
  • Options
    Simply got blown away tonight. The first five overs in each innings decided this.
    Ah well, back to proper cricket ;-)
  • Options
    redman said:

redman said:

How much to get in

cheaper than Surrey. not sure what extra facilities you would want. Kent also sell a 6 pack for £100 which you can use at any game which is excellent value.
    I don't know where you usually shop but but 6 beers for £100 is shocking value for money
  • Options
    redman said:

redman said:

How much to get in

Poor seating and bogs, inaudible pa, as much as it pains me, The Oval is an excellent day out
  • Options
    I was there.

Cricket, from Kent at any rate, generally poor company good so overall a positive experience. Always good to catch up with old friends and team mates.

Northeast and Billings batted well but 167 was at least 20 light and our bowling during the first power play in particular was abysmal. Hampshire had 70 odd after 6 overs! 167 is no target when you are nearly halfway with 14 overs to go.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Anyone see Bresnan's 6 for 19 last night? On a hatrick twice and destroyed Lancys batting order. And the catch from Leaning is worth checking out
    http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12146/10984236/yorkshires-jack-leaning-produces-catch-father-and-goalkeeper-andy-would-have-been-proud-of
    An absolute ripsnorter picked out from the night sky in front of the boundary. Not a great night if you are Kent\Lancs supporter. Also Kent at Somerset on Sky Sports today at 15:30.
  • Options
    Somerset 28 off 1.4 overs. Kent WASP says 0%.....