Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comedians that are just not funny

Comments

• Options
    Seth Plums crappy jokes

• Options
    Nish Kumar is deeply unfunny.
    Saw him in Plymouth around 4 years ago, absolutely hilarious. If you are a Brexiteer I could understand you not liking him.
    Just find him smug and predictable - I'm not a Brexiteer.
  • Options
    Is there one comic that everyone can agree is shit?

I'll put forward Miranda and the bloke that does Mrs Brown's boys. Surely no one would admit to finding them funny?
    Sarah Pascoe
  • Options
    All very subjective of course.  Anyone that bases a comedic career around politics, I find off putting and not remotely amusing.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Hal1x said:
    Seth Plums crappy jokes

A colon can completely change the meaning of a sentence. For example:

• Jane ate her friend's sandwich.

• Jane ate her friend's colon.
    erh?😕
  • Options
    Saw him in Plymouth around 4 years ago, absolutely hilarious. If you are a Brexiteer I could understand you not liking him.
    I saw him at the Roundhouse recently. Absolutely superb, but then as this thread shows, comedy is massively subjective. 
  • Options
    All very subjective of course.  Anyone that bases a comedic career around politics, I find off putting and not remotely amusing.

;):D  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    I saw him at the Roundhouse recently. Absolutely superb, but then as this thread shows, comedy is massively subjective. 
    I find him as bland as Michael McIntyre- he does know his audience.
  • Options
    I find Jack Whitehall about as funny as testicular cancer.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Extraordinary comparison. Nish delivered an absolute zinger about every 7 seconds. Michael Macintyre will get three minutes out of repeating the same word. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Extraordinary comparison. Nish delivered an absolute zinger about every 7 seconds. Michael Macintyre will get three minutes out of repeating the same word. 
    Not really - find them both bland. 
  • Options
    That’s that then. 
  • Options
    Boris Johnson did alright at the polls 😉
  • Options
    This is a great thread but is in itself slightly funny. It generally goes in these stages:-

he/she is rubbish

i think they are brilliant

no they are not

yes they are

Now Bernard Manning, he was funny

No he wasn’t, he was racist

No he wan’t

what about Jim Davison

brilliant

racist

one of our own

Apart from when he was a Bournemouth fan

This thread proves comedy is subjective

thead goes quiet for several months

…and start again

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Boris Johnson did alright at the polls 😉
    Fine lines,  that's building a political career around comedy, surely?
  • Options
    If you think a comedian is funny, you're right. 

But if you think a comedian isn't funny, you're right. 

(It was Jimmy Carr who said that. He isn't). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IMHO, a lot of the problem involved in identifying comedians that are deemed funny by most is the issue of longevity (particularly when we become more aware of the person behind the act), there are many comedians who are very funny for a very short time, but then drift away into anonymity.

Then they run out of things to say with which the audience can relate, which is clearly an issue for observational comedians.  It's the equivalent of the difficult second album.  In some ways, it's easier for older style gag comedians.

Comic actors, provided they have the right writers working for them, can be much more successful.

That said, were kinder to comedians when they're dead...

...and, for some (not looking at anyone Woody Allen), their reputation would clearly be greater if they had.

But, even before they died, I would have said Berry Cryer and Marty Feldman were hilarious (but they were just as funny in their writing as in their comedy acting/stage personas).
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    If you think a “zinger” means saying something very loud, then I can understand why you would like Nish. If you enjoy comedians who are actually funny I could see why you wouldn’t.
  • Options
    Whilst I think Mrs Brown's boys has run its course Brendan O'carroll is a very funny man 

Miranda Hart chucks red meat out to a mass audience, which is a shame as I saw her do stand up, and I could be wrong with my dates but about 20 years ago and she was hilarious. 

Then there are comedians who absolutely kill it, everytime I've seen them live but are completely overlooked by TV David Johns is my immediate example, barring a brilliant turn in I, Daniel Blake I can't recall seeing him on screen 

• Options
    Saw Dan Renton Skinner/aka Angelos Epithemiou last month at the Tramshed = silly, wonderful, side splitting Comedian, brilliant. If Carlsberg made comedians ......................

• Options

Hannah Gadsby. No-one else comes close to being as unfunny. Thank fuck she doesn't get any coverage over here. 
  • Options
    Russell Brand
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Russell Brand
    He will be fucking hilarious when he gets put away, the dirty wrong un.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Hannah Gadsby. No-one else comes close to being as unfunny. Thank fuck she doesn't get any coverage over here. 
    Apparently there's more than one of her:-

"Hannah Gadsby is an Australian comedian, writer, and actor. They began their career in Australia after winning the national final of the Raw Comedy competition for new comedians in 2006".
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Apparently there's more than one of her:-

"Hannah Gadsby is an Australian comedian, writer, and actor. They began their career in Australia after winning the national final of the Raw Comedy competition for new comedians in 2006".
    My apologies. I will cancel myself immediately as is the law.