Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comedians that are just not funny

Comments

• Options
    Cannot stand Michael McIntyre but fair play mot him for being sufficiently funny to keep on pulling in prime time hosting slots, someone must like him. 
  • Options
    I must admit I like Anthony Jeselnik, Phil Wang and James ascsster.  

Cannot stand Miranda but my wife loves her.

Comedy taste is a funny old thing 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

comedy taste is a funny old thing
    No its not, thats the trouble!😝
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cannot stand Michael McIntyre but fair play mot him for being sufficiently funny to keep on pulling in prime time hosting slots, someone must like him. 
    Well you’re right, he’s toned his stuff right down to appeal to the prime time tv/ Royo variety market. Fair enough, but I don’t find it funny. 
  • Options
    Comedy is subjective but the following  just shows what a cunt Frankie Boyle is:

"Harry Kane talks like he is sucking a cock"

I'm sure all you ex playground bullies who are well into middle age are pissing yourselves ?

I find that really offensive about a guy with a speech impediment.
  • Options
    Comedy is subjective but the following  just shows what a cunt Frankie Boyle is:

I'm sure all you ex playground bullies who are well into middle age are pissing yourselves ?

I think Boyle is very funny but does lapse into offensiveness for the sake of it at times. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

He does NOT have a speech impediment!
    Really. 
    Sounds like a lisp or something to me.
  • Options
    I think it's often true that quality has an inversely proportional relationship with popularity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Really. 
    I looked into it. Would have to be using a loose interpretation of the term. He reminds me a bit of Peter Beardsley, did anyone say he had one? He just had his own unique way of talking. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Comedy taste is a funny old thing 
    Jeselnik is one of the all time greats as long as you really, really, really don't get offended by dark stuff
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Really. 
    I looked into it. Would have to be using a loose interpretation of the term. He reminds me a bit of Peter Beardsley, did anyone say he had one? He just had his own unique way of talking. 

You are getting into semantics but the point is Harry's speech is affected by a combination of issues where he has a lisp caused by nasal problems.

And the result is Harry's speech is impeded.
    Peter Beardsley also had a speech impediment.

You seem more bothered with hearing the words "speech impediment" that Frankie Boyle being cruel and visious about a really nice guy like Harry Kane !

I would say the same thing even if Harry Kane wasn't a brilliant football player and record goal scorer for England. 
  • Options
    I've probably said this already years ago on this thread but MacIntyre... lowest common denominator banal cringe-worthy observational crap.. find it genuinely depressing that he plays to arenas where thousands of folk are roaring with laughter.

As for Boyle... a very, very poor man's Sadowitz.
  • Options

Actually found that quite funny.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Really. 

You are getting into semantics but the point is Harry's speech is affected by a combination of issues where he has a lisp caused by nasal problems.
    Source?
  • Options
    Lauren Laverne , Nish Kumar
  • Options
    Russell Brand just awful
    as a comedian, perhaps, but as a philosopher?
    Russell Brand, Philosopher😹! I presume that’s a joke or at least I hope it is?
  • Options
    And herein lies a problem 

These people are paid to say stuff that some people will laugh at. Ive been at a Jimmy Carr show before when someone next to me had their arms crossed, shaking their head at the jokes, literally determined not to enjoy the show. When we came back after the interval I'd got up to let him past, verbatim I can't remember what he said but it was along the lines of "I cant stand the tax dodging c*nt but my missus likes him". What a weird way to approach something, you've paid your money, relax let yourself be entertained or don't pay the money and save yourself the hour and a half of stress. 

I remember loads of people walking out of Frankie Boyles show at Hammersmith, fair enough most of them were during a pretty dark impression of Michael Jackson that seemed to split the audience about 70/30 in favour. I personally thought it was funny, fair few people didn't which was fair enough. 

I've been in places like up the creek and Jongleurs when a comedian has dyed on their arse and you want the ground to open up and swallow them, saw Russel Howard go down like the titanic at a show in Bournemouth a long time ago and I distinctly remember Jo Caulfield absolutely bombing and properly turning on the audience in a pretty vicious way, Steven K Amos is another who was having a stinker until some muppet heckled him and he came alive, these were all at comedy clubs as opposed to stand up shows where you have paid to see someone specific. Some ones like that I've seen who I either didn't care either way for or actively disliked who turned out to be great shows were 

Russel Kane, excellent, energetic, only fault was he went on too long and if the venue didn't have to close I'm 
    Russel Brand, dealt with hecklers brilliantly, genuinely good material and I left liking him whereas before if have happily fed him through a mincer feet first 
    Milton Jones, swore once right at the end, millions of one liners 
    Alan Carr, didn't like him purely based on what I'd seen on the TV but very very funny and sharp 

• Options
    Russell Brand just awful
    as a comedian, perhaps, but as a philosopher?
    Russell Brand, Philosopher😹! I presume that’s a joke or at least I hope it is?
    Do I even need to say?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't go out of my way to watch Miranda but have to admit some of the set pieces are funny. I recall watching an episode on the plane (on a long haul flight you watch anything and everything) which involved her getting caught up in one of them moving conveyor belts you find in sushi restaurants. It made me laugh. 
  • Options
    Harry Hill is TERRIBLE!! Saw him stand in for a headliner at the Ealing Comedy Festival, you could sense the crowd were willing him to be funny but he was just really really weird and not funny at all. He walked off after about 10mins of his unfunny set to silence. Rufus Hound was the compare and rescued the evening, he was genuinely hilarious! 
  • Options
    Hill's film was terrible but I enjoyed TV Burp. Talking about films, if you threatened me with having to watch Hill's movie followed by the Mrs Brown one, I would consider ending it all!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    995632 said:
    Harry Hill is TERRIBLE!! Saw him stand in for a headliner at the Ealing Comedy Festival, you could sense the crowd were willing him to be funny but he was just really really weird and not funny at all. He walked off after about 10mins of his unfunny set to silence. Rufus Hound was the compare and rescued the evening, he was genuinely hilarious! 
    Saw him at the Hawth theatre in Crawley on the off chance.I was on a work seminar in the theatres conference suite and noticed the theatre postings. Luckily they had one seat left so I stayed on and watched. Very odd, not a typical stand up, you had to be a fan but I found it excellent.

My old car dealer boss had an expression "If everyone had the same taste we would all be driving around in Red Sierras".
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    My favourite comedians are all yanks...

Louis CK
    Bill Burr
    George Carling
    Chris Rock
    Mitch Hedberg
    Norm MacDonald
    Bill Hicks
    Richard Pryor
    Michelle Wolf
    Sarah Silverman

British...

Paul Foot
    Stewart Lee
    Micky Flannagan
    James Acaster - at a push

• Options
    Redskin said:
    My favourite comedians are all yanks...

Louis CK
    Bill Burr
    George Carling
    Chris Rock
    Mitch Hedberg
    Norm MacDonald
    Bill Hicks
    Richard Pryor
    Michelle Wolf
    Sarah Silverman

British...

Paul Foot
    Stewart Lee
    Micky Flannagan
    James Acaster - at a push

Not a comedian but Stiffler in American Pie is a very funny geezer.
  • Options
    Nish Kumar is deeply unfunny.
    But he does laugh very loudly, because he thinks that makes him funny.
  • Options
    Lenny Henry.