Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comedians that are just not funny

Comments

• Options
    Redskin said:
    My favourite comedians are all yanks...

Louis CK
    Bill Burr
    George Carling
    Chris Rock
    Mitch Hedberg
    Norm MacDonald
    Bill Hicks
    Richard Pryor
    Michelle Wolf
    Sarah Silverman

British...

Paul Foot
    Stewart Lee
    Micky Flannagan
    James Acaster - at a push

Great list. Saw bill burr at the Albert hall and was quality, love his podcast. Would knock Louis ck off that though, 2000 - 2005 Dave chappelle is probably the greatest era of possibly the best comedian america has ever produced.
  • Options
    Sadiq Khan
  • Options
    I know you cant live in the past,but after being brought up watching Tommy Cooper,Les Dawson,Dick Emery,Tony Hancock etc.,there is no one today(other than Peter Kay in his sit coms) who makes me laugh as much as those guys did.
  • Options
    A special mention to Max Boyce,who many years ago at a game at Anfield,did the halftime entertainment and spent 10 minutes taking the piss out of Charlton,even the home supporters were pissed of with him.I did write to Liverpool FC,this was the first game after Bob Paisley Died,and we Charlton supporters showed our utmost  respect and should not have put up with this.To their credit I received a lovely letter back,sharing my annoyance and was assured that Mr.Boyce was put in his place.
    Hated him ever since.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Louis CK
    Bill Burr
    George Carling
    Chris Rock
    Mitch Hedberg
    Norm MacDonald
    Bill Hicks
    Richard Pryor
    Michelle Wolf
    Sarah Silverman

British...

Paul Foot
    Stewart Lee
    Micky Flannagan

Great list. Saw bill burr at the Albert hall and was quality, love his podcast. Would knock Louis ck off that though, 2000 - 2005 Dave chappelle is probably the greatest era of possibly the best comedian america has ever produced.
    Some of Dave Chappele's recent Netflix stuff is excellent. The roundabout way he pulled off the 'kick her in the pussy' punchline was genius.
  • Options
    A special mention to Max Boyce,who many years ago at a game at Anfield,did the halftime entertainment and spent 10 minutes taking the piss out of Charlton,even the home supporters were pissed of with him.I did write to Liverpool FC,this was the first game after Bob Paisley Died,and we Charlton supporters showed our utmost  respect and should not have put up with this.To their credit I received a lovely letter back,sharing my annoyance and was assured that Mr.Boyce was put in his place.
    Hated him ever since.
    Are you sure it was Max Boyce and not Stan Boardman?
  • Options
    Dave Allen was excellent when I saw him.
  • Options
    Genuinely think there are more funny people on here than some of the so called ‘professional comedians’ knocking about.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Louis CK
    Bill Burr
    George Carling
    Chris Rock
    Mitch Hedberg
    Norm MacDonald
    Bill Hicks
    Richard Pryor
    Michelle Wolf
    Sarah Silverman

British...

Paul Foot
    Stewart Lee
    Micky Flannagan

Some of Dave Chappele's recent Netflix stuff is excellent. The roundabout way he pulled off the 'kick her in the pussy' punchline was genius.
    yeah it was good, but imo his stuff around the time he had the chappelle show were absolute killer and one of america's best ever comedians at the top of their craft.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    You are all funny, in your own special way.  Never change.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Hated him ever since.
    I was at that game. We lost 3-0 , Collymore ripped us apart. Was Stan Boardman. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Hated him ever since.
    Yep sorry for that it was Stan Boardman.
  • Options
    He's still angry about the Germans bombing his chip shop.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    masicat said:
    seth plum said:
    Hated him ever since.
    We lost 2 1 in the FA Cup. Kim Grant curled in a great goal.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Evening  cup match.
    We had a good following, but at half time ‘reacted’ to Boardman’s unfunny put downs.
    Even the Liverpool fans looked like they were shifting uneasily from buttock to buttock. Nobody laughed anywhere in the ground at anything he said, and he got more pathetic as he died on his arse moment by moment.
    In a later edition of When Saturday Comes they described. the whole thing as the worst display at Anfield that season.

*For some reason I seem to remember we fell behind whilst being temporarily reduced to 10 men. It wasn’t an embarrassing display from us, unlike Boardman’s embarrassing display for them.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    seth plum said:
    Hated him ever since.
    Yep sorry for that it was Stan Boardman.
    That kind of "comedian" loves to punch down. They are the ones I find unfunny.  

I was at the game and have no recollection of Boardman and what he said. I was driving, so I wasn't pissed either.  :D  
  • Options
    masicat said:
    seth plum said:
    Hated him ever since.
    We lost 2 1 in the FA Cup. Kim Grant curled in a great goal.
    Ah yes, I remember that game now. I arranged a meeting at my employer's Merseyside factory that day, indeed I used a pool car to drive up  ;)
  • Options
    Was at  the game behind the away end with all the Charlton supporters. Remember Mark Robson nearly equalised soon after Kim Grants goal. Half time all the Charlton supporters sang to Boardman ''You're not funny anymore''. Good atmosphere until he came on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Hated him ever since.

Max I was there Boyce was the quintessential Welshman and Rugby was his passion.

Stan Germans bombed our chip shop in the war Boardman was a Scouser and he loved Liverpool FC.

@thickandthin63 has been hating the wrong person for decades 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    You are all funny, in your own special way.  Never change.
    Funny how?
    I said:  In your own special way!
  • Options
    Hardeep Singh Kohli.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Evening  cup match.
    We had a good following, but at half time ‘reacted’ to Boardman’s unfunny put downs.
    Even the Liverpool fans looked like they were shifting uneasily from buttock to buttock. Nobody laughed anywhere in the ground at anything he said, and he got more pathetic as he died on his arse moment by moment.
    In a later edition of When Saturday Comes they described. the whole thing as the worst display at Anfield that season.

*For some reason I seem to remember we fell behind whilst being temporarily reduced to 10 men. It wasn’t an embarrassing display from us, unlike Boardman’s embarrassing display for them.
    We had a great following for a mid week league cup game. Boardman was an arsehole, he got such abuse from our lot he eventually threw his hands in the air and slunked off (early I think) to triumphant cheers from us. 
  • Options
    Bob Hope 
  • Options
    Phil Jupitus
  • Options
    Reginald D Hunter
  • Options
    Stewart Lee
  • Options
    I know you cant live in the past,but after being brought up watching Tommy Cooper,Les Dawson,Dick Emery,Tony Hancock etc.,there is no one today(other than Peter Kay in his sit coms) who makes me laugh as much as those guys did.
    So agree although a programme which we always enjoy is “Would I Lie to You” thanks to David Mitchell and Lee Mack.

I’ve never come to terms with NZ humour which is incredibly unfunny most of the time.  The exception was the talented Billy T James even though - or perhaps because - he took the piss out of the Māoris (his own race). Apologies Seth.
  • Options
    They are some very funny people, as was Ken Dodd from that era - I saw a documentary about him this week and he had some great one liners. I'm not convinced that there was ever a golden age or that the average level is significantly better or worse in any generation though. I suspect it's a bit like music where most people love the music they grew up with because that's their generation. It's right that no-one should make you laugh like they did, but youngsters today will probably say the same about the comics of their generation.