Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox to Wednesday?

Comments

• Options
    Someone on there describes him as
    Mobile
  • Options

Hope he does well here, seems like a really decent lad who will battle like hell ...up here we love that ..hope he keeps pudil out .
    All the best against the pigs up here too .

Didn't realise he was up against Pudil for a place... seem to remember him being quality at Watford
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Would probably be more smug comments if he did badly.

A fair comment.
  • Options

Personally think we could do without all the smug comments if he does well.

I hope he does well, he gave 100% every week and he seemed like a top bloke in the proper Charlton mould, but let's not pretend he wasn't rubbish for us.

Granted, the boo boys were completely out of order but can't we just be happy for Morgan instead of focussing on those boo boys with "I told you so" comments.

Just focus on Morgan!

Not just on Morgan but opinions on other players as well (good and bad) I genuinely think some people have obstructed views (I've noticed how poor the view is in the upper North, with things like depth perception etc)/no understanding of football/hear one or two people say something and are too dim to make up their own mind so go with what they say.

I don't think he was rubbish for us... And this is from someone who thought Francis was crap so I can't exactly get on my high horse... Fox will be playing at a higher level than Charlton will while this lot are in charge.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I hope he does well, he gave 100% every week and he seemed like a top bloke in the proper Charlton mould, but let's not pretend he wasn't rubbish for us.

Granted, the boo boys were completely out of order but can't we just be happy for Morgan instead of focussing on those boo boys with "I told you so" comments.

Just focus on Morgan!

Not just on Morgan but opinions on other players as well (good and bad) I genuinely think some people have obstructed views (I've noticed how poor the view is in the upper North, with things like depth perception etc)/no understanding of football/hear one or two people say something and are too dim to make up their own mind so go with what they say.

I don't think he was rubbish for us... And this is from someone who thought Francis was crap so I can't exactly get on my high horse... Fox will be playing at a higher level than Charlton will while this lot are in charge.
    You're right, I shouldn't have claimed to speak for others, it's just my opinion.

I mainly feel that energy would be better channelled into supporting Morgan than getting one over other fans.

That said, Scoham makes a good point and maybe I should shut up.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Huskaris said:

Just focus on Morgan!

You're right, I shouldn't have claimed to speak for others, it's just my opinion.

I mainly feel that energy would be better channelled into supporting Morgan than getting one over other fans.

That said, Scoham makes a good point and maybe I should shut up.
    Agree.

You should shut up :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saw that game. difference between the two sides was clear, Birmingham don't have anyone up front. between the two sets of supporters, nothing. even the valley last Saturday had more atmosphere.

Fox did alright but had no one up against him. their full back got pass him a couple of times in the first half but him and forresterie soon stopped that from happening. otherwise bar a rough challenge a pretty easy day at the office for young fox.

• Options

saw that game. difference between the two sides was clear, Birmingham don't have anyone up front. between the two sets of supporters, nothing. even the valley last Saturday had more atmosphere.

Fox did alright but had no one up against him. their full back got pass him a couple of times in the first half but him and forresterie soon stopped that from happening. otherwise bar a rough challenge a pretty easy day at the office for young fox.

I agree the atmosphere was poor but when the Temps was -1, on a Friday when the crowd was low and Wednesday didn't really put Birmingham to bed until late on then I can see why.
  • Options
    Posted 8 hours ago
    Have a feeling he will be another Lees. Last club fans saying he's poo but going to be quality for us. Just shows if a players heart is not in it, which Fox obviously wasn't at Charlton, it does affect performance

Goes to show that every message board has pillocks posting drivel.

If there was one thing Fox had going for him at Charlton it was his heart and passion, the way he celebrated every win, it was clear to see he loves Charlton
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Posted 8 hours ago
    Have a feeling he will be another Lees. Last club fans saying he's poo but going to be quality for us. Just shows if a players heart is not in it, which Fox obviously wasn't at Charlton, it does affect performance

Goes to show that every message board has pillocks posting drivel.

If there was one thing Fox had going for him at Charlton it was his heart and passion, the way he celebrated every win, it was clear to see he loves Charlton

So people who didn't rate him are Pillocks? Wish him well but he was dog for us towards the end
  • Options
    What are you on about? I'm calling the person on the OwlsTalk forum, who posted that, a pillock as he's talking about Fox's heart not being in it at Charlton, nowt to do with who rates him.

Pillock
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I agree the atmosphere was poor but when the Temps was -1, on a Friday when the crowd was low and Wednesday didn't really put Birmingham to bed until late on then I can see why.
    fair enough just thought the numbers were there and for a play off pushing side I thought there would be more voacal support.

anyway, that's the first time I've sat down and watched you lot this season, is that a normal display? as it seemed to me very average. got the result but that was mainly because of Birmingham being dog awful in defence and ponderous up front. Gardner being their only real attacking threat.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    sam3110 said:

What are you on about? I'm calling the person on the OwlsTalk forum, who posted that, a pillock as he's talking about Fox's heart not being in it at Charlton, nowt to do with who rates him.

Pillock

Enjoy your Saturday you angry little boy
  • Options
    Jog on lad
  • Options

fair enough just thought the numbers were there and for a play off pushing side I thought there would be more voacal support.

anyway, that's the first time I've sat down and watched you lot this season, is that a normal display? as it seemed to me very average. got the result but that was mainly because of Birmingham being dog awful in defence and ponderous up front. Gardner being their only real attacking threat.
    I'll be honest, a lot of our performances this season has been below par, however, we keep seeming to get the results.
    We are already 6 points better off then at this stage last season yet not playing with as much flair .
    Strange season really , maybe it's because of all the new faces and the play off hangover ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just focus on Morgan!

Nope because a lot of the comments weren't just that he was often rubbish for us, they were stating categorically that he was the worst player ever and was jut about league 1 standard and would never make it anywhere else. So if he does prove those boo boys wrong bring on the "smug comments" from others who were right. As stated there will be more smug comments by the boo boys if things don't work out for him.
  • Options

I'm really pleased for him that he's made a decent start for the Massives. He's an honest pro and a team player.
    The Sheff Weds scouts were also sufficiently impressed.

If Fox was so poor for Charlton, why did each Charlton manager pick him without fail?

• Options
    I loved it when Forestierri was subbed for Adam Reach and the commentators said; that'll be because Morgan Fox needs the protection in front of him.

And yes I felt so damned smug when that was said because when everyone said he was rubbish I'd always stand up for him saying he needed adequate cover in front of him!!
  • Options

I loved it when Forestierri was subbed for Adam Reach and the commentators said; that'll be because Morgan Fox needs the protection in front of him.

And yes I felt so damned smug when that was said because when everyone said he was rubbish I'd always stand up for him saying he needed adequate cover in front of him!!

And of course the opposing management team would soon work out that Fox was frequently exposed - and would tactically plan to overload him, 2 against 1.
  • Options

Totally agree, got fed up with the moans on fox and always having to point out he was often left 2-1 as whoever was in front of him didn't track back adequately. Despite Jacko's age Fox always had a good game with him on the left.
  • Options
    Not every Charlton fan was antipathetic towards Morgan Fox, I quite liked him.
  • Options
    Believe it or not, we have fans who think Fox is crap and Watt is good.
  • Options
    Posting without caring.

So looking at the massive forum we have to conclude that we were only half right: CAFC are shit and so is Morgan Fox.

Turns out that MF was only shit because we were dragging him down to our level. How depressing is that?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Posting without caring.

So looking at the massive forum we have to conclude that we were only half right: CAFC are shit and so is Morgan Fox.

Turns out that MF was only shit because we were dragging him down to our level. How depressing is that?

maybe they're right but I notice there's still a bit of hatred towards us in south Yorkshire. strange bunch.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Someone on there describes him as
    Mobile
    Plays like he's on his mobile more like.