Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely loved the Blur/Weller/Selecter gig at Wembley yesterday. Sweltering evening, all the groups were on top form and the crowd were great too.  

Phone’s playing up and not letting me add some of the later photos & videos. Might try again later. 
  • Options
    The Who were great tonight. I even bumped into @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Got to take the rough with the smooth

Were they good? Saw them at Wembley few years back. Thought they were good (Townsend superb, Daltrey past his best) and so so choice of songs
  • Options
    They played all the hits hence the tour named hits back. I was dubious about going as they’ve not been that good but tonight was really enjoyable. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Always a pleasure to catch up mate, as you say, they were superb.
  • Options

• Options
    Excellent sound quality at Sunday's Wembley gig. Blur were excellent, as was Weller.
  • Options
    Didn’t get a code for Taylor Swift tickets, my daughter is very upset bless her. Has anyone ever had any issues using stub hub or viagogo?
  • Options
    Didn’t get a code for Taylor Swift tickets, my daughter is very upset bless her. Has anyone ever had any issues using stub hub or viagogo?
    Not sure about Stub Hub, but would avoid Viagogo. Awful reputation and have been known to advertise tickets they don’t have.

I use Twickets quite a bit and never had a problem with them either buying or selling.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Not sure about Stub Hub, but would avoid Viagogo. Awful reputation and have been known to advertise tickets they don’t have.

I use Twickets quite a bit and never had a problem with them either buying or selling.
    Cheers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to see ABBA Voyage on Saturday afternoon. I am not an ABBA fan but had heard great reviews of the show. I must say it was excellent. It looked like ABBA were actually there on stage. The place was packed with everybody dancing (I tapped my toe now and again). I would highly recommend going to see it.
  • Options
    You might be better waiting until nearer the time and looking at either the official returned ticket site or Twickets. Buy now and you will be well and truly ripped off.

I've bought and sold very close to the date of gigs and it's worked...........but never something as big as these Taylor Swift shows.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I went to see ABBA Voyage on Saturday afternoon. I am not an ABBA fan but had heard great reviews of the show. I must say it was excellent. It looked like ABBA were actually there on stage. The place was packed with everybody dancing (I tapped my toe now and again). I would highly recommend going to see it.
    I went a few weeks ago and I agree: very impressive and enjoyable all round.
  • Options
    Couple of days late, but was at the Blur Radio 2 show on Tuesday night.  Despite being a TV / Radio recording, the atmosphere was electric and just as hot and sweaty as recent gigs.  Blur truly are hitting a fine run of form and in the best shape since the 90s.  New album out tomorrow, so if they announce any further gigs later in the year, would advise anyone here with a passing interest to see them. 

• Options
    You might be better waiting until nearer the time and looking at either the official returned ticket site or Twickets. Buy now and you will be well and truly ripped off.

I've bought and sold very close to the date of gigs and it's worked...........but never something as big as these Taylor Swift shows.
    On that note, I admit I don't know a great deal about Taylor Swift, but I googled this tour she's on & it's incredible.  it's something like 130 shows  & the smallest capacity venue is something like 55,000.  I think I'm right in saying it's the highest grossing tour of all time.

She is without doubt the biggest pop star on the planet right now
  • Options
    A blast from the past last night watching Bootleg Jam at the Lord Hill in Bexleyheath. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    A blast from the past last night watching Bootleg Jam at the Lord Hill in Bexleyheath. 
    Just looking at what’s coming up later this year and see From The Jam are playing Indigo in December. Playing the All Mod Cons album (plus hits) to celebrate 45 years since it was released. 45!!!!  I might have to admit I’m getting old soon! 😱😂
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Just looking at what’s coming up later this year and see From The Jam are playing Indigo in December. Playing the All Mod Cons album (plus hits) to celebrate 45 years since it was released. 45!!!!  I might have to admit I’m getting old soon! 😱😂
    I’ll be at this, support act are The Purple Hearts.
  • Options
    Friday’s gig at Glyndebourne; The Rakes Progress

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Macronate said:
    Did Victorious Festival in Southsea at the weekend and was lucky enough to see Friendly Fires, Divine Comedy, The Charlatans, Hard Fi, The Enemy, Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian amongst others.
    Probably the best organised Victorious yet.  I have been going since 2016. 

Best act of the weekend were ‘Oh My God. it’s the Church’. If you get a chance to see them, you won’t be disappointed.  Fun and energy from 1st minute to the last. 
  • Options
    My best friend in the world there on bass. Hell be happy you cant see him :)  

Charlton through and through he is. Airman Brown - That's Mark A there.
  • Options
    Saw Primal Scream a few weeks ago at Dreamland in Margate. I've seen them 5 times and this was by far the best. My god they were good, started off with a 15 minute version of Movin on Up which was almost religious. Great set and the band were spot on, tight as. Not even ruined by the odd downpour. Going to see Th Streets there in 2 weeks  
  • Options
    Saw Scouting for Girls in Colchester at the weekend they were very good ! 
  • Options
    Saw Primal Scream a few weeks ago at Dreamland in Margate. I've seen them 5 times and this was by far the best. My god they were good, started off with a 15 minute version of Movin on Up which was almost religious. Great set and the band were spot on, tight as. Not even ruined by the odd downpour. Going to see Th Streets there in 2 weeks  
    Fantastic live band.
  • Options
    Were the Mondays supporting them?
  • Options
    Were the Mondays supporting them?
    Yes mate. We only caught the tail end of them. At least we saw em do WFL.  But we were really there for Primal Scream
  • Options
    Was working at Boardmasters Festival a couple of weeks back.. Warmduscher were the highlight for me on one of the side stages...but judging by the amount of people trying to get on my viewing platform, Liam Gallagher or Florence and the Machine were the most popular.. Platform wasn't busy for Lorde (Friday headliner), so got the time to listen to her songs...and was mainly disappointed...but son and his (female) mates down near the front thought she was excellent... Most of the acts had come through on TikTok, which is probably representative of the average age of the festival goers (16 - 18 years old..) and why I hadn't heard of them...
  • Options
    I saw them at South Facing a few weeks back and they were shite. Bobby's voice was shot and live mix was a mush.
    He was waffling on, celebrating people on drugs, truly cringeworthy.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I saw them at South Facing a few weeks back and they were shite. Bobby's voice was shot and live mix was a mush.
    He was waffling on, celebrating people on drugs, truly cringeworthy.
    They can be hit or miss. Which was a bit my point  - my god they were fucking brilliant on Margate.