Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Saw The Skids at the 100 club last night. Great gig, but even after 43 years I still can't decipher the lyrics to Into The Valley.
  • Options
    Got a few lined up this year
    Sparks
    Depeche mode
    Mesh
    OMD
    Was thinking of Devo but I don't think my knees can handle it .
    Too many standing gigs.
  • Options
    Saw The Go! Team at Dreamland in Margate a fortnight ago - fantastic show. Tiny venue, too, inside the ballroom - pleased I made the effort to go down there rather than going to one of the London shows.

Went to Ladytron at Koko last weekend, which was terrific. 

Got Inspiral Carpets and The Bug Club coming next month. 
  • Options
    Got The Damned next month. Depeche Mode in June. A couple of covers Bands in April and May. Was thinking about Devo but then remembered I don't like them.
    @fadgadget Are you on Facebook and if so, Electronic Cafe is a good page.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @Covered End Thanks but I can read. We went to the same school, remember?. What I meant was I can't decipher them when Richard Jobson sings them. 😀
  • Options
    Got The Damned next month. Depeche Mode in June. A couple of covers Bands in April and May. Was thinking about Devo but then remembered I don't like them.
    @fadgadget Are you on Facebook and if so, Electronic Cafe is a good page.
    Yes , all signed up for Electronic Cafe , bumped into them at the Water rats last year , Satsuma Radio is also a good sorce for music 
  • Options
    Not quite a gig but went to the 100 Club for an evening with Rick Buckler tonight. Cracking night. Said that he hasn’t spoken to Paul Weller since 1983.

• Options
    Not a gig but went to a special screening of Dance Craze at the BFI last night. The film has been upgraded and it looks the nuts. Great to see it clearer and on a big screen. Really took me back. Q and A afterwards with a great line up of Jerry Dammers, Pauline Black, Rhoda Dakar, Woody, Buster, etc.

even got to chat with Dammers while we waited for the toilet, what a nice painfully shy chap.  

Also great to find out the film was produced by one of our own, surprising to see him there, known the man years didn’t know that’s what he did.

Good night for star spotting in there, Martin Freeman, Matt Berry, Mark Kermode 
  • Options
    Not a gig but went to a special screening of Dance Craze at the BFI last night. The film has been upgraded and it looks the nuts. Great to see it clearer and on a big screen. Really took me back. Q and A afterwards with a great line up of Jerry Dammers, Pauline Black, Rhoda Dakar, Woody, Buster, etc.

even got to chat with Dammers while we waited for the toilet, what a nice painfully shy chap.  

Also great to find out the film was produced by one of our own, surprising to see him there, known the man years didn’t know that’s what he did.

Really wanted to go to this, a good friend produced this but wasn't able to score any extra tickets. it's playing at the Greenwich Picture House tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DaveMehmet said:m

Really wanted to go to this, a good friend produced this but wasn't able to score any extra tickets. it's playing at the Greenwich Picture House tonight.
    I know. I spoke to him. He said about getting you tickets. Great night mate 
  • Options
    Was at Alejandro Escovedo and the Rant Band playing the whole of “Mott” and a host of other Mott The Hoople tracks last night. What a band and what great songs. Playing Bush Hall on 27th I believe
  • Options
    Going to see Roger Daltrey next Sunday at the RAH for the last of the Teenage Cancer Trust gigs this year. Richard Ashcroft, Joan Armatrading and Kelly Jones new band as support. Should be a good night.
    I thought “you won’t get many in the river ale house”. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The Roundhouse for Stiff Little Fingers last night. 

Last saw them about 25 years ago at Brockwell Park. They were as good last night as they were poor then. Jake may be getting on a bit, and has certainly packed on the pounds but he’s still got it, and it was great to see Ali on bass. The drummer and other guitarist were both excellent.

Preceded by the drummer from The Stray Cats, his wife on bass, and another woman on guitar. Pretty good for a support act. 
  • Options
    Slim Jim Phantom, takes me back.
    I saw Stray cats at The Lyceum back in the day.
  • Options
    Going to see Roger Daltrey next Sunday at the RAH for the last of the Teenage Cancer Trust gigs this year. Richard Ashcroft, Joan Armatrading and Kelly Jones new band as support. Should be a good night.
    Cracking show tonight, although Roger Daltrey’s set was a bit rushed and only 45 minutes long.

Richard Ashcroft did a solo acoustic set and was fantastic. Never really paid a lot of attention to Joan Armatrading but she qas really good too.
  • Options
    One for the teenagers, Elton John last night. Mostly a greatest hits collection and plenty of energy in a decent show. 
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    Got a few lined up this year
    Sparks
    Depeche mode
    Mesh
    OMD
    Was thinking of Devo but I don't think my knees can handle it .
    Too many standing gigs.

Will also be at the Mesh gig and hopefully OMD later in the year
  • Options
    Really looking forward to MESH , it's been a few years since they've giged in the uk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to see the performance of Turandot last night at Covent Garden. 

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I was very impressed with The Orielles at Electric Brixton last night. One to watch, although I wish they didn’t use so much red and blue lighting 

• Options
      From last weeks Dance Craze show.

A fine line up. 
  • Options
    Popguns at the 229 club last Friday - fantastic.

Orelles at Electric in Brixton last night - good, but show felt a bit flat for some reason
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I've seen the Popguns a few times as another poster on CL is a massive fan.
    We've even been drinking with Wendy and the band pre gig.
  • Options
    Popguns at the 229 club last Friday - fantastic.

Orelles at Electric in Brixton last night - good, but show felt a bit flat for some reason
    I was there and enjoyed it. If you've got a sore foot this morning, I was the guy who stood on it at the end of the show!
  • Options
    One of my favourite bands who were superb at the Eventim Apollo - Big Thief. I’m lucky enough to see them at a small venue in Brighton again on Thursday.
  • Options
    And Big Thief were just as good, if not better, at Chalk, Brighton, a small venue. Quite different set too; they surprisingly opened with a Kinks cover, Strangers.

• Options
    Two gigs in October at the Roundhouse:
    Rival Sons
    Larkin Poe.
  • Options
    Going to the Mods Mayday gig in Islington on May 6th. Secret Affair, Purple Hearts, Chords UK and others. The Selecter are playing Koko in Camden the night before and we thought of staying nearby and going to both. Couldn’t see why there were hardly any hotels available and those that were were ridiculous prices. Then we realised what else is happening in London on May 6th!