Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letter in todays Greenwich & Lewisham Mercury

Comments

• Options

I wonder how many of the anti CARD supporters that are complaining were behind the Valley Party?

My friends who don't want to know about the protests were naysayers during the VP campaign and largely failed to financially support the VIP season ticket scheme. They are however happy to 'enjoy' their football based on the efforts of many of the same people they once again fail to support.
    They were proved wrong then and are wrong now. They cant see it and I can't work them out.

Perhaps CARD need to work on dragging their heads out of the sand. Just a few gobby anti protesters can create a false impression.

What was their reason for not supporting the VP?
  • Options

I wonder how many of the anti CARD supporters that are complaining were behind the Valley Party?

My friends who don't want to know about the protests were naysayers during the VP campaign and largely failed to financially support the VIP season ticket scheme. They are however happy to 'enjoy' their football based on the efforts of many of the same people they once again fail to support.
    They were proved wrong then and are wrong now. They cant see it and I can't work them out.

Perhaps CARD need to work on dragging their heads out of the sand. Just a few gobby anti protesters can create a false impression.

Can you seriously compare the seven years in exile to the current situation. This has become a vanity project.
  • Options

I thought for a second that Michael E Tucker was an anagram of Katrien Meire.....

Rhyming slang maybe.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

I am a little surprised the one letter to a local newspaper has spawned so many opprobrious responses on here. The author of that letter is perfectly intitled to his point of view and for people to suggest that he must be some dribbling geriatric who can't have access to social media is unnecessarily insulting.

I disagree with with just about everything he says but I believe he has the right to express his views. If people want to take issue with him, do it on the facts of the matter not on speculative insults.

What he said....

• Options

Can you seriously compare the seven years in exile to the current situation. This has become a vanity project.
    No.

That didn't stop me attending.

This owner has managed that though.
  • Options
    entitled not intitled
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are grade A plonkers though Palarsehater, here's an exchange I had with a friend of a friend on her facebook page following her posting video footage of Back to The Valley day.

Him: Well I remember this as we was trying to paint steps and railings it was just fantastic day but now we have a group off people trying to kill that family club, card are causing so much tension and getting fan to commit a criminal offence just to try and get there own way is disgusting we have been blessed with some true greats over the last 20 years and I feel sorry for what is going on to day COYRNBAE

Her: Jim I have to disagree card aren't the issue Rd and km are!!

Me: If you take a look at that board in the ground honouring the names of the leading lights of the Back to the Valley campaign, (including mine), yHiou will see that most of those that are still around are fully supportive of CARD.

Him: Sorry being threatened with points deduction and fines is going to alllpL (sic) [ I assume he means "isn't going to help]

Her: I don't think that has actually happened

Me: I have heard nothing about that - I would be interested in Jim's source, the national media are all over the story and there's been nothing there. I do know that in the past few weeks it has been PROVED that Duchatalet lied about trying to influence the team ("sound advice" - my arse) and lied about watching every game. He has not attended a game for over two years and also said our football club was 1.5% of his interest. Without all the other ridiculous goings on, just that should be enough to stir the ire of any fan. When he took over we were in the Championship, under his stewardship we are now in league one. He has failed.

Him: No he made mistakes but we know that but the fans don't support the team like we have always done follow your heart but we get all the rubbish about a own who doesn't bother but the own before caused most of this and this own has been great but had problems but when our own fans cheer and moan about certain things they dont like but we only support the team not the owners or CEO but it does hurt our own players buy no one wants to know I think we should start a group CHARLTON til I die lol

Her: The fans are fed up and don't want to spend their money at a place that is no longer enjoyable and is run by complete morons who have lied from day 1. I still go but now for the friends I know not because I find it a fun place to be. I really wish I hadn't parted with money. I will seriously consider my options for next season. I want them gone and the sooner the better

Me: He has lied and lied again, I just gave you factual provable examples - how in gods name is that "great"????? It does not hurt the players, some are on record stating as much, and results on protest days have been no worse than on others. Charlton would have died 25 years ago if we had sat down and just said suck it up like some are happy to do now.

Him: So what did you do 25 years ago that help the club stay a life then

Me: I was involved with The Valley Party right from the start, I canvassed and leafleted, I organised the same for half a dozen wards. I took part in the marches and protests, and the publicity stunts. I was involved in planning and strategy. On election day I took voters to the polls, acted as a teller in Eltham and as an official observer at the count. No keyboard warriors then Jim

Him: No I was on the march's and worked at the valley got picture in mercury plus I don't under stand any fan who says that it was them who got CHARLTON back to the valley or your valley party it was Mr Morris and Mr Alwin how was the main people they lost nearly all their money to get Charlton back plus after them we kept going forward until 4 years ago and the chairman spent money to get up and again struggling at bottom of championship and then we change hands and he has admitted they have made mistakes and they are trying to change it but the owners before him were Manchester city season ticket holders and watched about 5 games and we were top of the league so no don't agree with you now or ever because we want to go forward not keep on about last season or the one before that we need everyone to get behind our club and team plus last season against Middleborough the F.A told CHARLTON that if this carries on we will have to fine you and points deduction because it can't keep letting CHARLTON fans do this if you are a fan how comes you want people to throw things onto the pitch plus the fans are.throwing coins bottles it's unfair to kids that go to games I had 9 season tickets last year now 3 because my kids don't like it and there is many people like me who have had enough of this crap so you know he won't sell so the other way is support the team get them up and then keep going because the minute he gets premire league he. Will sell straight away so try and get there

Her: Unfortunately the fans will not get behind the club or the team whilst it is being destroyed by Rd and his sidekick. Yes Mr norris and alwen put money in but without the fans it wouldn't have been possible Mr alwen lost his money when Lloyd's crashed. The togetherness that we had as a team of players staff and fans has been lost because of the way it is now run. They will never learn from there mistakes and I believe it will only get worse. I don't believe there was an official announcement from the league re fine and points deduction I think you will find that the club said that!!!!. As for getting promoted with the shit we have enough I think that's a tall order. With no depth in squad and a team that lacks. Unfortunately we aren't going to agree but I know if they continue to destroy something I love that holds a big place in my life I might just leave that in the past and move on.

Me: And Mr Norris lost his in a property deal that went wrong, but there's no point in going into detail and quoting facts to people who don't actually know the history and wont listen to those that do, Sarah. I'll leave it there.

Him: Sorry if I don't agree with you but my family have been going to CHARLTON since the were formed and I'm all's done things for CHARLTON for years in which I stated above so don't say I don't know I was on every march you did. and the woman they show in Woolwich town hall is our mates mum but you keep saying about facts well card are 50 per cent for the club being relegated and I will blame Card as much as the owners but one question how comes we play better away from home than at home and that's your answer and I don't agree with the way people talk to sue parks that is disgusting and some of the people giving out balls and taxis and I said no for stickers and got abused by the bloke in front of my kids f u ,your a c--t , I'm a wan---r. and that's for saying no THANKS so that's my reason and I would back the owners before I ever support card COYRNBAW

Continues...
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What was their reason for not supporting the VP?
    They didn't see the point.
  • Options
    timken said:

entitled not intitled

Exactly, facts of the matters of the matter and not insulting. Many thanks.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people, like Mr Tucker, are forgetting what was happening before the protests started. Fans were drifting away in droves because of the dreadful atmosphere, not because of a boycott. As in any business, it's up to the owner to attract buyers for his product. Football fans are taken for granted all over the country, which Mr Tucker finds acceptable, but it results in fans being ripped off in all sort of ways. I would guess that boycotters like me who will renew S/T's as soon as Roland goes are far fewer than those who just stopped going because of what Roland has done to the "matchday experience"
  • Options

...Continued

Her: As u know I have supported cafc all my life and would have moved hell or high water to get to games and myself have gone above and beyond. It's now a relationship I'm not happy in and that is purely down to the owners. No one makes people throw things on the pitch that is choice and if you choice wither option doesn't mean you don't support the team. I'm sorry u have been abused but fans are turning against each other because of their views and that's wrong. But I back card and will continue to do so. So that in the future I still have a club to support

Me: Jim, can't you get one fact right? So far this season we have picked up 16 points at home and 11 away... Plus a good home win in the FA cup. I simply don't believe a word you say. I really will stop my part in the discussion now.

Him: Well your a mug not one big win at home we play better away and that's a fact we played more better because it's easy to play with no pressure and that's a fact plus you said Mr Norris lost money to the bank but most of his money was lost AT GETTING CHARLTON BACK HOME AND IS A FACT WE WENT BOLTON INE YEAR 76 FANS BUT NEXT AWAY GAME WE TAKE 10,000 to Manchester united so how does that work out and that's a fact did you travel to selhurst every home game or travel over this country for games and getting people laugh at you or call us a little club who have no fans and people took the piss and my friend sums up everything about our club this man won't sell and that's a fact and he is giving the manager what ever he needs but the committee will discuss what they will or won't so end of COYRNBAW

This is the kind of utter cretin we are up against.

Worrying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They are grade A plonkers though Palarsehater, here's an exchange I had with a friend of a friend on her facebook page following her posting video footage of Back to The Valley day.

Him: Well I remember this as we was trying to paint steps and railings it was just fantastic day but now we have a group off people trying to kill that family club, card are causing so much tension and getting fan to commit a criminal offence just to try and get there own way is disgusting we have been blessed with some true greats over the last 20 years and I feel sorry for what is going on to day COYRNBAE

Her: Jim I have to disagree card aren't the issue Rd and km are!!

Me: If you take a look at that board in the ground honouring the names of the leading lights of the Back to the Valley campaign, (including mine), yHiou will see that most of those that are still around are fully supportive of CARD.

Him: Sorry being threatened with points deduction and fines is going to alllpL (sic) [ I assume he means "isn't going to help]

Her: I don't think that has actually happened

Me: I have heard nothing about that - I would be interested in Jim's source, the national media are all over the story and there's been nothing there. I do know that in the past few weeks it has been PROVED that Duchatalet lied about trying to influence the team ("sound advice" - my arse) and lied about watching every game. He has not attended a game for over two years and also said our football club was 1.5% of his interest. Without all the other ridiculous goings on, just that should be enough to stir the ire of any fan. When he took over we were in the Championship, under his stewardship we are now in league one. He has failed.

Him: No he made mistakes but we know that but the fans don't support the team like we have always done follow your heart but we get all the rubbish about a own who doesn't bother but the own before caused most of this and this own has been great but had problems but when our own fans cheer and moan about certain things they dont like but we only support the team not the owners or CEO but it does hurt our own players buy no one wants to know I think we should start a group CHARLTON til I die lol

Her: The fans are fed up and don't want to spend their money at a place that is no longer enjoyable and is run by complete morons who have lied from day 1. I still go but now for the friends I know not because I find it a fun place to be. I really wish I hadn't parted with money. I will seriously consider my options for next season. I want them gone and the sooner the better

Me: He has lied and lied again, I just gave you factual provable examples - how in gods name is that "great"????? It does not hurt the players, some are on record stating as much, and results on protest days have been no worse than on others. Charlton would have died 25 years ago if we had sat down and just said suck it up like some are happy to do now.

Him: So what did you do 25 years ago that help the club stay a life then

Me: I was involved with The Valley Party right from the start, I canvassed and leafleted, I organised the same for half a dozen wards. I took part in the marches and protests, and the publicity stunts. I was involved in planning and strategy. On election day I took voters to the polls, acted as a teller in Eltham and as an official observer at the count. No keyboard warriors then Jim

Him: No I was on the march's and worked at the valley got picture in mercury plus I don't under stand any fan who says that it was them who got CHARLTON back to the valley or your valley party it was Mr Morris and Mr Alwin how was the main people they lost nearly all their money to get Charlton back plus after them we kept going forward until 4 years ago and the chairman spent money to get up and again struggling at bottom of championship and then we change hands and he has admitted they have made mistakes and they are trying to change it but the owners before him were Manchester city season ticket holders and watched about 5 games and we were top of the league so no don't agree with you now or ever because we want to go forward not keep on about last season or the one before that we need everyone to get behind our club and team plus last season against Middleborough the F.A told CHARLTON that if this carries on we will have to fine you and points deduction because it can't keep letting CHARLTON fans do this if you are a fan how comes you want people to throw things onto the pitch plus the fans are.throwing coins bottles it's unfair to kids that go to games I had 9 season tickets last year now 3 because my kids don't like it and there is many people like me who have had enough of this crap so you know he won't sell so the other way is support the team get them up and then keep going because the minute he gets premire league he. Will sell straight away so try and get there

Her: Unfortunately the fans will not get behind the club or the team whilst it is being destroyed by Rd and his sidekick. Yes Mr norris and alwen put money in but without the fans it wouldn't have been possible Mr alwen lost his money when Lloyd's crashed. The togetherness that we had as a team of players staff and fans has been lost because of the way it is now run. They will never learn from there mistakes and I believe it will only get worse. I don't believe there was an official announcement from the league re fine and points deduction I think you will find that the club said that!!!!. As for getting promoted with the shit we have enough I think that's a tall order. With no depth in squad and a team that lacks. Unfortunately we aren't going to agree but I know if they continue to destroy something I love that holds a big place in my life I might just leave that in the past and move on.

Me: And Mr Norris lost his in a property deal that went wrong, but there's no point in going into detail and quoting facts to people who don't actually know the history and wont listen to those that do, Sarah. I'll leave it there.

Him: Sorry if I don't agree with you but my family have been going to CHARLTON since the were formed and I'm all's done things for CHARLTON for years in which I stated above so don't say I don't know I was on every march you did. and the woman they show in Woolwich town hall is our mates mum but you keep saying about facts well card are 50 per cent for the club being relegated and I will blame Card as much as the owners but one question how comes we play better away from home than at home and that's your answer and I don't agree with the way people talk to sue parks that is disgusting and some of the people giving out balls and taxis and I said no for stickers and got abused by the bloke in front of my kids f u ,your a c--t , I'm a wan---r. and that's for saying no THANKS so that's my reason and I would back the owners before I ever support card COYRNBAW

Continues...

Frighteningly thick.
  • Options

...Continued

Her: As u know I have supported cafc all my life and would have moved hell or high water to get to games and myself have gone above and beyond. It's now a relationship I'm not happy in and that is purely down to the owners. No one makes people throw things on the pitch that is choice and if you choice wither option doesn't mean you don't support the team. I'm sorry u have been abused but fans are turning against each other because of their views and that's wrong. But I back card and will continue to do so. So that in the future I still have a club to support

Me: Jim, can't you get one fact right? So far this season we have picked up 16 points at home and 11 away... Plus a good home win in the FA cup. I simply don't believe a word you say. I really will stop my part in the discussion now.

Him: Well your a mug not one big win at home we play better away and that's a fact we played more better because it's easy to play with no pressure and that's a fact plus you said Mr Norris lost money to the bank but most of his money was lost AT GETTING CHARLTON BACK HOME AND IS A FACT WE WENT BOLTON INE YEAR 76 FANS BUT NEXT AWAY GAME WE TAKE 10,000 to Manchester united so how does that work out and that's a fact did you travel to selhurst every home game or travel over this country for games and getting people laugh at you or call us a little club who have no fans and people took the piss and my friend sums up everything about our club this man won't sell and that's a fact and he is giving the manager what ever he needs but the committee will discuss what they will or won't so end of COYRNBAW

This is the kind of utter cretin we are up against.

If the complete absence of any punctuation is accurate I believe I have had discussions with the same gentleman. Completely pointless exercise as he is unbelievably blinkered and won't hear a word against the owners.
  • Options
    It is exactly as written BA. He also doesn't understand the definition of the word fact.
  • Options

It is exactly as written BA. He also doesn't understand the definition of the word fact.

Then I am sure it is the same guy, he thinks if he writes in UPPER CASE it makes him right. TW*T!!!
  • Options

Then I am sure it is the same guy, he thinks if he writes in UPPER CASE it makes him right. TW*T!!!
    Reads like a bloke called Martyn Don Ounstead on FB. He often doesn't use punctuation and ends every post with COYRNBAW.
  • Options
    I wonder what Mr Tucker thought of the "back to the valley" campaign and did he trek to Palace and Upton Park?

Have to agree that protests at games have lost impetus with such small crowds.

The current ownership is putting up barriers against supporters enjoying a Saturday match regardless of CARD. Ticketing issues, stewarding, coach travel, compo, house music, insulting fans, replacing professional staff with inferior no-marks. The list is endless.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Reads like a bloke called Martyn Don Ounstead on FB. He often doesn't use punctuation and ends every post with COYRNBAW.
    It's a bloke called Jim Smith.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

It's a bloke called Jim Smith.
    Looks like he's a friend of a friend. Don't think I'll introduce myself though, judging by his FB I don't think I could handle all the high brow conversations..
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Oh I have had discussions with him as well, really likes to quote regulations about throwing missiles, another TW*T!!!