Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton Athletic. Tuesday 22nd November 2016. 7.45 MATCH THREAD.

Comments

• edited November 2016
    5-2 half time between Dortmund and Legia. haha
  • Fuck Robinson off and give Nugent the job
  • So the question has Nugent actually changed much or is this just us bearing the fruits of Slade's work?

Sorry its the latter for me... Four wins out of the last five with the Swindon defeat seeing a performance that is complete opposite of recent games

Had Scunthorpe and Chesterfield been just as bad then Id disagree about Slade but its thanks to him for these foundations... We just needed to be braver and more attacking!!
    Or more patient
  • We are going up, say we are going up.
  • Possession
    Home 56% Away 44%
    Shots Home 8 Away 5
    Shots on Target Home 3 Away 3
    Corners Home 5 Away 1
    Fouls Home 5 Away 6
    Goals 0-2
  • AshBurton said:

I like a no manager bounce. Clearly the role is overrated.

You know that's exactly the kind of thinking Roland gets off on.
  • Sponsored links:

• AshBurton said:

Am formulating a reply to your email by the way - it looks like, touch wood, we may have an actual nucleus of more than about four players this year!!
  • Haha, wasn't a justification of Slade. Just trying to get a weak eunuch joke in. Sorry.
  • Great to see Bauer adding to his solid defensive skills by being involved in both goals tonight.
  • PaddyP17 said:

AshBurton said:

Am formulating a reply to your email by the way - it looks like, touch wood, we may have an actual nucleus of more than about four players this year!!
    Great Paddy - always a challenge to keep the runs down with only a bowler, keeper and one fielder each side of the wicket!
  • AshBurton said:

I hope Roly doesn't see that - visionary that he is..
  • Their song is by Leadbelly, and they have a player called Leadbitter, clear proof there is a cosmic plan controlled by the Illuminati.
  • LoOkOuT said:

AshBurton said:

You know that's exactly the kind of thinking Roland gets off on.
    Oops, solly.
  • Got to feel sorry for Slade here. Lays the foundations, gets criticised for having no balls and also looks quite similar to the eunuch on game of thrones (Varys is it?)

Then just as the team is coming together and is ready to play more attacking football, he gets fired.

Of course two/three years wages may soften the blow.

But I reckon he did care. Just a shame about the balls.

Please tell me you are joking SLADE was a massive part of the problem
  • Sponsored links:

• Back at the ground.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 29s29 seconds ago
    The Addicks are back out for the second half. 45 minutes to go... COYA!!! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Charlie Colkett on for Cristian Montano, and Peter Hartley on for Byron Moore.
  • Rovers double substitution.
    Hartley is one coming on
    three at the back and attacking wing backs to come from rovers
  • Here we go.
  • We look pretty good, Phillips is playing well. Can't believe how many have turned up for a Tuesday, maybe the small ground makes it look better but our terrace is full
  • And it's under way with us lot starting it, going left to right now, Buaer clears to Lines, Leadbitter on it, chips into Sinclair's run but Fox can clear for the stands.
  • Ajose for no. 3?
  • Rovers attack but we clear, and they get a throw deep.
  • Lines from Leadbitter's throw... ball cleared long from Chicksen, Lockyer out for their throw and back to Roos in goal.

Ball infield to Colkett, into Sinclair, Gaffney and Bauer clears, Brown infield to Sinclair, further forward but Lookman looks long for Ajose, Lockyer first and back to Roos. Left to Brown...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!