Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton Athletic. Tuesday 22nd November 2016. 7.45 MATCH THREAD.

Comments

• Chicksen likely to be LM so Lookie right. WTF are we still selecting 3 CBs on bench and no youth like Aribo or RCC. These guys will be on short contracts and will not re-sign if mediocre players denying them a start.

hear-hear. Three CBs on the bench in addition to starting with a LB at left midfield is incredibly silly, moreso when you consider we have some players who at youth level at least seem capable of changing a game (Aribo, RCC, warming to Kennedy, and KAG).

Someone asked earlier how we'll set up:
    ........Phillips
    Foley...Bauer...Pearce....Fox
    Lookman....Ulvestad...Crofts...Chicksen
    .........Ajose......Mcgennis

I would have kept the same 11 from Saturday but obviously Rudd picked up a knock and I don't think JJ can play twice in four days.
  • So who's actually playing where? I literally can't work it out.
    Who's playing on the right?

4-4-2 Lookman right, Chicksen left is my guess
    Agreed, but Lookman isn't usually as good on the right.
    Put Botaka on the right and Lookman on the left.
    I don't know why this isn't obvious to them?
    Tbf Botaka didn't hardly touch the ball in 30 mins on Saturday.
    And when he did, I wished he hadn't.

He was decent in spells for Leeds. Just wish we'd give him a start.
  • Also, thanks for doing this Seth, I have a hectic work afternoon or I'd chip in.

Homemade Veggie chili? Do you use a fake mince? We're very lucky that over here Trader Joe's does a wonderful canned veggie chili which I actually had for dinner last night.
  • As already said... Botaka has done nothing to earn a start after Saturday and whilst Jackson cant start so often it means we should get another good Fox (who can cross as good as anyone at the club) performance as he'll be protected by Chicksen.

Good setup in my eyes as proves the club also know that Fox is buggered if not supported
  • Weathers miserable, work was double shite today, just paid my council tax bill and just got a tv licence txt reminder for £5.50...

Don't worry, the Addicks will cheer us up!!!
  • As already said... Botaka has done nothing to earn a start after Saturday and whilst Jackson cant start so often it means we should get another good Fox (who can cross as good as anyone at the club) performance as he'll be protected by Chicksen.

Good setup in my eyes as proves the club also know that Fox is buggered if not supported

But surely it's not fair to judge Botaka on just one sub appearance where he came on and we were on the backfoot most of the time because we were 2-0 ahead? I understand wanting to keep the shape, and it sounds like Fox was ace on Saturday. It's just frustrating that we're so limited in midfield.
  • Lennon and Konsa can play fb and Konsa can also play midfield.

If you need them both when you have chicksen on the pitch I'm not sure but they are both young players.

A more adventurous coach might have another striker but that runs the risk of leaving us short at the back.

Not saying he's right but can see the thinking.

Jackson on the bench on a heavy wet pitch makes sense.

Phillips looks excellent but doesnt yet have the experience of Rudd.

Almost an identical team beat Port Vale so c'mon Charlton, the Nugent era continues.
  • Weathers miserable, work was double shite today, just paid my council tax bill and just got a tv licence txt reminder for £5.50...

£5.50 seems cheap for a TV license
  • Thanks for taking up the match thread Seth. Will be following from France.

Hope the weather is better for you than in TN4!!
    Very nice thanks (:
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

Weathers miserable, work was double shite today, just paid my council tax bill and just got a tv licence txt reminder for £5.50...

£5.50 seems cheap for a TV license
    It only shows Charlton Sky games

• It's a big pitch there, isn't it?

It could be that Rovers have an attacking fullback - Chicksen can provide cover to help stop Fox getting overloaded and enough pace to exploit the space if their fullback gets stranded upfield.

• Lennon and Konsa can play fb and Konsa can also play midfield.

If you need them both when you have chicksen on the pitch I'm not sure but they are both young players.

A more adventurous coach might have another striker but that runs the risk of leaving us short at the back.

Almost an identical team beat Port Vale so c'mon Charlton, the Nugent era continues.

So what's the point of Tex being on the bench?
  • 3 centre backs and no strikers on the bench. Brilliant squad balance there.
  • Talal said:

Lennon and Konsa can play fb and Konsa can also play midfield.

Because Roland says so.

• Why the fuck do we keep naming tex as a substitute when we know we won't fucking use him.
    Give one of the younger players a chance if only for the experience

Probably, so we can claim he's been match fit for months when we have another attempt to sell him in January.

Obviously, we can't play him for financial reasons that Meire denies. She thinks we're as stupid as her.
  • Talal said:

Lennon and Konsa can play fb and Konsa can also play midfield.

No idea as it doesn't seem he'll ever play.
  • Oggy Red said:

It's a big pitch there, isn't it?

It could be that Rovers have an attacking fullback - Chicksen can provide cover to help stop Fox getting overloaded and enough pace to exploit the space if their fullback gets stranded upfield.

Chicksen will be at LB, while after his 2 set ups on Saturday, Fox will be playing a free role as our No 10
  • Chicksen might play LB and push Morgan Fox up. His crosses on Saturday were better than usual and he might give us the width.
  • SDAddick said:

Also, thanks for doing this Seth, I have a hectic work afternoon or I'd chip in.

Homemade Veggie chili? Do you use a fake mince? We're very lucky that over here Trader Joe's does a wonderful canned veggie chili which I actually had for dinner last night.

Quorn mince boyo, it's the absolute nuts.

Guilin chilli sauce (there's my mum's influence), garlic, leek, ginger, bit of tomato, rice, general goodness - very filling.

Cheers Seth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh, yeah

I'll do the match thread too but will be drinking tea and having a spot of cake right now so expect less constancy from me (though I'll still type at about 100 WPM)
  • Has @cabbles arrived yet ?
  • At least Robinson has a promotion on his CV.
  • When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!
  • Made it.
    I am on 'gas' player
    paddyon our one.
  • Ready to start, we kick off
  • Okay here we go, kicking left to right and we begin proceedings
  • bristol kicking the 'right' way for them
  • Back to Foley on the right, he goes up to Magennis but inwards to space and Foley is there though, Ajose... nah way too much on it, GK
  • rovers goal kick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!