Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why does Roland stand by KM?

Comments

• edited November 2016

KM, Driesen, O'Loughlin: when it comes to football Roland doesn't recruit on merit. He recruits people who think he's wonderful.

In the case of Meire and Driesen both were originally recruited on the basis of e-mails sent to him (don't know about O'Loughlin). In both the known cases it seems clear that Duchatelet was attracted by the simple fact that they were offering him assistance - albeit an off-the-wall kind of assistance where Driesen is concerned.

Duchatelet clearly likes to play the Lord Bountiful alongside his known penchant for left-field (i.e. visionary) ideas.

The stubborn streak within him refuses to acknowledge that his proteges can do any wrong (remember no admission of failure under any circumstances). This means that unless they turn against him personally (akin to someone high-ranking bailing out of Scientology and denouncing the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard) then both Meire and Driesen are in sinecure posts where they need not fear the sack no matter how outlandish, unqualified (Driesen) or woefully incompetent (Meire) their performances are.

Meire will continue therefore to announce new 'eras' for the Club every few months instead of doing what anyone with any self-respect would do and recognise that she is in the wrong job and resign for the benefit of the Club and/or out of respect for Duchatelet as she is only remaining in post because of his bizarre view of the world.

• RedPanda said:

He is also very good friends with her parents.

This is what I've heard from someone with decent contacts. She is "like a niece."
    Which is pathetic. Would the owner of a major company give the CEO's job to someone completely unqualified just because she was a family friend. No he'd get her a job as a receptionist or PA
    He tried giving her a secretarial job but it was a complete disaster:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ANqm_Ai-q8

• Kap10 said:

Missed It said:

As Charlton's situation has got worse and worse over the past couple of years I've always wondered what makes Meire absolutely unsackable when she is clearly an utter failure as CEO. Not only are we the victims of incompetence but nepotism too!
    You are judging her role as CEO in the same way that you would judge any normal CEO position. The more I think about this the more I realise that she is not doing a CEO role, she merely has the title.

If you listen to her earlier interviews and a discussion I had with her in April, when she talks about her role it is not about the business, it is about being between RD and the fans. Far from being a CEO she is a middle to junior manager making tactical decisions, whereas RD makes the strategic ones. Every now and then she forgets her position and tries to contribute to the strategy .. Peters and Luzon sacking and appointment and Slade here for the long term, and he reminds her she is a small cog, who is here to take the flak!

Not for a moment do I believe that RD does not know every fine detail of what goes on at the Valley, but then I used to work for someone like him and he had spies every where, plus he is a detail man and will want information to the finest of details sent to him and not just by her.

You would have thought with the many slap downs that have undermined her credibility in the worst possible ways (on top of her PR gaffes) she would have had enough and resigned and maybe the clue to her not having done so are two fold:-

Her unknown salary is golden handcuffs, where could she earn what she earns here, as a copyright lawyer.

How else would she get her 15 minutes of fame. Whilst much of it is negative how often has the media wanted to put her on TV or in the press and if she were a copyright lawyer how often would her views be sought after!?
    RD personally employ his key staff rather than them being employed by the company they work for.

Daisy does not receive any remuneration from Charlton Athletic, nor do the directors of his company Melexis.

Legally she can say she is acting in the best interests of the club in everything she does, but her allegiances are directly to RD and really she is a paid to protect RD's private interests which are in priority to the business of the football club.

RD behaves like a feudal lord and owns those who must do his bidding and he can't risk them acquiring competing allegiances.
  • Part of his loyalty to these people is that the Big Cheese likes to surround himself with fellow Limburgers.
  • My wild guess is that if the protests hadn't been so media attractive Katrien would have moved/been moved on long ago but because it's been so high profile RD can't/won't be seen to back down so Katrien has to stay in situ until either some success is achieved on the pitch and she can move on naturally or a white knight comes along and buys the club for a sum that gives RD a good deal to show on his investment.

And that leads me to my next wild guess of if the team can be in or around the playoff/promotion spots at year end then the new manager will have a promotion chasing budget to play with in January.

• The stubbornness of a rich man who can not admit he is wrong. He's a bargain basement Donald Trump. I also increasingly suspect he knows she winds up the protesters and so he keeps her there for that reason. It's certainly not her ability to run a club and woo the media. He is many things but he is not stupid. He must know she is unfit for purpose, which means she is there as a two-finger salute to fans. "I'm in charge, and Meire shows there is absolutely nothing you can do about it."
  • We go through managers at an incredible pace yet our appalling CEO remains spouting a stream of garbage and becoming increasingly deluded. If RD got rid of her he might buy himself a bit of time.
    Why does RD support her or is it just part of his master plan to destroy our club? I'm not sure which of the two I despise more.
    She is a complete chancer who loves playing the victim card and seems to care about little apart from her ego and career.
    The only thing that could make matters worse is Pardew returning as manager....

Why would he want to do this?

• A question nobody can get anywhere near to answering, it all defies logic.

Oh I don't know Elf. I'd have a good go but they'd probably class it as libel!! It's all very unhealthy.
  • RedPanda said:

This is what I've heard from someone with decent contacts. She is "like a niece."
    I would go for this Option.

I don't believe it's the same as when David met Karen ?
    Sullivan gave the CEO's job at Birmingham, to 23 year old Brady after she impressed him with her adverting work she did for his Wank artistic Magazines.
    A snooker table featured somewhere in the story, although I have absolutely no idea how. I doubt RD plays snooker, so no, it probably isn't the same. Ahem.

Although I did learn last night that RD does like to be seen with young tottie, there is apparently a video of him jiving with some young sort in Sint-Truiden.
  • Well your first wild guess is pretty wild in that the protests have somehow improved her chance of staying in post, your second that he will somehow turn his previous strategy 180 and invest in the squad come January as opposed to asset strip it is far too sensible and as such beyond wild....

I would quit the guessing tbh and just shout 'out' like the rest of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016
    Kap10 said:

Missed It said:

As Charlton's situation has got worse and worse over the past couple of years I've always wondered what makes Meire absolutely unsackable when she is clearly an utter failure as CEO. Not only are we the victims of incompetence but nepotism too!
    You are judging her role as CEO in the same way that you would judge any normal CEO position. The more I think about this the more I realise that she is not doing a CEO role, she merely has the title.

If you listen to her earlier interviews and a discussion I had with her in April, when she talks about her role it is not about the business, it is about being between RD and the fans. Far from being a CEO she is a middle to junior manager making tactical decisions, whereas RD makes the strategic ones. Every now and then she forgets her position and tries to contribute to the strategy .. Peters and Luzon sacking and appointment and Slade here for the long term, and he reminds her she is a small cog, who is here to take the flak!

Not for a moment do I believe that RD does not know every fine detail of what goes on at the Valley, but then I used to work for someone like him and he had spies every where, plus he is a detail man and will want information to the finest of details sent to him and not just by her.

Hence the appointment of O'Loughlin to keep tabs on the dressing room and whomsoever is coming in as manager. Eyes and Ears O'Loughlin.........

• Daisy does not receive any remuneration from Charlton Athletic, nor do the directors of his company Melexis.

I agree with the gist of what you say, but Melexis has nothing whatsoever to do with Staprix and therefore, there is no obvious reason I can see why the CEO would be paid through Staprix. Melexis is a plc and its directors' pay therefore subject to other shareholder scrutiny. RD's majority share in it, along with the rest of his electronics empire, is run through another of his holding companies, Xtrion.
  • RedPanda said:

Sullivan gave the CEO's job at Birmingham, to 23 year old Brady after she impressed him with her adverting work she did for his Wank artistic Magazines.
    A snooker table featured somewhere in the story, although I have absolutely no idea how. I doubt RD plays snooker, so no, it probably isn't the same. Ahem.

Although I did learn last night that RD does like to be seen with young tottie, there is apparently a video of him jiving with some young sort in Sint-Truiden.
    PLEEEASE for the love of Christ, locate this video.
    I will do my best :-)

• Old pals act I reckon.....the two families are friends.
  • Because no other candidate would stand by him
  • Training for her to go on the next series of The Apprentice.
  • edited November 2016

RedPanda said:

PLEEEASE for the love of Christ, locate this video.
    I will do my best :-)

It's not this one, is it? See him jiving at STVV's promotion party on 27 April 2015. It wasn't theoretically his club at the time, of course, and Charlton were playing the same day, but he has to get his priorities right.

http://www.tvl.be/nieuws/roland-duchatelet-danst-op-kampioenenfeest-7780
  • Just a hypothesis … but … Is Meire a victim too?

All employees deserve a ‘duty of care’.

RD has placed a very inexperienced member of his staff into a very high profile position. One to which Meire is completely and utterly out of her depth.

He has given or allowed her no visible support, guidance or help.

He has watched from the sidelines as her personal stock drops, damaging her future employment opportunities.

He has Ignored the extreme and prolonged pressure that she is enduring.

Has done nothing as she suffers bad and humiliating publicity that started long ago - albeit just locally.

Still does nothing as that humiliation rises to national and international level, including a networked sports program across the USA.

Been aware of her perception that protection is now required for her own personal safety.

And still does nothing to shield her. In fact he keeps her in the firing line and even twists the knife when he suggests that the guys on Talksport get on her case, whilst he scurries off into the shadows.

Meanwhile, Meire trudges on like a demented prize fighter, sadly for her though, there isn’t even a cornerman to throw the towel in to prevent her further damage.

And, Duchatelet continues to hide behind her skirts, in an act tantamount to cowardice at best and pig ignorance at worst.

If Meire would only bring a case that her health and well-being has suffered at the lack of care provided by her illustrious leader (and it is well documented), maybe we could all celebrate, as the regime implodes into destruction.

Just a thought. dream.
  • Sponsored links:

• She's caught between a rock and a Jobcentre, Raith.
  • He's a sucker for her.

She's a sucker for him.

They are both as annoying as each other.

He is the problem..... and she is the mouthpiece ......that makes everything even worse.

They simply, both, don't care.

OK, Charlton are a mess but....the bigger picture....

The FA or any other available governing body needs to shake the rules up a bit.

What's currently happening to Charlton isn't football. What's happening to other clubs of similar circumstances, isn't football.

It's destroying the franchise.....clueless uncaring billionaire egos are not needed to run football clubs. They are awful , uninterested power tripping neglectful muppets. Waste of space.

Governing bodies need to wipe the slate clean....grow a pair of bollocks and just do something about it.

Today's youth may grow up not findimg the game as interesting as what it may have felt like 20 years ago.

Passion is eroding. Especially regarding Charlton. It wouldn't matter what league we were in.....but I very much doubt my dad would have taken me to Charlton when I was young, in this day and age.

If I had a natural football talent in 2016 and could become a pro....

I fear my mindset would just be like, I don't care who I play for its all the same gig anyway and all a mess.

Just give me the money, fast cars, amazing women and move me about wherever.

Shouldn't be like that.

• It's been shown they are family friends so you can only assume that is the reason.

The worse this has all got the more secure she seems to be in remaining. It's totally illogical and she would have been moved on some time ago at practically any other organisation and not just in football
  • edited November 2016
    Your sister is your mother
    Your father is your brother
    You're %$&*£$% one another
    The Roland family
  • edited November 2016

What a plonker and is that Murray in the background looking for the Gents ?
  • Actually @cabbles I noticed he had done that as well and thought, that's clever I'm going to do that from now on.

Until I forget.
  • One of 'The 100 Mightiest Limburgers' . Shudder to think who the other 99 are? Somewhat weird location for the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aLOFw7gLw4

• Daisy does not receive any remuneration from Charlton Athletic, nor do the directors of his company Melexis.

I agree with the gist of what you say, but Melexis has nothing whatsoever to do with Staprix and therefore, there is no obvious reason I can see why the CEO would be paid through Staprix. Melexis is a plc and its directors' pay therefore subject to other shareholder scrutiny. RD's majority share in it, along with the rest of his electronics empire, is run through another of his holding companies, Xtrion.
    The pattern I'm simply pointing out is that his key staff are not paid by the organisation they perform duties for. Didn't intend to suggest there was any other connection.

It is not normal that the directors of Melexis are not remunerated by Melexis, and there is nothing for shareholders to scrutinise. I don't know which entity pays them, unless they work for nothing, and didn't think a moment it was Staprix.

The motive can only be to exert direct personal influence and sideline any other influences that normally affect a director's relationship with the business he is responsible for and to prevent scrutiny by any other stakeholders.

The kind of lady he likes is very clear from the poor soul he is putting through her paces. And is it me or does she look remarkably similar to our beloved CEO?