Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For us Oldies?

And I mean going back to at least the 70's
What did you look forward to most before the game?

The Watermans Arms
Standing with your mates in the Covered End
No Fuckin RD or Katy spoiling the day?

Comments

• You walk into the watermans Arms you'll hear a mighty roar.
    Fuck of you millwall bastads we are the Charlton boy's
  • Not heard that one for a while
  • Valley pub and then the Covered End, down into the bar at halftime.
  • Alan, Alan Campbell la la la la la la la
  • Mike Bailey - Billy Bonds - Len Glover. Three of my favorites, and we sold all three.
  • The bloke in Floyd road selling newspapers after the game he used to shout out
    3.30 winners and your half times.
    Happy days indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Some special night games - beating Pompey 4-1 - in1967 I think they had beaten us 4 nil at Fratton Prk just before that and beating Southampton 6 -2 ?Very happy days
  • Zigger Zagger Zigger Zagger Oi Oi Oi!

La la la Barry Endean.
  • Drinks with my old man and half a dozen of his mates (all now shuffled off this mortal coil) in the Stones club.
    Chatting to the players (Killer, Colin Powell, Jimmy Giles etc) in the club after the game.
    Running on the pitch at the full time whistle, they never gave banning orders for that.
    Walking round to the south stand.
    The mahoosive east terrace.
    Happy Days
  • Arthur, Arthur Horsfield etc etc....

Leg end in my sweet blue eyes.

Wish I had had as much bottle that he showed on the pitch when I saw him outside the ground, and should have asked him for a chat and an autograph.
  • Better sir this thread out as I weren't born till '77
  • stonemuse said:

Valley pub and then the Covered End, down into the bar at halftime.

Same here or in the Broom/Roupell/Pickwick until halftime then walk along and get in for nothing.
  • Beer and Fags.
  • Peanuts. Standing where ever I fancied. The half time boards. Night games, don't think many grounds suited lights as much as the valley. Legging it on the pitch at full time. Fuck, I even enjoyed the journey from abbey wood such was the anticipation of a game. I loved the valley as a kid :)
  • Better sir this thread out as I weren't born till '77

Pup
  • Sponsored links:

• Beating Swansea 6-0 and Notts County 6-1 on Tuesday nights not just in the same season but in the space of a few weeks.
  • And that's the point of the thread Stevie.RD and Katy will just never understand what you have said and that many thousands more think the same
  • The smell of liniment.
  • Finding all my mates in The Covered End as it filled up and waiting to see what the day had in store. Hales, Flanagan, Powell and Peacock trying to outscore the opposition. Away fans making suicidal attacks on the Covered End. Light ale and pissing up concrete urinals in the open air. Swearing we would all be there forever - where have they all gone?
  • Trying not to get splashback from the outside urinals onto the silk scarve tied around your wrist.
  • Walking down from Charlton Park and going in the Sam Bartram entrance with my dad. Killer Hales, Dick Tydeman, Keith Peacock and Arthur Horsfield. The half time score puzzleogram in the corner.
    My club bitch!

My club to and it always will be
  • Village idiots