Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

30 + applicants for the manager's job

13»

Comments

• 30 applicants allegedly. I wonder how many of those applicants are qualified or you would want to do the job ?
  • edited November 2016

Means nothing. I have a friend that has been applying for every vacant manager's job for years. Knows nothing about football coaching and was nearly as bad a player as me, and I was terrible. In fact he works in computers.

I think he might get an interview for this job!

If he works in computers he must be tiny, thus failing the CL height test.
    It's a no from me.
  • vff said:

30 applicants allegedly. I wonder how many of those applicants are qualified or you would want to do the job ?

Half of them probably aren't even serious applicants. You've probably got Tom, aged 14 from Eltham who won the champions league 6 times with Chelmsford on football manager so sent in an application. Katrien will count him though.
  • edited November 2016

vff said:

30 applicants allegedly. I wonder how many of those applicants are qualified or you would want to do the job ?

Half of them probably aren't even serious applicants. You've probably got Tom, aged 14 from Eltham who won the champions league 6 times with Chelmsford on football manager so sent in an application. Katrien will count him though.
    No chance, up against Thomas from Belgium who's got a World Club Championship on his CV :wink: .
  • Caldwell & O'Loughlin 11/8 Robinson 7/2 Adkins 11/2 - Skybet
  • Grapevine. Not tempted?
  • edited November 2016

Grapevine. Not tempted?

@Grapevine = CEO

@bobmunro = HR

@tutt_tutt = head coach

• edited November 2016

Grapevine. Not tempted?

@Grapevine = CEO

@bobmunroe = HR

@tutt_tutt = head coach

Gis a job;
    I can do that :wink:
  • Wow 30+ applications. The job centre only posted it yesterday! :wink:
  • I don;t know why some of you scoff at he amount of managers who WILL actually want the job as we are probably one of the top 20 teams in this country to manage (excluding the top half a dozen in the Premiership)

We are based in London
    until recently known as a nice , well run club,
    could easily be back in the Premiership within 3 years (ala Southampton & Norwich)
    good stadium & fan base,

Any decent manager who believes in himself & his qualities could see his stock tise in a short period of time if he can turn things around, We all know that we have the basis for a good team (back 5 better than average for this league & 2 good midfielders in Holmes & lookie) & only need a couple more decent players in the January window & we could be in the top 6.

Anyone thick skinned enough to ignore KM & RD and does his thing, gets results & gets us promoted then will be a hero for life ........

With a couple of sensible additions and a decent manager (big ifs yes), promotion is still possible, even with our current owners. Being any better than a painfully struggling Championship team will require a complete change at the top though
  • Sponsored links:

• Exciting times...
  • Kap10 said:

30+ doesn't surprise me as there are plenty of out of work Manager's, ex-pro's looking for a first shot at management, coaches looking for a first management job all of whom will think that they can be the one who can turn our fortune's around and are desperate enough to give it a go.

You forgot Charlton fans applying and the gravy train of being sacked after 4 months
    And the fact it came out if Mieres mouth so is definitely bullshit.
  • edited November 2016
    RedChaser said:

Grapevine. Not tempted?

@Grapevine = CEO

@bobmunroe = HR

@tutt_tutt = head coach

Gis a job;
    I can do that :wink:
    Great posting RedChaser - KM is very impressed. She has now introduced a practical element to the interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aObZJN9zDtA