Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

30 + applicants for the manager's job

Jim White has just mentioned on TalkSport that there have been 30+ going for the job.

So where did he get this info from, the same leak that the Slade had gone?

Talk about care in the community.

Comments

• 34 to be precise
  • 30+ doesn't surprise me as there are plenty of out of work Manager's, ex-pro's looking for a first shot at management, coaches looking for a first management job all of whom will think that they can be the one who can turn our fortune's around and are desperate enough to give it a go.

My thoughts too.
  • No doubt another lie from our illustrious leader.

Let's be honest here, I doubt that their would be over 30 managers out there that would work for the shower that is currently "running" our club.

Anyway, that's only an hours work for Daisy
  • 30+ doesn't surprise me as there are plenty of out of work Manager's, ex-pro's looking for a first shot at management, coaches looking for a first management job all of whom will think that they can be the one who can turn our fortune's around and are desperate enough to give it a go.

Dont forget that those 30+ wont necessary be British either
  • 30 interviews and we will still get a shit manager...
  • Sponsored links:

• Here in lies the problem ....

They 'should' have a proactive approach - establish a blue print of what they want in a manager and go to the market with a list of managers they have researched/targeted.

No plan
  • 30 applicants does not mean 30 people willing to accept the job.
    Ask Chris Wilder or Steve Evans (if that is true).
  • I reckon the net could be cast very wide for that job. Meaning, there will be plenty of chancers applying and not many real managers/coaches.
    You might even find someone, young and ambitious who fancies a leg up in football because he has studied players on YouTube and has worked out a system of sorts for selection.
    A progressive owner might think this fresh blue sky thinking is worth a punt for 16 games or so.

Or to earn money to pay mortgage with a nice payout after a couple of months...
  • The manager from my local pub sent in a formal application. Is this being counted too?
  • There are plenty of other ways of looking at the job. Anyone who has confidence in his own abilities might see it as a great challenge and an opportunity to prove it and manage their relationship with an absent owner. As long as they are happy with the remuneration, T's & C's and their management abilities they might think that if they can turn this around, and prove their worth, then their market value will increase and their career will be improved...if they succeed. Its always a bit of risk when you take on any new new job - you really need someone who is brave enough to take on the complete challenge of the team, management, fan engagement and aim for success on the pitch to have any chance of success. IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• A good 10-15 of those applications were probably done in crayon and based on experience in Championship Manager
  • Why do they bother with this charad we know it will be a Roland coach already on thye books.

• A good 10-15 of those applications were probably done in crayon and based on experience in Championship Manager

Well, if it worked for Driesen.....
  • kafka said:

4 months work, 3 years pay. Yes please.

Sign me up. As a chef by trade I can guarantee the quality and quantity of the match day chips will improve. Our squad may look a bit more rotund after a couple of months but they couldn't be much slower than they already are.
  • You'd easily get 30 managers applying for the job. Get yourself a 2 year contract, and even if you get sacked (or rather when you get sacked) that's 2 year's salary to pay the bills.

There are loads of out of work managers and coaches out there, ones that never got a job or lost their last job and never got back into the professional game. Plus there will be the senior pros looking for their first job.

It's not as if updating your CV and cover letter takes much effort!

• Means nothing. I have a friend that has been applying for every vacant manager's job for years. Knows nothing about football coaching and was nearly as bad a player as me, and I was terrible. In fact he works in computers.

I think he might get an interview for this job!

And mainly from Belgium.