Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

30 + applicants for the manager's job

Comments

• May have been that many, but I bet not more than two will be considered.
  • I don;t know why some of you scoff at he amount of managers who WILL actually want the job as we are probably one of the top 20 teams in this country to manage (excluding the top half a dozen in the Premiership)

We are based in London
    until recently known as a nice , well run club,
    could easily be back in the Premiership within 3 years (ala Southampton & Norwich)
    good stadium & fan base,

Any decent manager who believes in himself & his qualities could see his stock tise in a short period of time if he can turn things around, We all know that we have the basis for a good team (back 5 better than average for this league & 2 good midfielders in Holmes & lookie) & only need a couple more decent players in the January window & we could be in the top 6.

Anyone thick skinned enough to ignore KM & RD and does his thing, gets results & gets us promoted then will be a hero for life ........

that's the only attraction at the moment
  • Means nothing. I have a friend that has been applying for every vacant manager's job for years. Knows nothing about football coaching and was nearly as bad a player as me, and I was terrible. In fact he works in computers.

I think he might get an interview for this job!

I reckon he will make the final two at this rate
  • I don;t know why some of you scoff at he amount of managers who WILL actually want the job as we are probably one of the top 20 teams in this country to manage (excluding the top half a dozen in the Premiership)

We are based in London
    could easily be back in the Premiership within 3 years (ala Southampton & Norwich)
    good stadium & fan base,

Any decent manager who believes in himself & his qualities could see his stock tise in a short period of time if he can turn things around, We all know that we have the basis for a good team (back 5 better than average for this league & 2 good midfielders in Holmes & lookie) & only need a couple more decent players in the January window & we could be in the top 6.

Anyone thick skinned enough to ignore KM & RD and does his thing, gets results & gets us promoted then will be a hero for life ........

that's the only attraction at the moment
    Yep until Roland decides otherwise
  • Is one of them a "Carl Fry" I wonder?
  • MK Dons get 200 applications we get 30+. Says it all. Either not many people want the job or the chancer's are not applying in case they actually get an interview or the job.

We are based in London
    good stadium & fan base,

Why do you think Southampton and Norwich made it to the Premiership, because they are well run clubs, totally opposite to us.
    When was we last called a nice well run club, probably over 5 years ago, maybe 10!
  • A somewhat similar number to KM's 34 fan meetings?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's been 3 weeks since MKD sacked Robinson which is a long time. Maybe they were waiting for Lampard!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/frank-lampard-emerges-shock-favourite-9270006
  • edited November 2016
  • kafka said:

4 months work, 3 years pay. Yes please.

Sign me up. As a chef by trade I can guarantee the quality and quantity of the match day chips will improve. Our squad may look a bit more rotund after a couple of months but they couldn't be much slower than they already are.
    The jobs mine, I'm a mechanical engineer. I can do detail, fault find, communicate, draw pictures, count, have a twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts and speak total bollocks.
    I'd fit right in.
  • Katrien laughs in the face of 30 interviews, barely a morning's work for her.
  • However many have applied, I am confident that Katrien has learnt from previous mistakes and will, this time, appoint a manager who will not only improve our ranking (as the previous 7 have) but also get along with the internet turd in Belgium who is picking the side and scouting our players.
  • 30 applicants?

Fuck off!!!

• A good 10-15 of those applications were probably done in crayon and based on experience in Championship Manager

How dare you! I used felt-tipped pen.

(well a board-marker actually - so the two sides of A4 rule for a CVs went out the window).
  • 30 applications from the same person, perhaps.
  • She is interviewing members of East Kent branch and Target 20
  • Sponsored links:

We are based in London
    good stadium & fan base,

Really? He can't do a thing if KM/RD won't back him by allowing him to sign (and play) the players he wants.

I very much doubt that one of the guarantees that Wilder asked for was fresh coffee in his office or that Evans insisted on a made to measure track suit! They might have asked, though, to be backed with a SQUAD - not a starting X1 plus a load of journeyman, crocks, players who might trigger a payment if played or kids.

We are based in London
    good stadium & fan base,

You alright hun?
  • edited November 2016
    KM there's an opportunity here.

Tell they will interviewed immediately after Saturday's home fixture with Port Vale, where they can give their insight to our latest crap performance and their plan to turn it round. Unfortunately in these times of austerity, no free entry is possible. Please contact the ticket office on this number .........

No that's put 30 on a poor crowd.

An they will likely be pay on the day extra £3 as well ! Everyone's a winner.
  • edited November 2016

I don;t know why some of you scoff at he amount of managers who WILL actually want the job as we are probably one of the top 20 teams in this country to manage (excluding the top half a dozen in the Premiership)

We are based in London
    good stadium & fan base,

Stop it, stop it.....can't. ..breathe...

We are based in London
    good stadium & fan base,

Mate.........

Patent them - the specs!!

They are gonna make you a 'mill-yon-air'!
  • 30+ doesn't surprise me as there are plenty of out of work Manager's, ex-pro's looking for a first shot at management, coaches looking for a first management job all of whom will think that they can be the one who can turn our fortune's around and are desperate enough to give it a go.

You forgot Charlton fans applying and the gravy train of being sacked after 4 months

We are based in London
    good stadium & fan base,

Impossible to ignore them, however, as they have a finger in every pie.

And as for us being in the top 20 teams to manage ... well, sadly, yes in 2006 but now we are not even in the top 75 as a result of all the regime have done. Look at how desperate we have become to find someone - anyone - willing to take charge.
  • mogodon said:

I don;t know why some of you scoff at he amount of managers who WILL actually want the job as we are probably one of the top 20 teams in this country to manage (excluding the top half a dozen in the Premiership)

We are based in London
    good stadium & fan base,

Impossible to ignore them, however, as they have a finger in every pie.

And as for us being in the top 20 teams to manage ... well, sadly, yes in 2006 but now we are not even in the top 75 as a result of all the regime have done. Look at how desperate we have become to find someone - anyone - willing to take charge.
    Be patient