Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins was at the last game....

Comments

• Henry Irving will confirm that we've both wanted Adkins for a number of years. I'd like him but I'd be disappointed if he took the job now as no-one in their right mind should want it unless they get certain assurances in writing, like Wilder wanted but didn't get, otherwise they will just be another notch on Roly's bed post in three months time. A phone call to Chris Powell or Russell Slade should tell them all they need to know.

Agree with above.

Past caring with these c**** so I hope they do bring in another nobody.

Yet there are STILL NUMEROUS fans who give these c**** a chance.

It's even gone past the support the team and not the regime motto.
    Blimey elfs losing 20 quid has given you the right hump
    A years drinking money, of course I'm not happy!
  • edited November 2016

Henry Irving will confirm that we've both wanted Adkins for a number of years. I'd like him but I'd be disappointed if he took the job now as no-one in their right mind should want it unless they get certain assurances in writing, like Wilder wanted but didn't get, otherwise they will just be another notch on Roly's bed post in three months time. A phone call to Chris Powell or Russell Slade should tell them all they need to know.

Agree with above.

Past caring with these c**** so I hope they do bring in another nobody.

Yet there are STILL NUMEROUS fans who give these c**** a chance.

It's even gone past the support the team and not the regime motto.
    Blimey elfs losing 20 quid has given you the right hump
    Agreed. He really is stressing himself out. I suggest he keeps the £20 and buys himself a few light ales. Let's be honest, it's no different to me subsidising his boozing anyway :smiley:
  • Richard J said:

I have seen Peter Taylor at three games this season .

Probably scouting for someone .

He is.
  • Jim Davidson has been at every home game this season.
  • Adkins is shit negative boring football just like slade ffs. Side wards step.

The one big difference though is he has a few promotions on his CV.
    I'll bet you £20 he does not get the job.
  • edited November 2016

Adkins is shit negative boring football just like slade ffs. Side wards step.

The one big difference though is he has a few promotions on his CV.
    I'll bet you £20 he does not get the job.
    I'll have to pass on that one.
  • Adkins or Coppell for me. Both have had past success in getting promoted from this league.

Steve Coppell! He hasn't manager for for about 10 years.
  • edited November 2016

Adkins or Coppell for me. Both have had past success in getting promoted from this league.

Believe he's just reached 400 wins in managerial football , currently out in India
  • Adkins or Coppell for me. Both have had past success in getting promoted from this league.

Palarce cnut
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

Adkins or Coppell for me. Both have had past success in getting promoted from this league.

Believe he's just reached 400 games in managerial football , currently out in India
    Never knew that. If he's in India he'll have seen Roger Johnson from his time at FC Pune. That's our manager and captain sorted.
  • sammy391 said:

Believe he's just reached 400 games in managerial football , currently out in India
    Oh good, then he will have seen Roger Johnson play out there so he's already well briefed.

Palarce cnut
    I'd rather have a Belgian in charge!
  • sammy391 said:

Believe he's just reached 400 wins in managerial football , currently out in India
    Hopefully the prick stays out there.
  • sammy391 said:

You really are very very angry tonight elfs.
    Keep it up it makes me laugh
  • Not too sure about Atkins myself, not a great record since Southampton. Surely anyone could have got a league 1 team including Fonte, Llallana, Lambert, Scneiderlin & Oxlade promoted.
  • sammy391 said:

You really are very very angry tonight elfs.
    Keep it up it makes me laugh
    My wife says that!
  • We're only making plans for Nigel
    We only want what's best for him
    We're only making plans for Nigel
    Nigel just needs that helping hand
  • edited November 2016

Not too sure about Atkins myself, not a great record since Southampton. Surely anyone could have got a league 1 team including Fonte, Llallana, Lambert, Scneiderlin & Oxlade promoted.

I bet slade,Luzon, peters, fraeye and o'whatshisface couldn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Malky Mackay has been seen at the Valley. Does that mean he will be appointed?
    Adkins is an ex-Scunthorpe manager watching his old club seems to explain his presence at the Valley.

Mybad, I meant Steve Cotterill not Coppell!
  • Swisdom said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

Who told you that..

I was about 10 seats from him. 100% it was him

That also means you were seated near to Chris O Loughlin at the same game
    True, but he could kick me in the bollocks and I wouldn't know who he is

You would if he was shouting 'I'm effing Chris O'Louglin, recognise me now?'

I'm sure he wouldn't do that by the way it is a joke.
  • If Adkins was there as a contender for the job, then why in the very same week, was Meire going on the radio saying that Slade was the future, blah blah. I know she's stupid, but is she really that daft?
    Either it was pure coincidence that he was there shortly before Slade was sacked, or Meire is being undermined or kept out of the loop. If this is the case, then who was responsible for inviting Adkins?
  • I think that it has become abundantly clear, that RD has even less respect for KM than he does for the fans.

Clearly he is happy to pay her well, acting as his stooge in London, taking the majority of the flack whilst he goes about his business elsewhere.

This is as long as she play's along, and accepts that for all of the big calls (outside of pitchside sofa's), she will have no input whatsoever.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be that unhappy with Nigel Adkins, but clearly under the present ownership, a dream team of Guidiola and Jurgen Klopp, assisted by Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough, would be unable to break the malaise and cycle of doom that we are in!
  • Peter Taylor also there. but he seems to be there quite a bit...
  • cafc-west said:

Peter Taylor also there. but he seems to be there quite a bit...

I believe he is a scout, but I don't know who for. He is down quite a bit as he was last season.
  • Blimey no wonder why our home attendance figures are so inflated if we've been inviting every unemployed manager over the last few months
  • cafc-west said:

Peter Taylor also there. but he seems to be there quite a bit...

Currently assistant coach of New Zealand!

But UK based
  • If you are an out of work manager, CAFC is the place to be. You know a job comes up every few months so try and get your face known and do a bit of brown nosing.

You are bound to get a job sooner or later.