Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins was at the last game....

Comments

• The first, post-Roland Charlton manager was at the last game too.

Johnny Jackson.
  • steve evans is 1/10 to be named mansfield new boss so think we can rule him out.
  • He's back in the frame... https://t.co/GYVeqQ5r67

Cawley's tweeting it but it's only a link to the same article.

I'd welcome Adkins, though whether he'd work for the clowns in charge is another matter, but as we all know, Katrien can spin a good yarn.

He could also look upon it as a potential decent payday in the likely event he's sacked in three months!
  • if we get Adkins it will only be because dear old Katie has stamped her feet and cried down the phone to Uncle Roland that if he appoints Chris or Nobby the fans will be nasty to her so please, please, pretty please at least appoint another British manager.
  • Adkins is shit negative boring football just like slade ffs. Side wards step.
  • steve evans is 1/10 to be named mansfield new boss so think we can rule him out.

Thank god for that

Dont agree at all, Southampton played very good football under him.
  • Whoever takes the job is a dead man walking under Duchaletet
  • Gonna be Chris O'Laughable surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anybody seriously think this is a thing? It's O'Loughlin, nailed on dead cert. The only other even remotely possible choice is Nobby Vinegar, but it's O'Loughlin. Slade was a temporary stooge put in place because Duchebag was probably a bit worried about having his house burned down if he parachuted O'Loughlin in at the time, but is confident Slade's brief appointment has appeased the masses over the past couple of months. It's a waste of time anyone thinking otherwise.
  • robroy said:

Gonna be Chris O'Laughable surely.

Agreed... If they were going to search for a new man properly why not say in the Statement who was taking training today or state who'll be in caretaker charge for the match against Port Vale on Saturday.

The new man is already lined up, they just need to iron out details and sign the contract!!
  • Henry Irving will confirm that we've both wanted Adkins for a number of years. I'd like him but I'd be disappointed if he took the job now as no-one in their right mind should want it unless they get certain assurances in writing, like Wilder wanted but didn't get, otherwise they will just be another notch on Roly's bed post in three months time. A phone call to Chris Powell or Russell Slade should tell them all they need to know.

Agree with above.

Past caring with these c**** so I hope they do bring in another nobody.

Yet there are STILL NUMEROUS fans who give these c**** a chance.

It's even gone past the support the team and not the regime motto.
  • Does anybody seriously think this is a thing? It's O'Loughlin, nailed on dead cert. The only other even remotely possible choice is Nobby Vinegar, but it's O'Loughlin. Slade was a temporary stooge put in place because Duchebag was probably a bit worried about having his house burned down if he parachuted O'Loughlin in at the time, but is confident Slade's brief appointment has appeased the masses over the past couple of months. It's a waste of time anyone thinking otherwise.

After we gatecrashed his birthday party I reckon he'll tell squirrel face to f*** off and he's bringing in who he wants.

Who would you like to see that has some capability and realistically would take the job? I'm sure the list of outstanding candidates who are desperate to take on the role is more than a little thin.
  • Adkins or Coppell for me. Both have had past success in getting promoted from this league.

Perhaps we should see if Conte or Guardiola are interested?

FFS we're in the bottom half of league one with complete muppets for owners, who do you think we can attract?
  • You have to take Adkins over O'Loughlin. I'd like us to stay up as there's no guarantees when RD will go.

Perhaps we should see if Conte or Guardiola are interested?

FFS we're in the bottom half of league one with complete muppets for owners, who do you think we can attract?
    Pochettino?
  • Sponsored links:

• I have seen Peter Taylor at three games this season .

Probably scouting for someone .
  • Adkins or Coppell for me. Both have had past success in getting promoted from this league.

Coppell? Way too much Palace for my liking.
  • Adkins could double up as physio and save a bit of cash..

Yeah, successive promotions scoring 86 and 85 goals in consecutive seasons must've been dreadful for Saints fans.
  • I don't particularly care who the manager is at this stage as it's irrelevant but in fairness he got promoted with Jose Fonte, Morgan Schneiderlin, Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert. He'd be alright and a slight improvement maybe? Can't get much more enthused about it than that.

The one big difference though is he has a few promotions on his CV.
  • Not too keen on Atkins. Didn't do much at Blades but Wilder has them as title contenders with few additions to squad.
  • Not too keen on Atkins. Didn't do much at Blades but Wilder has them as title contenders with few additions to squad.

:wink:
  • In all honesty can we fairly evaluate any manager given our regime?

They effectively 'manage' with one hand tied behind their backs. Not allowed to play Tex allegedly, cotton wool for Lookman and Konsa to preserve value for January etc etc.

Curbs wouldn't put up with it!
  • Henry Irving will confirm that we've both wanted Adkins for a number of years. I'd like him but I'd be disappointed if he took the job now as no-one in their right mind should want it unless they get certain assurances in writing, like Wilder wanted but didn't get, otherwise they will just be another notch on Roly's bed post in three months time. A phone call to Chris Powell or Russell Slade should tell them all they need to know.

Agree with above.

Past caring with these c**** so I hope they do bring in another nobody.

Yet there are STILL NUMEROUS fans who give these c**** a chance.

It's even gone past the support the team and not the regime motto.
    Blimey elfs losing 20 quid has given you the right hump