Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins was at the last game....

Comments

• Let's cling on to any crumb of hope Swis!
  • would not be any worse than Slade. Poor with Sheffield United and Reading though
  • Surely he was at the last home game because we were playing Scunthorpe, a team he spent years at.
  • and the Springbok was at the previous game.
  • No chance of Atkins - it will be some tosser from the network so that RD/KM can interfere with the team selection.
  • I'm currently linked with the managers job. I once eat a waffle and thought about Belgium.
  • STOP IT!!!!

Too many interesting threads, two on protests in Belgium, Slade sacking, North Korea in valients now Adkins..... I can't keep with it all :(

So true. Might get the slow train in tomorrow
  • I would class anyone that takes us on as completely brainless.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm currently linked with the managers job. I once eat a waffle and thought about Belgium.

I have several bottles of Belgian beer in my fridge. Does that qualify?
  • Who told you that..
  • Who told you that..

Tony probably while looking over the training ground begging for work
  • Essex_Al said:

Let's cling on to any crumb of hope Swis!

I have been missing your posts since I cannot get on ITTV any more.

Are you going to come out with any pearls of wisdom about Mr O'Loughlin?
  • Best choice for Charlton
    been a fan since he was a kid
    Chris Powell is his favourite player
    Hopes to emulate the feats of curbishley
    Never told a lie
  • He was rumoured before wasnt he?

Everytime I hear his name I remember his impromptu recital of "The Man in The Glass"; if that wasnt him then I don't really have any feelings attached to the bloke!
  • Who told you that..

I was about 10 seats from him. 100% it was him

• Swisdom said:

Who told you that..

That also means you were seated near to Chris O Loughlin at the same game
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Who told you that..

The picture was widely posted. I think GJ was insinuating who told you to post that.

Personally I'd lose respect for anyone that wants the job with our club in its current condition

• It's all academic but I'd chose Adkins over CoL all day long. In fact, id appoint Adkins' nan over CoL.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

Who told you that..

That also means you were seated near to Chris O Loughlin at the same game
    True, but he could kick me in the bollocks and I wouldn't know who he is

• Essex_Al said:

Ah bless, I knew you were missing me!

If you look back at my posts when Slade was hired, I didn't think he was the right man for the job, but I was prepared to give him a chance. When he first came in he changed a few things in the positive and spoke pretty well on the way forward for the club. Unfortunately for him the stat of only winning 5 games in 21 and the abysmal performance of last Saturday has got him the sack. On reflection, I think that is right and it at least gives the new manager time to assess the team before the transfer window.

I sincerely hope they do not go back to there old ways and appoint O'Loughlin, the message from the club last night was that they wanted to maximise every opportunity to return to the Championship this season. Let's see what they do next shall we!
  • edited November 2016
    If he changes his name to Zook Van Der Plop and effects a Steve McClaren accent maybe... I suspect the next custodian of the poison chalice will be one of Roland's continental minions!
  • Said it in pre-season that we should have gone for Adkins over Slade.

Why we opted for the latter i don't know and it proved to be the wrong choice - Stating you want to go back up straight away yet over looking a manager who has won the league before for a manager who has never been promoted... why?

Adkins would be my support straight away, Chris O'loughin would not.
  • edited November 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Ah bless, I knew you were missing me!

If you look back at my posts when Slade was hired, I didn't think he was the right man for the job, but I was prepared to give him a chance. When he first came in he changed a few things in the positive and spoke pretty well on the way forward for the club. Unfortunately for him the stat of only winning 5 games in 21 and the abysmal performance of last Saturday has got him the sack. On reflection, I think that is right and it at least gives the new manager time to assess the team before the transfer window.

I sincerely hope they do not go back to there old ways and appoint O'Loughlin, the message from the club last night was that they wanted to maximise every opportunity to return to the Championship this season. Let's see what they do next shall we!
    Wake up amigo ffs!

Make the most of that beer I bought in Gillingham. I'm down £20 to Otto so it's back to poncing for a while.