Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Slade the Worst Manager Charlton have had?

13»

Comments

• edited November 2016
    I disagree - Peeters was a far worse sacking. He was much better manager than Slade but wasn't backed by the owner. Riga not being renewed was even poorer although technically not a sacking. Powell was a terrible sacking - the coward could have had a look how he did with a bit of support. Slade is actually a decent sacking, but he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place so I don't think much praise should go the owner's way for it!
  • I disagree - Peeters was a far worse sacking. He was a far better manager than Slade but wasn't backed by the owner. Riga not being renewed was even poorer although technically not a sacking. Powell was a terrible sacking - teh coward could have had a look how he did with a bit of support. Slade is actually a decent sacking, but he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place so I don't think much praise should go the owner's way for it!

Yeah but at least they were sacked and it happened instantly on the OS etc. despite being out of the blue.

At the moment I wouldnt be surprised if the Statement says that Russell Slade has disappeared down a black hole and is regrettably being replaced!!
  • Can mods change thread title to "was"
  • I disagree - Peeters was a far worse sacking. He was a far better manager than Slade but wasn't backed by the owner. Riga not being renewed was even poorer although technically not a sacking. Powell was a terrible sacking - teh coward could have had a look how he did with a bit of support. Slade is actually a decent sacking, but he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place so I don't think much praise should go the owner's way for it!

Yeah but at least they were sacked and it happened instantly on the OS etc. despite being out of the blue.

At the moment I wouldnt be surprised if the Statement says that Russell Slade has disappeared down a black hole and is regrettably being replaced!!
    That would need to be some hole!!
  • Not if he tried the 'drink me' potion rather than the 'eat me' cake.
  • LenGlover said:

Slade isn't a manager in the accepted sense of the word so unfair to judge him as such.

When you consider both autonomy and resources made available to him my view is that Alan Pardew is Charlton's worse manager since I started supporting in 1963.

I wouldn't say pardew is our worse manager but he is the one i hate the most
    Even without his involvement here, Pardew is just the classic man that everyone loves to hate.
  • Cue dancing.