Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sky's commentators today

Comments

• RedChaser said:

Apparently there was a lingering shot of my brother and I just after the second goal went in saying something like 'and these fans are the bedrock of this great club' or some other nonsense - I'm just hoping I wasn't stuffing in a chicken and balti pie at the time although that was the highlight of the day.

Was it you making the wanker sign?
    I've led a sheltered life, what's one of those then? :open_mouth:
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    2 tsp finely grated ginger
    2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp ground coriander
    ½ tsp chilli powder
    ½ tsp ground turmeric
    3 tsp garam masala
    4 cardamom pods
    1 kg chicken thigh fillet, cut into 3 cm pieces
    2 tbsp tomato paste
    1 long green chilli, finely chopped
    10 curry leaves (see Note)
    375 ml (1½ cups) chicken stock
    1 tbsp plain flour
    6 sheets puff pastry
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 tsp nigella seeds
    You omitted the salt and pepper job :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

Apparently there was a lingering shot of my brother and I just after the second goal went in saying something like 'and these fans are the bedrock of this great club' or some other nonsense - I'm just hoping I wasn't stuffing in a chicken and balti pie at the time although that was the highlight of the day.

Was it you making the wanker sign?
    I've led a sheltered life, what's one of those then? :open_mouth:
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    2 tsp finely grated ginger
    2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp ground coriander
    ½ tsp chilli powder
    ½ tsp ground turmeric
    3 tsp garam masala
    4 cardamom pods
    1 kg chicken thigh fillet, cut into 3 cm pieces
    2 tbsp tomato paste
    1 long green chilli, finely chopped
    10 curry leaves (see Note)
    375 ml (1½ cups) chicken stock
    1 tbsp plain flour
    6 sheets puff pastry
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 tsp nigella seeds
    I use only 3 cardamom pods
  • Apparently there was a lingering shot of my brother and I just after the second goal went in saying something like 'and these fans are the bedrock of this great club' or some other nonsense - I'm just hoping I wasn't stuffing in a chicken and balti pie at the time although that was the highlight of the day.

You were. And you spilt half of it all down your t-shirt!! Everyone on here saw it, how bad do you feel!!!
  • stonemuse said:

So she gets a PR 'win' today ....never mind, the next one will be ours.

If that was a PR win I dread to think what a defeat might look like!

TBF, Sky showed a clip of protests in the build-up. They didn't have to do that. The club is entitled to brief Sky; CARD has done the same thing in the past. It's up to them how the respond.
    Just out of interest, why are the club entitled to brief sky? Why should the club ask for the commentator to mention 34 fans meetings as the camera zoomed in on Katrien? Likewise, why should card ask to mention Roland's incompetence as beach balls are thrown onto the pitch? The amount sky charge, shouldnt they research both sides of the argument and report accordingly? This is a dig at sky and not anyone else.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one to have picked up on Sky's indirect digs at the fans. The Murdoch empire once again picking on the anti establishment.
  • At the end of last season the sky commentators were very understanding and pro our demonstrations.

Did anyone notice that today they made it out to be the fans fault and suggested they hinder the team? Also 34 fans meetings? Or was that the combined total of fans at the meetings

Holloway has been pro previously and very negative today

I wonder if the club Briefed sky before hand.

Holloway is a p***** knob, his views don't count.
  • Apparently there was a lingering shot of my brother and I just after the second goal went in saying something like 'and these fans are the bedrock of this great club' or some other nonsense - I'm just hoping I wasn't stuffing in a chicken and balti pie at the time although that was the highlight of the day.

You were. And you spilt half of it all down your t-shirt!! Everyone on here saw it, how bad do you feel!!!
    Yes I've been kicking the remnants of the pie off my t shirt this morning

Yes I've been kicking the remnants of the pie off my t shirt this morning
    That was supposed to read 'licking' but I like 'kicking' so I'll leave it
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrew said:

Straight after letting in the 2nd goal Charlton get a corner, a time when you need your supporters 100% behind you, an extra man so to speak, and the supporters were singing ' just sell the club'. Demonstrating exactly what the pundits were on about.

No, the commentators said that it doesn't help charlton players when there is an anti charlton song after we score. You have mentioned a different scenario of supporters chanting when we concede. After putting in a pathetic display, 2 down, what supporters in the country would be 100% behind the team? Nice try though katrien
  • Shrew said:

Straight after letting in the 2nd goal Charlton get a corner, a time when you need your supporters 100% behind you, an extra man so to speak, and the supporters were singing ' just sell the club'. Demonstrating exactly what the pundits were on about.

I think you know Shrew that a corner for Charlton these days does not generate much hope or excitement.
  • The players got paid for yesterday. Those fans at Swindon yesterday will have shelled out £50 plus. That gives them the right to express themselves however they want. I love this football club, but if I had been there I too would have been singing 'just sell the club'.

Exactly.

Because it's the order of the day. It's how people feel.

The fans just want the owner to sell the club....because it's what they want.

Why pretend otherwise?

Where 2-0 down and having a moan....because the whole thing is just so hopeless - whatever the scoreline.

Sadly, that's even if we were 4-0 up.

It's just if/when your winning a football match, it's a lot harder to express that you still, are not happy with the club, with the football, at all.
  • Shrew said:

I doubt the players can differentiate between just sell the Club and any other song. For all they know we could be singing VFR.

Remember the Sheffield Wednesday game last year. There was the pre match protest, the players said they heard the singing from the dressing room and it spurred them on.
  • About to discuss fans protest on Sunday Supplement on SS1 NOW.
  • edited November 2016

Shrew said:

I doubt the players can differentiate between just sell the Club and any other song. For all they know we could be singing VFR.

Remember the Sheffield Wednesday game last year. There was the pre match protest, the players said they heard the singing from the dressing room and it spurred them on.
    Agreed. The players probably recognise the we want Roland out chant by now because of the volume it's sung, all other songs should be background noise. If I'm sitting at my desk working and the guy next to me is on the phone, I hear noise but not words as I'm focusing on my work.

If our supporters are singing anti Roland songs when we have a corner, the players should be focusing on finding space and not the words of the song
  • Shrew said:

I think you know Shrew that a corner for Charlton these days does not generate much hope or excitement.
    Strangely enough, no matter how many fluked corners I've watched Charlton play, and earlier this season saw us concede a goal from our own corner, I'm still strangely optimistic and wanting to will the ball into the net every time we get one.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016
    rikofold said:

Shrew said:

You're spot on. 2-0 down to a team in the relegation zone and the fans have the temerity not to celebrate it. No wonder we lost 3-0 and didn't go on to score 7.

They were probably to.blame for the 3-0 win over coventry as well, singing Roland Out when a goal went in.

Fork me we've got some plums.
  • Shrew said:

Presume you didn't go to lend the support the players need to score then?
  • Shrew said:

Glad you're able to see the bigger picture here.

• Shrew said:

Presume you didn't go to lend the support the players need to score then?
    nope, I was working in Glasgow all week and needed to touch base at home with my family in Shropshire, next match Bradford Away.

• Shrew said:

Pig demo v Coventry we win 3-0.

No demo at Swindon we lose 3-0.

I understand what you're saying, but the facts don't bear it out.
    No protest against Shrewsbury or Walsall either though?
  • Shrew said:

On that basis, none against bury, Rochdale, Swindon or wimbledon
  • edited November 2016
    regarding the singing id drop to the conference to get rid of this shower of shit, nothing will ever change all the time roland owns us, useless manager after useless manager, sub standard players and always doing the bare minimum - just wont cut it in this league.
  • Shrew said:

On that basis, none against bury, Rochdale, Swindon or wimbledon
    Exactly... Proof that the protests have no effect on the squad / result regardless if we win or lose
  • Shrew said:

Go often or just sit in your rocking chair admiring the Belgique interpretation of success from afar? I note it's Shrew as opposed to Shrewd!!