Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sky's commentators today

At the end of last season the sky commentators were very understanding and pro our demonstrations.

Did anyone notice that today they made it out to be the fans fault and suggested they hinder the team? Also 34 fans meetings? Or was that the combined total of fans at the meetings

Holloway has been pro previously and very negative today

I wonder if the club Briefed sky before hand.

Comments

• At the end of last season the sky commentators were very understanding and pro our demonstrations.

Did anyone notice that today they made it out to be the fans fault and suggested they hinder the team? Also 34 fans meetings? Or was that the combined total of fans at the meetings

Holloway has been pro previously and very negative today

I wonder if the club Briefed sky before hand hand.

They did
  • Definitely as i doubt the commentator made up the '34 fan meetings', he was obviously informed about it.
  • The "charlton score, the supporters cheer then sing Roland out must upset the players" comment that got me. Charlton need the sky money more than sky need to show league 1 crap. Shame sky didn't have the balls to tell them to do one
  • Holloway actually mocked the fans with a silly voice. For a man that's been so controversial throughout his career you'd think he'd look a little bit closer into it. Prick.

He was on our side after the Middlesbrough game. They were definitely told to be pro club. Hopefully sky won't have a vacancy for Holloway in 3 months when qpr sack him
  • Prutton said at the beginning the atmosphere didn't help the players. Wonder if the 13 that appeared todaycwill use that excuse
  • edited November 2016
    We probably won't be on sky for another year hopefully by then Roland will have fked off
  • At least they specifically said at one point the protesting chants weren't about the results, but they did come across as biased reading from a "fact" sheet. (And that ladies and gentleman is about the closest to a positive you will ever hear me say about Sky sports. I feel dirty.)
    I doubt the presenters are actually intelligent enough, nor care enough, to take the time to form their own opinion on anything, especially non big club related.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has she included the meeting with the young fan around the time of the fans Woolwich meeting?
  • Most of the commentators they put on for these matches are pretty thick to be fair.

I mean Holloway, what a joke, can't believe QPR are taking him back hahahahaha they deserve each other.
  • Clearly had a script to read when the camera went on Meire
  • So she gets a PR 'win' today ....never mind, the next one will be ours.
  • stonemuse said:

So she gets a PR 'win' today ....never mind, the next one will be ours.

Already happening if the Roly snippet is anything to go by...
  • That's what you get when 34 fan groups agree to meet and listen to their drivel.
    Leave them to it - they are not really interested in fans' views, they just do their own thing anyway.
  • It seemed to me that the commentators were just bemused at how bad we were .. and of course they made great play of the probability of the 'new manager bounce' as regards Sherwood (yes I know he's 'director of football') ..

hopefully we'll have a new manager and a bit of n m bounce VERY soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you mean the commentary or the punditry? Because the pundits were poor but I thought the commentators showed at least a little understanding as they made a point of saying that the fans need more than just results. As opposed to Danny Murphy's ridiculous answer of 'results' when asked what would make the fans happy.
  • Who was the commentator?
  • Can't remember the exact wording but;
    "Fans continue protesting against the absent Roland" followed by "he has, of course invested £38million into the club"
    That pissed me off.
  • Can't remember the exact wording but;
    "Fans continue protesting against the absent Roland" followed by "he has, of course invested £38million into the club"
    That pissed me off.

And me. Let's hope it pissed off Roland then he might just sell.

Please God
  • Apparently there was a lingering shot of my brother and I just after the second goal went in saying something like 'and these fans are the bedrock of this great club' or some other nonsense - I'm just hoping I wasn't stuffing in a chicken and balti pie at the time although that was the highlight of the day.

Was it you making the wanker sign?
    I've led a sheltered life, what's one of those then? :open_mouth: