Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien Meires 34 Fan Meetings

13»

Comments

• They also said Duchatelet has 'invested £38m' into the club. Simply not true, he's loaded us with that debt.

Also, shouldn't any self respecting journalist or broadcaster ask why we're in the bottom half of League One and getting spanked by Swindon because we can barely field a team if that much has been invested.

I'd like to think that any "self respecting journalist" with a modicum of integrity would consider the source of their facts, and whether or not they can verify them.

Let's face it, if CARD emailed Sky Sports tomorrow and said "Last night Charlton Athletic CEO, Katrien Meire, was seen smearing faeces over the car door handles of several of our members." - you would expect Sky to think "Yeah, well you would say that.. Can we talk to the members or see some proof?". It's the same.

Perhaps a closer analogy is a journalist covering a court case, who upon hearing the defendant say "Nah, I like totally didn't do it because I was like.. totally not there." then writes a headline "Innocent defendant was totally not there.". It's ludicrous.

If you're reporting on a subject, or making statements about the subject on air via a neutral medium, the only real duty you have is to make sure you're stating the facts.. right?
  • edited November 2016
    LuckyReds said:

They also said Duchatelet has 'invested £38m' into the club. Simply not true, he's loaded us with that debt.

Also, shouldn't any self respecting journalist or broadcaster ask why we're in the bottom half of League One and getting spanked by Swindon because we can barely field a team if that much has been invested.

I'd like to think that any "self respecting journalist" with a modicum of integrity would consider the source of their facts, and whether or not they can verify them.

Let's face it, if CARD emailed Sky Sports tomorrow and said "Last night Charlton Athletic CEO, Katrien Meire, was seen smearing faeces over the car door handles of several of our members." - you would expect Sky to think "Yeah, well you would say that.. Can we talk to the members or see some proof?". It's the same.

Perhaps a closer analogy is a journalist covering a court case, who upon hearing the defendant say "Nah, I like totally didn't do it because I was like.. totally not there." then writes a headline "Innocent defendant was totally not there.". It's ludicrous.

If you're reporting on a subject, or making statements about the subject on air via a neutral medium, the only real duty you have is to make sure you're stating the facts.. right?
    I would be inclined to agree with you, but for the fact that, in this case, the Sky people don't see themselves as journalists - they are providing live football as entertainment (and, oh, what a sumptuous feast of footballing skills yesterday was), if a newsworthy story breaks out, they might attempt to give some context, but mostly they're glorified continuity announcers.

Mind you, they'd still be more incisive journalists than Nicky Campbell.
  • Stig said:

Unsuccessful Meetings

Spot on! Meetings for the sake of meetings produces nothing.
  • Stig said:

Unsuccessful Meetings

Certainly a weird thing to brag about or purposely try and let it be known.

Desperation.

She's absolutely on the losing side of all of this.

• I read it as Katrien Meires 34F.

I know she's a tit, but she's not that big.
  • edited November 2016
    Trying to justify her role by "counting" the number of her meetings with fans. Surely it is more relevant to talk about the positive "outcomes" of those meetings?
    She is clutching at straws and proves how ineffectual she is.
    Totally unsuited for any managerial position and a huge embarrassment to our club.
    Please go.
  • stonemuse said:

Stig said:

Unsuccessful Meetings

34 meetings, zero outcome
    I'm sure we can use this 'fact' somewhere to demonstrate how ineffectual she has been.
  • I read it as Katrien Meires 34F.

I know she's a tit, but she's not that big.

Whatever size, the squirrel does have a decent set.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't surprise me if she's including Valley Gold committee meetings too.

Can she count ones she's turned up late for?
  • Thomas Sowell
    “People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything.”
  • I don't count Sky as a normal media outlet as they pretty much "own" football.
  • Exactly. What experience have of these 'pundits' had of running a club.
    Probably less than our darling squirrel.

• Wouldn't it be great if they interviewed one of our players who then had a rant about what a shambles the club is and who is responsible.
  • Its the accent, what she really said was 3 to 4 meetings and Sky heard threety4 . Followed by invested rather than loaned and Belgium is the most successful country in the world!
  • Suspect she could rightfully claim to have had 34 meetings with potential managers by the end of this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who is it on a Saturday before the game?
  • Meires new idea for Valley gold. Instead of winning miney you get to choose the squad the following week and instead of the sofa you can sit in the dugout
  • Wonder if the PR Team can count how many job interviews she's done