Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite moment under the RD regime

13»

Comments

• cabbles said:

I should have written @cabblos corner.

you said this should be drawn to a close!
    You're right. I apologise.

I am weak and I must become stronger.
  • CHG said:

The outlandish claim that we have improved our ranking with every decision, it is right up there with "North Korea's late leader Kim Jong-il opened Pyongyang golf complex in 1987. It is claimed he shot 11 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at the sport."

Ha ha, I am sure that he made 900* batting and took a load of wickets on his cricket debut, he is some sportsmen, I guess some people are just born with it!

Admittedly his cricket debut was against the NK Dons u11 team who had been instructed to bowl underarm dollies and to nick the ball to a fielder if the bowling was off wicket and to let it go on if it was in wicket.
  • Definitely the last minute winner against QPR, where it felt that despite all the weird nonsense going on with the club there was still enough of the Chris Powell, Johnnie Jackson, Chris Solly identity to get us through. Poyet was coming through, Ajdarevic put the corner in for the goal, there were green shoots amongst all the Yohann Thuram, Loic Nego, selling Yann misery.

Lowest point has to be just really thinking about it; we'll never be at that stage again. Like Yann said, it's been wasted. There will never be another point where we get to share a moment like that with one of the most universally loved club legends at the helm. We've lost the goodwill and momentum of that L1 winning team full of big personalities and players who bought into the Charlton mindset and always gave 100%. That period was so full of optimism and the fact it was so brief before everything became worse than it's ever been is particularly cruel.

I've made myself sad.

As for the highlight, got to be lepoint getting into the box, somehow stumbling all over the place and accidently setting up Jordan cousins to score.

Go to be the worst assist in Football league history?
    I well remember plenty of posters on here claiming that it was deliberate.
  • The faces of the stewards who were in place to keep Charlton fans off the pitch at the end of the Burnley game, when they turned around and realised there were already 3000 on the pitch behind them after coming out of the other three sides of the ground. The muppets stood in position for another five minutes and looked clueless while some of those already on the pitch had a go at pulling down the net behind them.
  • That moment was given added amusement by the massive police lines trotting down in front of the west stand before lining up in front of the covered end.

Leaving no police and a thin line of blue stewards at he front of Jimmy Seed who manages about a minute before they opened the gates and let everyone through.
  • edited November 2016
    Best moment will be when i wake up and look at 3blokes posts and he's not finishing
    OH FEcK
  • Standing on the pitch at the Burnley match last season as the remnants of that effin sofa fell around me like snow, whilst thinking how different things were a few seasons before when we won League 1.
    I'm not afraid to admit that I nearly cried at how things had changed so much in so little time.....