Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite moment under the RD regime

Comments

• Definitely the last minute winner against QPR, where it felt that despite all the weird nonsense going on with the club there was still enough of the Chris Powell, Johnnie Jackson, Chris Solly identity to get us through. Poyet was coming through, Ajdarevic put the corner in for the goal, there were green shoots amongst all the Yohann Thuram, Loic Nego, selling Yann misery.

Lowest point has to be just really thinking about it; we'll never be at that stage again. Like Yann said, it's been wasted. There will never be another point where we get to share a moment like that with one of the most universally loved club legends at the helm. We've lost the goodwill and momentum of that L1 winning team full of big personalities and players who bought into the Charlton mindset and always gave 100%. That period was so full of optimism and the fact it was so brief before everything became worse than it's ever been is particularly cruel.

I've made myself sad.

I found myself watching the 2010/11 highlights video with a bit of fondness, even Pawel Abbott gave me more joy than Roland, Polish Pete and Thuram.

As for the highlight, got to be lepoint getting into the box, somehow stumbling all over the place and accidently setting up Jordan cousins to score.

Go to be the worst assist in Football league history?
  • Watford away, pretending to score a goal, sums it all up for me, but first game under new owners will be pretty special.
  • The brewery.
  • Watford away, pretending to score a goal, sums it all up for me, but first game under new owners will be pretty special.

Goodbye Roland Duchatelet;
    Hello Kim Jong-un.
  • The day he sells up. And the day she leaves her position at the club as CEO
  • edited November 2016
    The one minute after he took over until I realised he was bad news
  • Luzon dad dancing to Eurythmics.
  • KM showing off her PowerPoint skills. I miss those filmed meetings. And the "each manager better than the last, proved to be the correct decision" comment. Priceless.
  • Going to Highbury and getting a result 2-2.also sitting in dug out that day with the other half,my 92nd.

opps that Fleetwood not the London one........well i can dream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely the last minute winner against QPR, where it felt that despite all the weird nonsense going on with the club there was still enough of the Chris Powell, Johnnie Jackson, Chris Solly identity to get us through. Poyet was coming through, Ajdarevic put the corner in for the goal, there were green shoots amongst all the Yohann Thuram, Loic Nego, selling Yann misery.

Lowest point has to be just really thinking about it; we'll never be at that stage again. Like Yann said, it's been wasted. There will never be another point where we get to share a moment like that with one of the most universally loved club legends at the helm. We've lost the goodwill and momentum of that L1 winning team full of big personalities and players who bought into the Charlton mindset and always gave 100%. That period was so full of optimism and the fact it was so brief before everything became worse than it's ever been is particularly cruel.

I've made myself sad.

I found myself watching the 2010/11 highlights video with a bit of fondness, even Pawel Abbott gave me more joy than Roland, Polish Pete and Thuram.

As for the highlight, got to be lepoint getting into the box, somehow stumbling all over the place and accidently setting up Jordan cousins to score.

Go to be the worst assist in Football league history?
    https://youtu.be/AI0FeL2O5ww
  • Cabellos corner?

Lookman corners??
  • I should have written @cabblos corner.

• QPR then up to Sheffield Weds in the space of 3 days. Was actually excited enough to push the Yann/Thuram niggles to the back of my mind at the final whistles of those.
  • Game attended, the beach balls.

Game not attended, the liar bedsheet.

The two stars holding up that bedsheet should never have to buy a beer again on a matchday.

The two stars holding up that bedsheet should never have to buy a beer again on a matchday.

Agreed. What's your excuse? :smiley:
  • Going to Highbury and getting a result 2-2.also sitting in dug out that day with the other half,my 92nd.

opps that Fleetwood not the London one........well i can dream.

Wow, 92... other halves. **Doffs cap**
  • edited November 2016
    My favourites were the stoppage time winners against QPR and Hull:

QPR for lots of reasons - it still seemed like our club, Chris Powell was still manager, it was a battling win against a side that (somehow) got promoted, a rare visit to the Valley at that time as we lived overseas, my son's first ever Charlton win (!), we won despite Thuram and Reza, we went absolutely mental when JJ scored. What a day.

Hull mainly because I was still deluded that we may have a decent team, even under this ownership - in fact it turned out to be the last moment of hope under RD. Odd to think this was little over a year ago, seems like an age.

Worst moment - unfortunately this may still lie in the future as the events of each passing week seem to get worse and worse. Last weekend was a case in point - a late win was totally overshadowed by a combination of the TalkSport fallout, a dead and empty Valley, the fact we struggled to beat a bottom side, the unfolding drama re match thread/police investigations, the abuse of Holmes, the sniping amongst fans etc etc. Just sad.
  • The 1-0 smash and grab at Norwich, with Jacko getting the goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Still waiting for mine, the day he sells up!
  • The outlandish claim that we have improved our ranking with every decision, it is right up there with "North Korea's late leader Kim Jong-il opened Pyongyang golf complex in 1987. It is claimed he shot 11 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at the sport."
  • I should have written @cabblos corner.

you said this should be drawn to a close!
  • The outlandish claim that we have improved our ranking with every decision, it is right up there with "North Korea's late leader Kim Jong-il opened Pyongyang golf complex in 1987. It is claimed he shot 11 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at the sport."

Ha ha, I am sure that he made 900* batting and took a load of wickets on his cricket debut, he is some sportsmen, I guess some people are just born with it!

• CHG said:

The outlandish claim that we have improved our ranking with every decision, it is right up there with "North Korea's late leader Kim Jong-il opened Pyongyang golf complex in 1987. It is claimed he shot 11 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at the sport."

Ha ha, I am sure that he made 900* batting and took a load of wickets on his cricket debut, he is some sportsmen, I guess some people are just born with it!

Yes bowling leg spin as well. Such a rare talent. We could do with a decent leggie over here...
  • Liar banner. Well done for that.
  • CHG said:

The outlandish claim that we have improved our ranking with every decision, it is right up there with "North Korea's late leader Kim Jong-il opened Pyongyang golf complex in 1987. It is claimed he shot 11 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at the sport."

Yes bowling leg spin as well. Such a rare talent. We could do with a decent leggie over here...
    I'm not sure if discussions of your perverted needs, and getting your leg over is really appropriate.

Perhaps you have become confused with a different (special "interest") forum....

• edited November 2016
    Favourite moment (it's a bit Groundhog Day), that 3-5 second moment in the wee small hours of the morning when, on waking, I convince myself it's all just a bad dream (a la Dallas - not Stuart)...

And then I check CL.

Agreed. What's your excuse? :smiley:
    I made the bedsheet!