Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite moment under the RD regime

The liar banner pointing down to KM still shades it for me - the best of all will be when they finally go.

Comments

• The 5-0 drubbing away at Huddersfield...

Was keeping up to date at home on twitter yet cheered when the full time whistle went
  • The programme sellers
  • The winner v Hull
  • RDs drunked rant on the OS.

This all day long.
    And his shiny new PR guru resigning on pretty much the same day.
  • edited November 2016
    What have the Roland's ever done for us ?

1.A lovely green pitch where the Opposition can out pass us.

2.Tony "Magic feet" Watt's Cameo against Forest when he played keep ball.

3. The winner against Hull when the Entertaining Luzon went Ape and got sent to the stands.

4. Beach balls, coffins, stress balls, flying Pigs, Liar Banner, plane with banner, etc.

5. The Day He Goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Naby Sarr. All of it.

• Favourite moment ? Haven't had it yet, but it'll soon be here ....

the Philippino housemaid's on her way?
  • Not renewing my season ticket and staying away from the Valley, my fishing has improved a great deal.
  • Definitely the last minute winner against QPR, where it felt that despite all the weird nonsense going on with the club there was still enough of the Chris Powell, Johnnie Jackson, Chris Solly identity to get us through. Poyet was coming through, Ajdarevic put the corner in for the goal, there were green shoots amongst all the Yohann Thuram, Loic Nego, selling Yann misery.

Lowest point has to be just really thinking about it; we'll never be at that stage again. Like Yann said, it's been wasted. There will never be another point where we get to share a moment like that with one of the most universally loved club legends at the helm. We've lost the goodwill and momentum of that L1 winning team full of big personalities and players who bought into the Charlton mindset and always gave 100%. That period was so full of optimism and the fact it was so brief before everything became worse than it's ever been is particularly cruel.

I've made myself sad.

I wanted to like that post but doing so might have looked like I was glad you've just pissed yourself right off! I like what you've posted :wink:
  • edited November 2016
    It hasn't happened yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like a good mystery. I've spent many an hour trying to fathom out whats going on in RDs mind and where the 'match day experience' is hiding.
  • I have liked some of CARD's responses which have been perfectly judged in my view :+1:
    The Roland Rant was quite fun. The banner above KM was quite fun. Throwing stuff on the pitch was quite fun.
    But it was SO much more fun, when this club was being run like a proper football club.
    That was GREAT.
    Oh for those days back again....
  • Luzon's pitch-side antics
  • http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/charlton-athletic-apologise-over-using-incorrect-photo-during-graham-moore-tribute-a3179856.html

In a weird way the Graham Moore/Alan Campbell debacle was a "highlight", for the negative publicity it generated for the regime and the widespread attention it brought to what's going on here...
  • The day the takeover was confirmed - we had hope that we had a rich and ambitious owner that was going to take the club forward.
  • Mendoncas Wembley hatrick and beating Arsenal at Highbury.
  • Definitely the last minute winner against QPR, where it felt that despite all the weird nonsense going on with the club there was still enough of the Chris Powell, Johnnie Jackson, Chris Solly identity to get us through. Poyet was coming through, Ajdarevic put the corner in for the goal, there were green shoots amongst all the Yohann Thuram, Loic Nego, selling Yann misery.

Lowest point has to be just really thinking about it; we'll never be at that stage again. Like Yann said, it's been wasted. There will never be another point where we get to share a moment like that with one of the most universally loved club legends at the helm. We've lost the goodwill and momentum of that L1 winning team full of big personalities and players who bought into the Charlton mindset and always gave 100%. That period was so full of optimism and the fact it was so brief before everything became worse than it's ever been is particularly cruel.

I've made myself sad.

That's my favourite too. It really seems like ages ago.