Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon Game International Week

13»

Comments

• It's pretty rubbish for Sky as well, losing 2 of Charlton's main attacking players will hardly help the spectacle, I'm sure they'd like to have Lookman on display, seeing that he's just about the hottest property in L1

I doubt Sky care who's playing for either side, they're only showing our game to fill air time.
  • What i don''t get from the clubs point of you, given we knew we would be without Botaka, and Lookman for next week, why then take the risk of playing our only other creative midfielder in Holmes in the cup to save him from injury against Swindon.
    Logic would suggest to start with the players that were to go away on international duty rather than keep two of the three on the bench as we would hate to lose another player.

Just a thought.
  • What i don''t get from the clubs point of you, given we knew we would be without Botaka, and Lookman for next week, why then take the risk of playing our only other creative midfielder in Holmes in the cup to save him from injury against Swindon.
    Logic would suggest to start with the players that were to go away on international duty rather than keep two of the three on the bench as we would hate to lose another player.

Just a thought.

That is a good point.
  • edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
  • Has Sue Perks actually literally said this or is it someone's interpretation of what she's said ?

Just a thought.

Cut Slade some slack, he's fielded a team which has beat the league leaders and continued a bit of form. What happened to Holmes is unfortunate but I don't think resting a player the week before a game is the right thing to do. I remember Luzon resting a few players against Palace because of a game 4 days later and I weren't too happy about that.
  • Sponsored links:

Just a thought.

Cut Slade some slack, he's fielded a team which has beat the league leaders and continued a bit of form. What happened to Holmes is unfortunate but I don't think resting a player the week before a game is the right thing to do. I remember Luzon resting a few players against Palace because of a game 4 days later and I weren't too happy about that.
    Would you have seen Botaka and Lookman as weakening the team if they started the game ?

Its not about cutting people slack its about forward thinking.
  • Sure most people know but henryirving10 is that troll Nick Gray (not that that is even his real name) not me

@realhenryirving if you want to follow me on twitter.

And typical @WhenIwasLittleBoy moaning about the manager and the club again. Get behind the team and manager for once ; - )
  • The club have already said that as the game is on Sky we will not be looking to apply for it to be called off.

crap cakes
  • all ticket as well which seems odd
  • MrOneLung said:

TelMc32 said:

Only one real decision for this game for Roland...

...do I watch the game on my private feed, or switch to Sky Sports for the day. Huh? :wink:

Is the private feed even legal ?
    I wondered this too. I'm pretty sure that in her recent TalkSport interview, Meire said that all clubs get a live feed. Is this actually true, or is it another one from Daisy's Bedtime Book of Tall Stories?
  • Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

TelMc32 said:

Only one real decision for this game for Roland...

...do I watch the game on my private feed, or switch to Sky Sports for the day. Huh? :wink:

Is the private feed even legal ?
    I wondered this too. I'm pretty sure that in her recent TalkSport interview, Meire said that all clubs get a live feed. Is this actually true, or is it another one from Daisy's Bedtime Book of Tall Stories?
    The EFL do provide every club with a streaming service with a limited amount of logins.
  • sam3110 said:

Looks like we'll have to change the way we play for the game.

___________Rudd
    ____Bauer Konsa Pearce
    Solly___________________Fox
    __Ulvestad Crofts Jackson
    ________Ajose Novak

Phillips Foley Lennon Chicksen Charles-Cook Hanlan Ahearne-Grant

Or will we try to stick with a 442 with Foley and Jackson on the wings?

That looks like an absolute shocker of a team to me.

I'd play

---------------------Rudd-----------------------
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox

KAG. Ulvestad. Crofts. Hanlan/konsa

Ajose. Novak

Gives you Charles cook, Jackson and whichever of hanlan/konsa doesn't start off the bench.
  • edited November 2016
    Chaps, here's a brief lesson on how to centre your team lay outs:

(remove any spaces between the symbols)
    Use < center > at the start and </ center > at the end.

You'll get this

or
    Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Ahearne-Grant Ulvestad Crofts Chicksen
    Ajose Novak

Bench
    Philips
    Texeira
    Konsa
    Aribo
    Jackson