Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon Game International Week

Apologies if already been discussed, and I hope that I'm wrong. But doesn't this game fall on an international break? And on further notice I can see Lookman and Magennis have games but Botaka doesn't! Meaning we have to play it without those two?!?! The rule being if you have three in international call ups you can call it off.

Comments

• The club have already said that as the game is on Sky we will not be looking to apply for it to be called off.
  • edited November 2016
    Swindon could well be the game that Ajose comes good, scoring against his old club.
  • Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Holmes Ulvestad Crofts Botaka
    Ajose Novak

Phillips Chicksen Lennon Konsa Jackson Ahearne-Grant Hanlan

Or slide Jackson in for Novak and play 451. Only problem is in injuries really
  • The club have already said that as the game is on Sky we will not be looking to apply for it to be called off.

I think the club said it can't be called off as it is on Sky.

We might lose Crofts too (yes, I know, I know).
    So we are at a disadvantage because of sky. Who says the Football League runs the game...
  • If we lose Crofts too then play the 442 with Jackson and Ulvestad and have RCC on the bench
  • Regardless of whether the game is or isn't on sky, we can only call it off if 3 get called up can't we? And it'll likely only be 2. Crofts only got a late call up last time due to injuries but i think Ramsey and a couple of others are back for them now.
  • What idiot in the admin at CAFC agreed to Sky transmitting this game on an international weekend, another own goal for SMT
  • What idiot in the admin at CAFC agreed to Sky transmitting this game on an international weekend, another own goal for SMT

This may become an interesting question depending on actual call-ups, but it is Chris Parkes who is responsible for flagging the issues with Meire and Slade before a decision is taken.

AFAIK the visiting club doesn't get any of the fee at this level, so it's unlikely to be a financial decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm afraid this one can't be put on the regime. That's just how it works. We won't even get any money for it.

I didn't think that that the clubs have any choice, Sky says jump and the league asks "how high?"

This may become an interesting question depending on actual call-ups, but it is Chris Parkes who is responsible for flagging the issues with Meire and Slade before a decision is taken.

AFAIK the visiting club doesn't get any of the fee at this level, so it's unlikely to be a financial decision.
    So is it Rolly wants our players on TV or Slade did not want a build up of games in hand to play later.
  • No, it's Sky says Swindon vs Charlton is going to be on TV and the clubs have no say in the matter.

Not everything is their fault, there are rare occasions when it's just an unfortunate situation that the club cannot control.

The only thing we can do is ask the players to pull out of the international squads, but that has consequences for the players and only really works for friendly matches.
  • sam3110 said:

If we lose Crofts too then play the 442 with Jackson and Ulvestad and have RCC on the bench

If Crofts away I would rather we play Ba.
  • Apologies if already been discussed, and I hope that I'm wrong. But doesn't this game fall on an international break? And on further notice I can see Lookman and Magennis have games but Botaka doesn't! Meaning we have to play it without those two?!?! The rule being if you have three in international call ups you can call it off.

Botaka will also be away if called upon, DR Conga are away to Guinea 13th November.
  • I think we can safely say that Slade will have his instructions to play Konsa in this match. A bit more publicity for him before the January transfer window opens should help get his fee up a bit when he is sold.
  • I think we can safely say that Slade will have his instructions to play Konsa in this match. A bit more publicity for him before the January transfer window opens should help get his fee up a bit when he is sold.

You seriously think that any club with decent scouts doesn't already know about him?

I hardly think he needs a game on sky to make other clubs aware of him.

You seriously think that any club with decent scouts doesn't already know about him?

OK, maybe should have put a smiley face after my comment!

Of course, all the big clubs already know about him. But do you really trust trust those running the club not to do something like this in the hope they can get a few more bob when he is inevitably sold?
  • Sponsored links:

OK, maybe should have put a smiley face after my comment!

Of course, all the big clubs already know about him. But do you really trust trust those running the club not to do something like this in the hope they can get a few more bob when he is inevitably sold?
    when you factor in the fact that Roly wanted certain players in a tv game that cost CP his job.
  • Swindon have one Iraqi international, Yaser Kasim, who may also get called up.

I didn't think that that the clubs have any choice, Sky says jump and the league asks "how high?"
    I am sure that I have read somewhere recently that initially Sky ask the clubs and it is for the club to agree or not, but then just because I read it somewhere doesn't make it fact.
  • Swindon have one Iraqi international, Yaser Kasim, who may also get called up.

Easily their best player so let's hope so.
  • Only one real decision for this game for Roland...

...do I watch the game on my private feed, or switch to Sky Sports for the day. Huh? :wink:
  • Slade's judgement presumably. Fixture congestion (of sorts) versus relative significance of 2 players who actually aren't in the best of form according to some. No exposure on TV of any significance either given its a Third division game after all and more I think a contractural obligation for Sky.
  • TelMc32 said:

Only one real decision for this game for Roland...

...do I watch the game on my private feed, or switch to Sky Sports for the day. Huh? :wink:

Can't see him paying for Sky Sports if he won't even by himself a new pair of shoes without holes in :-)
  • Good news, Croft not picked for Wales (now take cover)!