Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match View: Charlton v Chesterfield

Comments

• Options

Sorry, what's the SMT I've seen references to?

Senior Management Team
  • Options
    Don't call them that it gives credibility to them they are not anywhere near a senior mgmt team

• Options
    Shitfest Managementship Twats ?
  • Options
    Went just because of the banner protest so my son could show his protest flag.
    Even with our poor play still should have won by three to four goals.Worst atmosphere ever experienced at the Valley. I wish to continue boycotting home games, but it must be said the protest movement is losing a voice with such low crowds- not sure what the answer is, as understand the aim is to deprive regime of income
    To cap a quite depressing experience got a load of abuse from a Charlton fan for our protest flag. Same guy then thought it was hard to swear at my son.
    Losing that Charlton feeling very quickly
  • Options

Small Minded Tossers
    Seriously Malevolent Transients
    Septic Mismanagement Theorists
    Searched My Trousers

Sorry, I can't say
  • Options

Fans moaning about lack of central midfield creativity need to recognise we can't have a midfield of Lookman, Holmes and two playmakers - we'd be run ragged through the centre.

Except nobody is asking for that. We have a series of defensive-minded central midfielders in Jackson, Crofts, Foley and Kashi. We also have a very strong defence. However, our slow, ponderous central midfield means that the ball comes out from the back, gets as far as centre mid and then gets pushed out wide to the wingers who have no out ball, or gets lumped up to Magennis via the stratosphere. With one creative central mid alongside the holding mid we could vary the way we play which would create space and a certain unpredictability, which would help the wingers be under less pressure, stop the ball coming back to the defence all the time and give Ajose some actual room to play off the shoulder
  • Options
    mogodon said:

What ought to worry us all is that in 18 months we might be looking back on now as something of a high, and this side as a decent one, and longing for League 1 football again as we go down 1-0 at home to Hartlepool in front of a crowd of 4000 to go into the bottom two of League 2

Cheer up, it'll never happen....

Hartlepool will get promoted this season.

It'll be Grimsby.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Rung my son as final whistle went and he said Holmes and Lookman were shit.By all accounts the boys at the bottom of the F Block gave Holmes the kick up the arse he needed, maybe our Manager should be doing that, and before all the retorts, stop being precious, look where we are with this squad, they all need a feckin good rocket up their arses.
  • Options
    Please don't call out people in bottom of F Block all good mates, and love the club to death, we are all entitled to our opinions whether you agree or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016

Senior management team allegedly
  • Options
    STUPID MANAGEMENT TEAM.
  • Options

Very dull.
    Why does Roland want the club?
    Does KM feel ashamed of what she has created?
    No atmosphere at all. Sad but I say after 55 years of solid support I see no point in traveling from Hertfordshire to watch my team.

Don't move to Norfolk mate! It's hard, trust me.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

It was boring unwatchable dross.
    Then some fat bloke scored for us and started cupping his ear at the covered end.

3 points is 3 points I suppose.

A packed Valley next Saturday no doubt.

Agree about Novak's goal celebration. Him cupping his ear to us pissed me off and reminded me of when Makienok played one good game all season at Rotherham last year and did the same.

Do the players really think we should be happy with watching the most dull football imaginable & being 4 points above relegation to league 2 without even having played the majority of better sides in this league yet (Millwall, Bradford, Sheff Utd, MK Dons etc).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As for the game, we deserved the win but were largely uninspiring. All very flat on and off the pitch

Holmes was easily man of the match, several decent crosses and plenty of pace and effort

Please take Lookman off corner taking duty, it's getting embarrassing

The Centre Backs were very solid today. For a team which doesn't concede many goals, we don't get enough clean sheets

Botaka definitely improved things when he came on. He's got the ability to cause L1 full backs nightmares. Lookman isn't a winger, he wants to play through the middle.
  • Options
    masicat said:

My day was made worse by the sight of my son doing the crossbar challenge and his effort bouncing along the floor.

He was still closer than most of our team today!
  • Options
    From much closer my son hit the crossbar a couple of times during training last week.

He did have a good chuckle at the effort today.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Halix said:

masicat said:

My day was made worse by the sight of my son doing the crossbar challenge and his effort bouncing along the floor.

No he wasn't ..
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    masicat said:

Halix said:

masicat said:

No he wasn't ..
    He did rather slink off like a salted snail didnt he! I believe the trick is to get into the mindset of Carl Leaburn and then nearly EVERY shot hits a post or crossbar.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Stupid Misguided Twats
  • Options
    edited October 2016

BR3red said:

Stupid Misguided Twats
    Suck My Testicles
  • Options
    Great report, @LenGlover , thanks