Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pigs

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016

seth plum said:

centurion said:

mogodon said:

Can someone make sure the Charlton Museum has a pig, a squidgy ball, a beach ball, and some stuffing from the sofa. It might not be able to be displayed now, but in years to come those items will stir fond memories in many.

Along with a transcript of Katrien telling porkies!
    'Porkies', see what you did there, clever.
    Did each flying pigs on the pitch also represent a Porkie that has come from the lips of Katrien Meire
    No mate there were only 3000 :wink: .
  • Options
    Well, what a co-incidence

On the origin of the expression 'pigs might fly'.

John Winthrop was an English Puritan who settled in Massachusetts in 1630 and recounted his story in The History of New England in America, which was transcribed from Winthrop's 17th century notes

In this year one James Everell, a sober, discreet man, and two others, saw a great light in the night at Muddy River. When it stood still, it flamed up, and was about three yards square; when it ran, it was contracted into the figure of a swine: it ran as swift as an arrow towards Charlton, and so up and down about two or three hours.

• Options

Definitely most enjoyable game this season. Great to have some decent entertainment. Thanks CARD.

As others have said, I'd welcome some more plastic animal initiatives, starting with -

1 Rats

2 Squirrels.

3 Testicles?
    Brilliant. Can you imagine the headlines ?

Charlton game delayed by 3,000 testicles !
  • Options

seth plum said:

centurion said:

mogodon said:

Can someone make sure the Charlton Museum has a pig, a squidgy ball, a beach ball, and some stuffing from the sofa. It might not be able to be displayed now, but in years to come those items will stir fond memories in many.

Along with a transcript of Katrien telling porkies!
    'Porkies', see what you did there, clever.
    Did each flying pigs on the pitch also represent a Porkie that has come from the lips of Katrien Meire
    Umm, maybe, this guy is six feet six.

• Options
    edited October 2016

Definitely most enjoyable game this season. Great to have some decent entertainment. Thanks CARD.

As others have said, I'd welcome some more plastic animal initiatives, starting with -

1 Rats

2 Squirrels.

3 Testicles?
    That must be a problem when you are defending a free kick ?
    I understand it's called polyorchidism.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I'm not sure if I understood the protest entirely correctly, but is it ok if I take the pig out of my pants now?

Adds new meaning to the well worn phrase, 'taking Percy to the porcelain'.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we get a discount on the £522 price if bought in bulk?
  • Options

IdleHans said:

I'm not sure if I understood the protest entirely correctly, but is it ok if I take the pig out of my pants now?

Adds new meaning to the well worn phrase, 'taking Percy to the porcelain'.

'Pointing Percy at the Porcelain' ;)
  • Options

Stig, I dread to think what websites you end up on late at night!

I'm worried now. He was sitting just behind me yesterday!!
  • Options
    We should have thrown a pigs head at KM like the Barca fans did to Figo when he joined Real Madrid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    currently on reddit.com/r/soccer homepage - one of the rotating photos is @LouisMend 's I think
  • Options

Just an idea but...if we are to do this again can we have the self discipline to keep something in reserve for a second wave as soon as the game is restarted.

Exactly what I was thinking during the opening minutes. More effect if the match restarts for a second wave to rain down.
  • Options
    No doubt we've now got two really Angry Birds in KM and SP?
  • Options

mogodon said:

At the end of the game after the beach ball demo I found one at the end of Ransom Walk which I took home.

Yesterday several pigs were collected by Cov players in the dug-out and lined up on the edge by Ricketts the guy who came on as sub for them -one of them got knocked towards the barrier during the comings and goings and I was able to retrieve it - the others went into the physios kit back I think.

Happy to donate when the time comes - which can't be soon enough.
    I've got a good handful of sofa stuffing too!
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

jams said:

currently on reddit.com/r/soccer homepage - one of the rotating photos is @LouisMend 's I think

It is my favorite of all.
    That picture seems to have gone world wide.

Only took one take, that's called being a professional.
    It's clear that the pig has a big future, with natural talent like that....