Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best and worst football pundits

Comments

• Options

Starting to like Rio,

No!

Can’t stand him or lawro, Keane , Evra(?)

why is Martin O’Neill still being wheeled out?

Ditto giggs, itv lineup is wank

G nev best of the bunch I reckon
  • Options
    On the gantry, I think Hoddle probably knows what he's talking about...just find it hard to understand sometimes. If Murphy says something the opposite happens! Actually find myself agreeing with Lawro which just shows my age.

In the studio I find all the ITV 'experts' irritating including G Nev whose one strident views just sound like loud noise now...Keane just looks like he's about to kill somebody, probably the Croat next to him. The BBC sofa has a better balance and I particularly like the German diving machine and the Argentinian chap. Shearer continues to improve.

The female contribution in all areas has been refreshing and of a high standard.

• Options

On the gantry, I think Hoddle probably knows what he's talking about...just find it hard to understand sometimes. If Murphy says something the opposite happens! Actually find myself agreeing with Lawro which just shows my age.

In the studio I find all the ITV 'experts' irritating including G Nev whose one strident views just sound like loud noise now...Keane just looks like he's about to kill somebody, probably the Croat next to him. The BBC sofa has a better balance and I particularly like the German diving machine and the Argentinian chap. Shearer continues to improve.

The female contribution in all areas has been refreshing and of a high standard.

Count the number of times Alan Shearer says "er" during his analysis. It's all I can hear now.
  • Options
    Gary Neville gets so much spot on.

Giggs is so dull.
  • Options
    Good: Linekar, Ferdinand, Scott, Aluko, Drogba, Martin O'Neill, Fabregas, Shearer (think i'm in the minority), G Nev, Wright, Nevin, Pougatch, Jenas

Meh: Bilic (used to like him but he grated this year), Lampard, Dixon, Klinsman, Giggs

Abhorrent: Keane, Lawro, Dion Fucking Dublin, P Nev, Evra, Larsson
  • Options
    Talal said:

Count the number of times Alan Shearer says "er" during his analysis. It's all I can hear now.
    That's about £28,000 per "er" !!
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Pat Nevin - insightful, sharp wit , erudite , pithy , parisian in a smart way , can mix it with the intelligencia

Absolutely. Gives opinions and then explains them. He said that no way could Belgium beat Brazil unless they switched to a back four, they did and won.
  • Options
    Why did Rio say he thought England would beat Croatia 3-0 ! Did he fall for the hype as well.
    So many ex Pros on TV and media falling into the trap.
    In the preview I said Croatia would bring their A game as they had won 5 games in row even though in 2 of them they had been behind.
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Pat Nevin - insightful, sharp wit , erudite , pithy , parisian in a smart way , can mix it with the intelligencia

Great pundit. And got sent off at The Valley, playing for Tranmere Rovers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why did Rio say he thought England would beat Croatia 3-0 ! Did he fall for the hype as well.
    In the preview I said Croatia would bring their A game as they had won 5 games in row even though in 2 of them they had been behind.

Maybe you should be on telly then. Well done. Brilliant.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

So his prediction was wrong. Do you remember that octopus that kept predicting the winning team from a previous WC / Euros final?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Alex Scott is the best, no idea why, she just is......!

Amazing on MOTD2 tonight.... apart from talking up ‘wilf’.
  • Options

Greenie said:

only there to make up the quota.

perhaps I should apply to go on Asia Today or Loose Women.

• Options

Greenie said:

only there to make up the quota.

perhaps I should apply to go on Asia Today or Loose Women.

Strange comment.
  • Options
    Darren Bent has been doing quite a lot of stuff on the radio - has come across pretty well.
  • Options

Darren Bent has been doing quite a lot of stuff on the radio - has come across pretty well.

Yeah he's done a bit of work with Sky this season for the Championship / League One games and hasnt been bad - Only bad mark that I'd give him was when he said that Sunderland are in a worse position than Charlton
  • Options

Yeah he's done a bit of work with Sky this season for the Championship / League One games and hasnt been bad - Only bad mark that I'd give him was when he said that Sunderland are in a worse position than Charlton
    Listening to Darren the other day I was a little disappointed that he wasn't more effusive about his time at Charlton - I suppose the experience of players at different clubs varies a lot.
  • Options
    All stand (upper + lower) , north upper and east stand for me
  • Options

All stand (upper + lower) , north upper and east stand for me

What channel are those blokes on? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have managed to avoid ALL Sky punditry this season.

I haven't heard a single word come out of the inane, professional noise machine that is Jamie "everybody loves me, I'm sweet young Jamie Redknapp!" Redknapp.

The despicable spitter that is Jamie "why the fuck would anyone want to listen to this whiny voice" Carragher has yet to land a word in my household.

And I have lost nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's been refreshing. I switch it on at the precise moment of kick off, I switch over during half time, I switch over as soon as the final whistle goes. And it feels so good.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I haven't heard a single word come out of the inane, professional noise machine that is Jamie "everybody loves me, I'm sweet young Jamie Redknapp!" Redknapp.

The despicable spitter that is Jamie "why the fuck would anyone want to listen to this whiny voice" Carragher has yet to land a word in my household.

And I have lost nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's been refreshing. I switch it on at the precise moment of kick off, I switch over during half time, I switch over as soon as the final whistle goes. And it feels so good.

The problem with a lot of pundits is they're not very articulate and can be incredibly lazy with their preparation. Just because someone played football professionally doesn't guarantee they'll be a good pundit.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

The problem with a lot of pundits is they're not very articulate and can be incredibly lazy with their preparation. Just because someone played football professionally doesn't guarantee they'll be a good pundit.
    That's very true. Many of them have an incredibly poor grasp of the English language too which is frustrating. I had a friend who used to work on the old PPV games. George Graham would turn up about an hour before kick off and ask who was playing!

I think the Sky lot have learnt from that, and do a fair bit of prep (I used to see Neville and Ed Chamberlain preapring over breakfast every Monday). But even still, they don't offer me any insight that I give a fuck about, and I don't like the men making the noise so there's no point listening!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's very true. Many of them have an incredibly poor grasp of the English language too which is frustrating. I had a friend who used to work on the old PPV games. George Graham would turn up about an hour before kick off and ask who was playing!

I think the Sky lot have learnt from that, and do a fair bit of prep (I used to see Neville and Ed Chamberlain preapring over breakfast every Monday). But even still, they don't offer me any insight that I give a fuck about, and I don't like the men making the noise so there's no point listening!
    It's even worse on talkSPORT - some of them are almost proud of their ignorance. When it comes to football outside the Prem the lack of knowledge and interest is shocking.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched BT's version of Soccer Saturday.

It's awful, can't say any of the pundits are any good, i.e. Robbie Savage, Chris Sutton, Paul Ince, Dean Saunders and the rest.

They all seem to be watching all the games at once.

They also have a woman reading out tweets from fans.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Has anyone watched BT's version of Soccer Saturday.

It's awful, can't say any of the pundits are any good, i.e. Robbie Savage, Chris Sutton, Paul Ince, Dean Saunders and the rest.

They all seem to be watching all the games at once.

They also have a woman reading out tweets from fans.

Robbie Savage is an amazing pundit.
  • Options
    If I wanted to read tweets I’d be on Twitter. I don’t need to see them on TV shows.
  • Options
    Hoof It are you on some very strong drugs?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Hoof It are you on some very strong drugs?

Sometimes - Robbie Savage doesn't sound any better when I've taken them. My ultimate nightmare is being stuck in a lift with him and KR.
  • Options
    I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

If you had a gun with two bullets you'd shoot yourself twice!!!!