Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best and worst football pundits

Comments

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

TEL said:

Wondered who this Bianca Westwood was that was mentioned and here she was at the valley...bless

Would ya
    I used to work with her.... and the answer after that experience... No.

I think she was dating Ronnie O'Sullivan at the time!
    Can you tell us more?
    Probably best not! Andy Gray, on the other hand, well I'm happy to discuss how much of a shitty person he can be. I've never known anyone to deserve a sacking more, @golfaddick !
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

TEL said:

Wondered who this Bianca Westwood was that was mentioned and here she was at the valley...bless

Would ya
    I used to work with her.... and the answer after that experience... No.

I think she was dating Ronnie O'Sullivan at the time!
    Can you tell us more?
    Probably best not! Andy Gray, on the other hand, well I'm happy to discuss how much of a shitty person he can be. I've never known anyone to deserve a sacking more, @golfaddick !
    Richard Keys.
  • Options
    Thierry Henry on a bit of Aguero "movement", and I think it's fantastic punditry.

https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=ZAm_k7_CdLQ
  • Options
    (Btw the link to Youpak is for YouTube videos that are blocked in one's country because of copyright - change the "Tube" to "Pak" and boom it works)
  • Options
    Worst - Dowie by a country mile
  • Options
    Halix said:

I don't know whats wrong with you lot, it has to be Glenn Hoddle. Not only is he a superb co-commentator, with lots of incisive and adroit comments, he is also kindly giving up his free time to enlighten and entertain us mere punters. He could be out on the pitch playing better than each and every player (including the goalies and referee), or he could be managing the sides and bringing his magnificent tactical expertise to bear.

Watching the England games last week, as if the games themselves weren't dreary enough, up he pops with his inane drivel. And FFS the blokes name isn't Chamberlain, it's Oxlade-Chamberlain you moron. Not you Helix.
  • Options
    I was watching the Wales Ireland match, and I couldn't understand a word the pundits were saying, none of it made any sort of sense.

But then they were talking in Welsh to be fair
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Halix said:

I don't know whats wrong with you lot, it has to be Glenn Hoddle. Not only is he a superb co-commentator, with lots of incisive and adroit comments, he is also kindly giving up his free time to enlighten and entertain us mere punters. He could be out on the pitch playing better than each and every player (including the goalies and referee), or he could be managing the sides and bringing his magnificent tactical expertise to bear.

Watching the England games last week, as if the games themselves weren't dreary enough, up he pops with his inane drivel. And FFS the blokes name isn't Chamberlain, it's Oxlade-Chamberlain you moron. Not you Helix.
    Helix make protractors, I'm HALIX! but bless you anyway.
  • Options
    Back in the 1970s, former England manager Sir Alf Ramsey deigned to do a bit of TV punditry. Not a wise move.

Although he was born in Dagenham, Alf had social pretensions and affected a way of expressing 'I' as 'ay'. At this particular match, the floodlights failed and the pundits were reduced to small-talk in a desperate attempt to fill up time in the live broadcast. Sir Alf didn't do small-talk.

The studio anchor asked him: “When do you think the floodlights will be back on, Alf?”

And he replied: “Ay am not an electrician.”

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I was watching the Wales Ireland match, and I couldn't understand a word the pundits were saying, none of it made any sort of sense.

But then they were talking in Welsh to be fair

I can understand them more than I can Pat Nevin
  • Options
    I know i have already commented but another vote for Hoddle, he sends me to sleep probably worse then owen.
  • Options
    Chris Sutton - a total miserablist.
  • Options
    Glen Hoddle commentates in a way where you know that even he has absolutely no idea what he's about to come out with.

He starts a sentence, and almost immediately the purpose with which he started that sentence begins to wane, eventually dying about half way through - at which point he grinds to a bit of a halt - finally digging deep to trail off with whatever his brain stumbles upon. Occasionally this ends up with him chuckling to himself, a bit of an awkward silence and the other commentator drawing a line under it by going back to the "Henderson... passes to Chamberlain..."

Did the quickest YouTube search for 'Glenn Hoddle commentary' and the top result fits the bill -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W54B571Y2P0
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Chris Sutton - a total miserablist.

True, always moaning about something!
  • Options
    Garry Birtles makes me want to kick the TV. When he covers the lower leagues for Sky everything he says is so generic that you can tell that he has no knowledge at all of the teams and players he's watching.

Plus he talks shit.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Garry Birtles makes me want to kick the TV. When he covers the lower leagues for Sky everything he says is so generic that you can tell that he has no knowledge at all of the teams and players he's watching.

Plus he talks shit.

I was watching Burton v Birmingham a few weeks ago and heard him come out with the line: "Teams wont like playing against Burton" and it really did sound like a generic SKY like that he throws out per game - Cant have been that bad for opponents as that was their first win that season, so having played three games prior (and lost), opponents must have loved playing them!!
  • Options
    Anyone else finding Kevin Kilbane really annoying?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Cant really see why Didier Drogba is there, I know English isnt his first language, but the way he talks I doubt if its his third or fourth either, he offers all the insight of a post box.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Cant really see why Didier Drogba is there, I know English isnt his first language, but the way he talks its probably not his third or fourth either.

He has also missed his teams last 6 games due to The World Cup and he is just a pundit
    Although he dont appear to have been missed

Lost 1-0
    Won 3-1
    Drew 0-0
    Won 3-0
    Won 4-0
    Drew 0-0

So 5 games without defeat scoring 10 goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A bit, but not nearly as annoying as Mark Lawrenson.
  • Options

Not really. Far more grating voices than his.
  • Options
    I cant stand Mark Lawrenson
  • Options
    Bilic's summaries and insight were good at the last Euros but his diction is now really poor and hard to fathom.Patrice Evra seems to be thinking about Jacqui Oatley's legs. Roy Keane just sits there looking stunned and in his own little world. Lineker is far less annoying when he comments at half-time/just as a game ends.He looks totally bored though with Premier League football.Never thought I would like the boy Line-acre,as Mike Channon used to call him. Alan Shearer is Captain Sensible most of the time and shows his competitive side(although it took him an age to score his first goal against us!).
    Wonder what they are being paid?

• Options

I cant stand Mark Lawrenson

I get the impression Mark Lawrenson probably doesn’t like Mark Lawrenson either. Or just anyone for that matter.
    If they ever do a remake of One Foot In The Grave, he’ll be a shoe-in for the main role.

• Options
    How can you not love Lawro! Grumpy old man saying it how it is, brilliant
  • Options

Yeah imagine being grumpy to get paid handsomely to talk about football live at the World Cup.
  • Options
    Worst. Crooks or Lawrenson
    Best. Either Neville, Alex Scott
  • Options

He's not even a very good grumpy old man - Chris Sutton wins that prize!

Lawro provides zero insight into the game and the BBC pay him a cocking fortune for it. Stealing a living.
  • Options
    Lawro was a good player - but my god it is such hard work listening to him moaning for 90 minutes!