Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

Comments

• Options

Worryingly I put "Joe Read" into google to see who the other JR could be and the images were mainly of @Addickted2TheReds preening himself in arty black and white photos like some modern day gigolo.

Is there something you want to tell us?

Oh, that's embarrassing.
    We were all young, good looking , slim models once. Hard to believe but true @Addickted2TheReds
  • Options

Worryingly I put "Joe Read" into google to see who the other JR could be and the images were mainly of @Addickted2TheReds preening himself in arty black and white photos like some modern day gigolo.

Oh, that's embarrassing.
    We were all young, good looking , slim models once. Hard to believe but true @Addickted2TheReds
    And able to hold down a spew on the way to a 3pm kick off...

• Options
    Well done CARD. Let's make sure we ram home our position against Coventry with a huge combined supporters protest. Donkey and I will be there!
  • Options
    Excellent response, email. (To whatever Meire said)

Where can I find what she said in her email to card? Did that get posted?
  • Options
    CharlTony said:

CARD just being pigheaded not accepting the invitation. Club clearly trying to create a dialogue and with the appointment of an English manager and his choice of players, to tread a new path. A very disappointing response and a lost opportunity. CARD have ceded the moral high ground with this response and come across as petty, vindictive and self obsessed.

Convenient timing from the club though? And as others have said if they really wanted dialogue they would have waited for a reply before leaking the message to the press.
  • Options
    Ooooohhhh Cahones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    olster said:

Oh, that's embarrassing.
    And able to hold down a spew on the way to a 3pm kick off...

Bury was far away. Leave me alone.

Peanut/Shoe/Benderova
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

It's a good and well written statement and says what it needs to say...BUT Could it not have more weight if it were put across as eloquently and face to face?

Not shouty and ranty but as eloquently as this is written would have so much gravitas - it would be hard to see where the meeting could go if this were the opening response.

I know this is a sweeping generalisation but the Belgians are renowned for being somewhat stubborn and this might just make them "dig in" even more. You can get so much more feeling across in a face to face conversation if transmitted correctly.

You mean like the Trust did in April?
    That's as may be but the club have been vocal in stating they are much more receptive to meetings this season as evidenced by the repeated meetings with various fan groups - I'd see this as an opportunity to go for the jugular.

Repeated meetings? T20 & a selected audience pre-match from EKA.
    She knew the answer to the invitation from card before she hit the send icon. Just a failed attempt to gain the moral high ground.
    If there is to be meaningful dialogue between the club and supporters groups surly the club needs to demonstrate that it has changed tack before any future meetings.
    I haven't a clue what the club could do to patch things up, we have dropped too far for instant or quick fixes. Best thing I can think of is leave.
  • Options
    CharlTony said:

CARD just being pigheaded not accepting the invitation. Club clearly trying to create a dialogue and with the appointment of an English manager and his choice of players, to tread a new path. A very disappointing response and a lost opportunity. CARD have ceded the moral high ground with this response and come across as petty, vindictive and self obsessed.

Are you a fan of the Belgians?
  • Options
    Just had a thought!

Could this have been a double headed attempt at firstly trying to gain the moral high ground, but also (should the meeting have taken place) as an attempt to find out who the 'leaders' of CARD are?

Card turn up to meeting, club now know who the ring leaders are and now can go about either banning them via an ABC or keeping tabs on them with cahones famous CCTV ops
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Just had a thought!

Could this have been a double headed attempt at firstly trying to gain the moral high ground, but also (should the meeting have taken place) as an attempt to find out who the 'leaders' of CARD are?

Card turn up to meeting, club now know who the ring leaders are and now can go about either banning them via an ABC or keeping tabs on them with cahones famous CCTV ops

I think it was probably more along the lines of "Oh we'll put this invitation out now so that in 7 months time when we get relegated again we'll be able to say that we tried to communicate".
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

It's a good and well written statement and says what it needs to say...BUT Could it not have more weight if it were put across as eloquently and face to face?

Not shouty and ranty but as eloquently as this is written would have so much gravitas - it would be hard to see where the meeting could go if this were the opening response.

I know this is a sweeping generalisation but the Belgians are renowned for being somewhat stubborn and this might just make them "dig in" even more. You can get so much more feeling across in a face to face conversation if transmitted correctly.

You mean like the Trust did in April?
    That's as may be but the club have been vocal in stating they are much more receptive to meetings this season as evidenced by the repeated meetings with various fan groups - I'd see this as an opportunity to go for the jugular.

Repeated meetings? T20 & a selected audience pre-match from EKA.
    She knew the answer to the invitation from card before she hit the send icon. Just a failed attempt to gain the moral high ground.
    If there is to be meaningful dialogue between the club and supporters groups surly the club needs to demonstrate that it has changed tack before any future meetings.
    I haven't a clue what the club could do to patch things up, we have dropped too far for instant or quick fixes. Best thing I can think of is leave.
    I agree It's only 3 or 4 but that's 3 or 4 more than previous seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CharlTony said:

I'm just a disillusioned supporter like yourself - very distressed by the whole situation who believes that the disengagement between the owners and the more radical elements in the fanbase is driving away a whole section of the support. I who would much prefer dialogue to conflict and for all sides to pull together with a common aim of turning this situation around.
  • Options
    CharlTony said:

Petty, vindictive and self-obsessed? If you are Tony Big Bollox then was that something that dawned on you when looking in the mirror shaving this morning.

If you're not then I believe that's three of the adjectives I would use when describing Meire (only three of quite a few mind - I have a lot of others).
  • Options
    What a fantastic reply - well done !
    They sold the Frenchman for buttons, and sacked CP when we were on the up and up.
    They are idiots.
  • Options
    CharlTony said:

CharlTony said:

I'm just a disillusioned supporter like yourself - very distressed by the whole situation who believes that the disengagement between the owners and the more radical elements in the fanbase is driving away a whole section of the support. I who would much prefer dialogue to conflict and for all sides to pull together with a common aim of turning this situation around.
    Absolutely nothing to do with the radical element of the fan base. You are delusional.
    They've ,or should I say you've had more than enough chances. If you were genuine you'd know that.