Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Mail - Chaos at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    3blokes said:

As long as it can be videoed, it might be worth getting CARD's finest to attend a meeting. If, of course, one has really been offered.
    Or maybe it is actually too late for talking. After all, experience of Roland Duchatelet's Charlton Athletic suggests this invite is mere posture and platitude and likely to mean precisely zilch.
    Didn't Katrien offer to meet Airman once in a public display of 'let's talk round a table about all this,old chum.'
    Didn't happen though, did it?

He was too scared. ;)
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Swisdom said:

Cool - so will CARD have the meeting?

They've asked for one for long enough so now it's available will they take up the opportunity?

This could be entertaining....

The painful death of our club is not, and cannot be, entertaining.

@LeaburnForEngland has posted the CARD response above. It's everything that Staprix communication is not. Well conceived, purposeful and an accurate understanding of the situation.
    The proposed meeting is not an "opportunity" in any way for those that support Charlton Athletic Football Club. CARD are playing a blinder here and Staprix just can't keep up.
    Agreed, it is neither 'entertaining' nor an 'opportunity' ...it is a cynical PR exercise and no more.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Note the club's reply says "challenge for promotion". Isn't that already a downgrade of what they said over the Summer?

Acutally no. That's what they said at the time which I though very unambitious.

But seeing where we are now it was very over optimistic to even think about challenging.
  • Options
    Excellant response from CARD. Agree entirely. Roland Out !!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Excellently worded. I would've liked a PS 'why didn't you and Roland take up cabbles' offer to go out for a lovely Thai dinner at a trendy eatery in Peckham' but apart from that I endorse this
    They heard you tell people they smell.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, does the club's invite e-mail to CARD say who would represent the club, at the meeting? Does it suggest that Roland would be there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    «You had 2 years to talk and you declined to do so. Now it is time for you to go» Excellent and entirely justified response. Thanks Card and @LeaburnForEngland
  • Options
    Magnificent statement from CARD.

This regime cannot be trusted in any way. They are proven liars and proven failures in their respective positions. Clearly they will NEVER manage this club properly and as a result they have to go. I don't see any other alternative.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I in the opinion that CARD or the Trust should only consider a meeting with RD and until that is forthcoming no meeting should take place, I believe in the past the chairman of the trust offered to meet RD in Belgium but this was refused, they are on the run. Stand firm CARD.
  • Options

"With this in-mind we have requested a meeting with CARD to look at how we can potentially begin working with them on a process of rebuilding this great club."

Does this mean that they recognise that they have destroyed it already?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Excellently worded. I would've liked a PS 'why didn't you and Roland take up cabbles' offer to go out for a lovely Thai dinner at a trendy eatery in Peckham' but apart from that I endorse this
    The meeting could have been a great final scene for "Rolling With Roland" ...
  • Options

Just out of interest, does the club's invite e-mail to CARD say who would represent the club, at the meeting? Does it suggest that Roland would be there?

Jacko.
  • Options
    Just seen this blog post, had to laugh -

http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=463335

@Addickted2TheReds I think he's concerned about you -

"I personally feel for the young supporters who are being dragged into a fight none can possibly understand."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Just links in with their Blade Runner bollox---- get the oldies out---- come on Tony stop hiding behind a blue vest and front some of the oldies---- do you know what front means ? Tony ? Tony ?
  • Options

"I personally feel for the young supporters who are being dragged into a fight none can possibly understand."

Just wow ...so blind to the facts
  • Options
    @LeaburnForEngland

You're not the only one worried about me!

"No offence to Joe, but the kid is well out of his depth. I employ much more articulate kids than him to do internships. Embarrassing comments today. Stand aside sonny, or just pipe down for the grown ups."

:-(
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I know.

Damn all these people who make all my decisions and form my opinions because I can't think for myself because I'm too young!

Bastards!
    Funny it's the same argument Sue used against me on that fb group the other day. She also said I'm too young to be a real fan as I haven't lived through various periods of our history that I am fully aware of. So apparently my opinion doesn't matter because I am too young.
  • Options

@LeaburnForEngland

You're not the only one worried about me!

"No offence to Joe, but the kid is well out of his depth. I employ much more articulate kids than him to do internships. Embarrassing comments today. Stand aside sonny, or just pipe down for the grown ups."

:-(

Who said that?!
  • Options

I know.

Damn all these people who make all my decisions and form my opinions because I can't think for myself because I'm too young!

Bastards!
    Funny it's the same argument Sue used against me on that fb group the other day. She also said I'm too your to be a real fan as I haven't lived through various periods of our history that I am fully aware of. So awarepparently my opinion doesn't matter because I am too young.
    I wish I could respond but I'm not articulate enough :-(
  • Options
    When I read the Mail article my first thought was that Meire had to go before any meeting could realistically happen. So well done!! Good, well argued response.

Clearly the club response is yet another move as advised by the new PR agency so Meire can look sad when she says we have offered to meet but CARD refused etc. Woefully transparent but it will suck some people in. It is also ammunition for the hardcore anti-CARD, anti-boycott brigade who will undoubtedly trill on about CARD's hidden motives, how they are not real supporters etc.

Had Meire done this in August then she might have had a chance. But in the intervening weeks her 'new start' rhetoric has been exposed a phony and the on-field side of the club has continued to nosedive.