Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Chris Hughton been confirmed as Bristol City manager
    Has he? I saw a fake Bristol City tweet earlier but nothing official.

would be a cracking appointment if they do though.
  • Options

Yeah I just jumped on the Bristol City twitter account and there was nothing there so will remove my original comment for the time being

Have to admit the fake announcement tweet was very good in terms of Graphics
  • Options
    It was blinding. I only spotted it was fake because it hadn’t been mentioned here 6 or 7 hours after the tweet was posted. Which made me double check.
    The Bristol City twitter account should use those graphics if they do appoint him now.
  • Options

Yeah I just jumped on the Bristol City twitter account and there was nothing there so will remove my original comment for the time being

Have to admit the fake announcement tweet was very good in terms of Graphics
    If I was to do a really convincing fake tweet, I'd make the story far more interesting. Pochettino say!

It would be like doing a fake Charlton Athletic signing, and the player being an Accrington defender...
  • Options
    Brizzle still after Stevie G apparently
  • Options
    Watford will go down after replacing Pearson with...... Hayden Mullins !
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Watford will go down after replacing Pearson with...... Hayden Mullins !
    I thought we were signing Hayden Mullins in January, only to be thwarted at the last minute by the transfer embargo.

• Options
    Brizzle still after Stevie G apparently
    As if they have a chance......

"Hi Stevie........we know you have a good thing going up there, playing in front of 45,000 passionate fans & winning virtually every week whilst also playing in European competitions every midweek.......but would you fancy swapping that to manage a team nr Wales who haven't won anything for 30 years..."

Laughable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Telegraph is reporting that Nathan Jones is set to return at Luton
    they are obviously desperate
    Why? They were a good fit when together and they were playing some exciting football when he was in charge. If he gets them playing that way from the off and the season re-starts I would say it is bad news for us.
    He left Luton around Christmas last year when they were still a long way from promotion .. Harford managed them during the long unbeaten run (broken by us) on the way to promotion. I was sitting near the Stoke bench when we beat them at the Valley this season (it seems soooo long ago), even at that early stage of the season Jones looked a haunted, desperate man, a panicker. 
    He managed Luton to a L2 second spot and promotion, but has done nothing since except get the sack @ Stoke. There is the old maxim, 'never go back'. I welcome his return as he'll probably make a right fuck up of the job and mean one less team for us to worry about. Other than that he's the right man for the job
    I will just leave this here.......cough, cough.   
    lol to say that leaves me with egg all over my face is a major understatement ((:<) .. off topic a wee bit .. at the end of the Luton/BBurn game sky showed Jones marching exultantly along the touchline and then he appeared to have a serious fallout with Mick Harford .. or like my 'analysis' of Jones' managerial ability ..  did I imagine this or was the row with someone else ? he defo fell out big time with somebody

EDIT . according to the Luton fansite, the row was with David Lowe,  a BBurn coach 
  • Options
    Graeme Jones started the turnaround before lockdown. He can feel slightly aggrieved that the story will be all about Nathan Jones saving them...
  • Options
    Graeme Jones started the turnaround before lockdown. He can feel slightly aggrieved that the story will be all about Nathan Jones saving them...
    don't let the Jonses get you down .. Temptations
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Huddersfield have appointed the Leeds assistant 

Be interesting to see what he has learnt from Bielsa over the years(not that we will get to see first hand now we are in a different division)
  • Options

Be interesting to see what he has learnt from Bielsa over the years(not that we will get to see first hand now we are in a different division)
    After the Pep and Klopp protégés, now it's time for the Bielsa protégés to take over...
  • Options
    I thought pep was basically a Bielsa product
  • Options
    I thought pep was basically a Bielsa product
    I'm not sure they ever worked together but Guardiola has always raved about him. 

Will be very interesting to see how CC does at Huddersfield. Bielsa has done an amazing job with a limited group of footballers so he shouldn't need a massive amount of investment if he is going to implement the same style of play.
  • Options

After the Pep and Klopp protégés, now it's time for the Bielsa protégés to take over...
    Sure that's not that Rylan bloke from the telly?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53568836

Warnock staying on at Boro

Warnock, who said in January that he was looking for one last job before retiring, needs just four more matches to reach the milestone of 1,500 league games in management.
    Boro are the 16th club of Warnock's managerial career, which started at Gainsborough Trinity in 1980 and has seen him win promotion to the top flight on four occasions - most recently with Cardiff in 2018.
  • Options
    How many times is this his 'final' job in football? Palace, QPR, Cardiff, Boro.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    How many times is this his 'final' job in football? Palace, QPR, Cardiff, Boro.......

Colin takes over at Burnley, his 22nd club after David Silva is sacked with them in the bottom 3

• Options
    iaitch said:

Colin takes over at Burnley, his 22nd club after David Silva is sacked with them in the bottom 3

He has taken over at Burnley as their owner, Chris farnell has agreed to let silva speak to Birmingham about their vacant managers job with a reported £750,000 compensation figure being agreed. This follows farnell selling the entire first team squad for £1m cash, paid in a brown envelope.
  • Options
    Paul Cook being linked with Bristol City
  • Options
    He's leaving them tomorrow, would be a great appointment for Bristol 
  • Options
    He's resigned from the Wigan job!! 
  • Options
    Aitor Karanka set to be named as the new Birmingham Manager
  • Options
    the scouser Mourinho .. he'll soon have them in the Prem.
  • Options
    Aitor Karanka set to be named as the new Birmingham Manager
    Now confirmed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53613208