Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Stoke's recent record, when it comes to "poaching" managers hasn't been great.

Both Nathan Jones and Alex Neill flopped at Stoke after success elsewhere, so a bit of a risk for Schumacher.

Schumacher's former boss at Plymouth might be available for a Plymouth return if Preston sack Ryan Lowe...
    Gary Rowett too going further back.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Stoke's recent record, when it comes to "poaching" managers hasn't been great.

Both Nathan Jones and Alex Neill flopped at Stoke after success elsewhere, so a bit of a risk for Schumacher.

Schumacher's former boss at Plymouth might be available for a Plymouth return if Preston sack Ryan Lowe...
    Gary Rowett too going further back.
    I have never worked out why. It almost feels like they are cursed.
  • Options
    League Two's bottom side Sutton United have sacked manager Matt Gray.
    https://www.suttonunited.net/news/2023/december/club-statement/
  • Options
    Interesting about Gray. Wasn't he mentioned in dispatches about our job a couple of times.
  • Options
    Did an amazing job to get Sutton promoted. Not sure what went wrong this season, as they've been very poor.
  • Options
    Looks like Forest are pulling the plug on Cooper.

Nuno Espírito Santo incoming (always feels like I’m saying mass when I say his name aloud)

I mean, I find it hard to look at Cooper, but I do rate him as a manager.

I hope Forest sink like a stone quite frankly.
    Couldn't agree more.
    What Cooper achieved at Forest was remarkable and I'm certain he would have kept them up this season.
    Hope they go down now, unless it's between them and Palace.
  • Options
    Sitting next to my Forest mate, he is absolutely gutted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mistake by Forest for me. 
    Half the battle is getting the fans to back a manager (as we have found). 
    Somebody replaces them and they go down - then they need another Cooper to get them back up. 
    Forest will find good managers don’t grow on Trees 😀
  • Options
    Reunite the Steve Cooper and Andy Scott partnership, and sign 20 players in January.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Wasn't Steve Cooper the Manager that led our youngsters to World Cup Glory? (England that is, not Charlton)?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Wasn't Steve Cooper the Manager that led our youngsters to World Cup Glory? (England that is, not Charlton)?
    Yes he was.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I would like it if somehow we could get Steve Cooper in as our manager.
    Reckon he'll be Palace manager before long.

This feels like a very good fit , Hodgson might want to see the season out but if results drop off , Cooper is the perfect man for the job 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Interesting that both Schumacher and his former boss at Plymouth Ryan Lowe have had old school lower division journeyman playing careers, rather than being one of the "trendy" PL academy coaches.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I stand by what I have been saying for months.

Southgate leaves England after the Euros
    Hodgson retires end of season 

Southgate returns to Palace and relegates them
    And breaks the British transfer record signing Harry Maguire 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I stand by what I have been saying for months.

Southgate leaves England after the Euros
    Hodgson retires end of season 

Southgate returns to Palace and relegates them
    Hodgson to return to the England job?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    seth plum said:

This feels like a very good fit , Hodgson might want to see the season out but if results drop off , Cooper is the perfect man for the job 
    But are you certain he will relegate them.   :smile:
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I don't quite understand the reaction of the Forest fans. They all seem to be sad but totally accepting of the decision. There's very little anger directed at the ownership for sacking him.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    seth plum said:

The ownership have given them premier league football for the first time in a generation. I'm guessing they are still very much in credit with the supporters 
  • Options
    Have been thinking that Potter will do the evil heelturn and join Palace tbh, but Cooper would work too
  • Options
    Rumours that Sir Jim Ratcliffe once he gets his feet under the table wants Potter in at United. Could be controversial after what happened at Chelsea.