Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Neil Critchley after just 12 games in charge at Loftus Road.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64654963
    Nathan Jones might be a good fit?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Neil Critchley after just 12 games in charge at Loftus Road.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64654963
    They become the fourth Championship club to make a second managerial change this season after Cardiff City, Wigan Athletic and Huddersfield Town.

I wonder what percentage of clubs who employ 3 managers in a season go down? We were relegated both times we went down that path...
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64696337

Motherwell expect to appoint a new manager this week, with Grant McCann, Ian Holloway and caretaker boss Stuart Kettlewell the last three contenders.

What a contrasting set of options!
    Would like to see Ollie back as a manager! What a character he is. His post game interviews have turned up some gems over the years.  :p
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    But as a manager he's pretty shit.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Neil Critchley sacked after 12 games into a 3 and a half year contract at QPR !

Without knowing the personal details of his contract, what type of compensation can Critchley expect to get ?

Anyone ITK on the legalities of football contracts ?
  • Options

Without knowing the personal details of his contract, what type of compensation can Critchley expect to get ?

Read somewhere a while back that the average wage for a manager in the Championship was about £800k, but suspect QPR wouldn't be at the top end.

And I don't think it's as simple as getting the rest of the contract paid up, more a "mutual agreement" figure that means they get a lump sum but can get another job?
  • Options

I read on here recently that the contract would be paid until he found another job.  No idea if thats true but would make sense. 
  • Options
    Ainsworth of Wycombe is fav for QPR again he was fav last two times and never got it 

• Options

I read on here recently that the contract would be paid until he found another job.  No idea if thats true but would make sense. 
    I think that can happen, or both parties can reach a compromise - from the club's point of view it stops manager sitting at home just getting paid in full for the next X years and not bothering with another job, but also the manager can move on and start looking etc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen on Social Media that David Moyes has left West Ham. Even though they have had a terrible season from the last but quite surprised about this one.!

Take that back it was a post I read from 4 years on his first appointment. I won’t inform you Lifers anymore in the future. 😉
    Doesn't feel like it's far off though, he's fast working through any credit from the last couple of years.
  • Options
    Just seen on Social Media that David Moyes has left West Ham. Even though they have had a terrible season from the last but quite surprised about this one.!

Take that back it was a post I read from 4 years on his first appointment. I won’t inform you Lifers anymore in the future. 😉
    Doesn't feel like it's far off though, he's fast working through any credit from the last couple of years.
    More gutless performances like yesterday's will hasten the end pretty quickly. The one short term thing you would hope for with a change of manager, is more effort on the pitch
  • Options

More gutless performances like yesterday's will hasten the end pretty quickly. The one short term thing you would hope for with a change of manager, is more effort on the pitch
    I reckon he's gone if they don't beat Forest. 
  • Options
    Ainsworth of Wycombe is fav for QPR again he was fav last two times and never got it 

Looks like its up to Ainsworth if he wants it to happen now

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64696337

Motherwell expect to appoint a new manager this week, with Grant McCann, Ian Holloway and caretaker boss Stuart Kettlewell the last three contenders.

What a contrasting set of options!
    Would like to see Ollie back as a manager! What a character he is. His post game interviews have turned up some gems over the years.  :p
    he's not paid to be a humorous raconteur though .. as a manager he's pretty much been a flop .. at Grimsby he insisted he was investing £100,000 into the club (but only after he had sold his house in Bristol) .. could be the drum is still on the market .. irrational I know, but I can't stand him and his irritating Bristolian burrrrrrr
  • Options

Given the "hire-'em-fire-'em" nature of managerial/head coach appointments these days I would be very surprised if there wasn't a termination clause in the contract which specified exactly how much compo would be payable, whether it's a fixed amount or a stated number of months' salary.

Every club, every manager, every contract may be different but I imagine the days of "cheerio, bugger you off, here's the remainder of your contract paid up" or "let us know when you've got a new job and we'll stop paying you" are long gone.
  • Options

Looks like its up to Ainsworth if he wants it to happen now

Good opportunity to move up a division, get a decent pay rise and an ex-club but surely he could do better - especially coming from the position he is in at Wycombe. He knows he won't get time to turn things around if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Loved watching Ainsworth as a kid at Wimbledon. He gave absolutely everything on the pitch - shame he was injured so much!
  • Options
    They can have him for £2m and we will throw in Bonne for free.
  • Options
    Still can't believe how much we mugged them off for Bonne 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can Talksport make up their minds? Less than an hour after they say QPR are approaching Holden they say Ainsworth being appointed. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64716610

Former Watford boss Javi Gracia is set to be named the manager of Leeds United, ending the club's search for Jesse Marsch's successor.
  • Options

Former Watford boss Javi Gracia is set to be named the manager of Leeds United, ending the club's search for Jesse Marsch's successor.
    his wiki page shows him as already appointed !! .. jumping the gun or advance notice ?
  • Options

His 13th managerial job since 2008.

I'd be surprised if he's still there by 2024.
  • Options
    If Ainsworth doesn't take the QPR job then you have to wonder what else he's holding out for.

Even if he got Wycombe promoted again their resources likely mean they'd be straight back down, and although on a bad run QPR are a fairly solid championship side who he played for for years. I don't see him getting many better offers and he probably doesn't even need to move house.
  • Options
    If Ainsworth doesn't take the QPR job then you have to wonder what else he's holding out for.

Even if he got Wycombe promoted again their resources likely mean they'd be straight back down, and although on a bad run QPR are a fairly solid championship side who he played for for years. I don't see him getting many better offers and he probably doesn't even need to move house.
    could just be he's happy where he is .. the current managerial turnover rate could be a disinsentive for him ..  he joins (say) QPR, doesn't get them where the owners think they should be and he's sacked .. Wycombe don't want him back, where does he go to feel as comfortable as he did with the Chairboys ?
  • Options

Indeed it'll get to the stage where other clubs assume that he'll never leave. 

I suppose the alternative argument is looking at someone like Paul Tisdale, who was a long service Exeter legend, but only lasted a year and a half at MKD and had two very short spells at Bristol R and Stevenage. I imagine he wishes he stayed at Exeter now.