Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Kolo Toure sacked by Wigan

9 games in charge

0 wins
    3 draws
    6 defeats 

• Options
    Absolutely serves them right for one of the most disgraceful sackings of the last few years. Leam Richardson worked wonders with them, players loved playing under him and they were competing in the championship whilst fully understandably battling it out near the bottom and they’ve just pulled the trigger and gone for a style of play that was never suitable for the players they had. 

They deserve relegation and I am pretty sure that’s exactly what they’ll get come May.
  • Options
    Bonkers to get rid of Richardson, but then to dump Toure after 9 games just shows that the owners don't know what they're doing
  • Options
    He can’t complain he wasn’t given a chance …
  • Options
    Dyche looks set for the Everton job. A far better option than Bielsa in a relegation battle in my opinion 
  • Options
    Scoring goals has been their major problem, but let's see eh
  • Options
    The Wigan entourage is connected to us in some way apparently.
    At least Tuesday is only four days away and some reality will hit home for us.
  • Options

Cardiff City have appointed former Nottingham Forest boss Sabri Lamouchi as their third manager of the season.

Lamouchi, 51, will be joined at the Cardiff City Stadium by ex-Bluebirds defender Sol Bamba, who will assist his former Ivory Coast national team manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64415848

• Options
    Dyche looks set for the Everton job. A far better option than Bielsa in a relegation battle in my opinion 
    I think Dyche will keep them up, which is a shame cos I’d love to see them go down.
  • Options
    clive said:

Cardiff City have appointed former Nottingham Forest boss Sabri Lamouchi as their third manager of the season.

Lamouchi, 51, will be joined at the Cardiff City Stadium by ex-Bluebirds defender Sol Bamba, who will assist his former Ivory Coast national team manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64415848

Did well at Forest, but Cardiff is a tough job, especially with their transfer embargo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64384671

In  the least surprising sacking ever, Jim Goodwin has left Aberdeen after a 6-0 defeat to Hibs. This follows a cup defeat to 6th tier Darvel, and a 5-0 defeat to Hearts
  • Options
    Sean Dyche is the new Everton Manager 
  • Options
    Jody Morris has been announced as Swindon's new Manager
  • Options
    He was watching on Saturday. A weird turn of events there, it's one thing losing Garner and Marshall to a team in a higher division, but losing Lindsey to struggling Crawley is strange.
  • Options
    He's now got 11 hours to reshape the squad how he wants it to see them through until the end of the season.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Absolutely serves them right for one of the most disgraceful sackings of the last few years. Leam Richardson worked wonders with them, players loved playing under him and they were competing in the championship whilst fully understandably battling it out near the bottom and they’ve just pulled the trigger and gone for a style of play that was never suitable for the players they had. 

They deserve relegation and I am pretty sure that’s exactly what they’ll get come May.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64439406

I'd missed the news that Shaun Maloney had been appointed as Wigan manager. A complete shambles really.
  • Options
    Jesse Marsch sacked by Leeds 
  • Options
    Would be fun if they got Bielsa back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Corberan's name has been mentioned. A protégé of Bielsa, but has only been at West Brom for a few weeks. 
  • Options
    Jesse Marsch sacked by Leeds 
    Quite liked him. Thought Leeds were unlucky to lose yesterday.
  • Options
    Lee Bower to leeds?
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Lee Bower to leeds?
    Who’s he?

• Options
    Nathan Jones rumoured to be next…

• Options
    Valley11 said:

He'll just go back to Luton.  :)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

He'll just go back to Luton.  :)
    No vacancy there. Rob Edwards has them 4th at the moment. Indeed Luton and Southampton could swap divisions at the end of the season...
  • Options
    I honestly have no idea where Leeds go manager wise if it's not Corberan. Do they continue the Red Bull obsession and appoint Hassenhuttl? 
  • Options

Former Schalke, Spartak Moscow and RB Leipzig boss Domenico Tedesco has been appointed Belgium head coach.

The 37-year-old, who was born in Italy but also holds German citizenship, has signed a contract until after the 2024 European Championship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64566792