Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Rochdale match thread 01/10/16

Comments

• 3 attacking players in the starting 11 at home to Rochfale ffs. And only changes brought about through injury, or recovery from injury, compared to the Oxford game.

Have we played the same starting 11 that won back to back games since?
  • Afternoon Red and the match thread crew.

Been a lot of rain this morning here but the sun is currently out shining in the Beautiful South East London, what's the weather her currently like wherever you are in the Uk / World ?

Still dark in Alberta, but it's been a nice week. Winter is coming though.
  • Downtown Bexley currently bathed in sunshine.
  • So this is roughly the team I was calling for. Hopefully this is a 4-3-3 by default (not 4-1-4-1) with Lookman and Holmes running at them from either flank and Jacko and Ulvestad having the freedom to push up the pitch.

If done correctly, I think this formation and team could give us a really good balance between having numbers in midfield and an attacking threat. The big question remains how the central midfield will get ahold of the game given the individual limitations, and the tactical limitations we've seen in recent weeks.

I feel for Botaka, especially as he won't even be able to play in the Mickey Mouse cup on Tuesday as he'll be on international duty. But I have to say that I think Lookman and Holmes are, right now, the better players. That said, Botaka does deserve more than a 5-10 minute cameo at the end of a game.

Been a lot of rain this morning here but the sun is currently out shining in the Beautiful South East London, what's the weather her currently like wherever you are in the Uk / World ?

Its pissing down here in Hinckley!!

Drizzle here in Baltimore, reminds me of SE London, 59 degrees at 9.15 am, all kinds of flood warnings as there's been heavy rain for two days. Watching the hurricane develop with great concern. Looking forward to three points today.
  • When I woke up it was raining. I showed patience. It then stopped. I was then even more patient. Then the sun came out. I am now sitting on the beach with a beer and my laptop and sportsmania. Brussel was right. Patience breeds positivity
  • Sunshine in Dartford. Absolutely hosed it down for a bit this morning. Got soaked loading the car after a trip to the pet shop.
  • vffvff
    edited October 2016
    mrbligh said:

When I woke up it was raining. I showed patience. It then stopped. I was then even more patient. Then the sun came out. I am now sitting on the beach with a beer and my laptop and sportsmania. Brussel was right. Patience breeds positivity

Especially when sitting on the beach relaxing with a beer & time to enjoy the sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just pray that Holmes and Lookman will be told to get forward to make a front 3 with Magennis. If that's a 4-5-1 at home to Rochdale then Slade can fuck off.
  • 29 degrees and blazing sunshine here in Vilamoura
  • Eastbourne is The Sunshine Coast. Say no more.
  • The sun is well and truly out over the Valley.
  • Sorry to bring the mood down, but would it kill the club to ask the announcer to wear trousers? Bit embarrassed people see our representatives in trackies.
  • Sorry to bring the mood down, but would it kill the club to ask the announcer to wear trousers? Bit embarrassed people see our representatives in trackies.

A few other issues around the club to address before this...
  • Feels like Slade is still waiting for something to stick. Is it a 4-4-2 with Lookman up front or is it 4-5-1 with Holmes and Lookman as wingers? Hopefully it's a 4-5-1 into 4-3-3, but a more positive one than the national holding midfielders conference we sent out against Scunthorpe

Agreed. And I think a 4-3-3 suits Ademola very well, as I think at this stage in his career "Left forward" is his best position. I fear that if it is a 4-4-2, Lookman will be very isolated. His game is not suited to reading flick-ons from Mcgennis, and even if he drops deep, it's a big ask to be able to run at players from a central position. Plus a 4-4-2 would mean Jacko on the left again.

Does anyone have audio from the Player yet? So far I've got nothing.

Still dark here in Walnut Creek, California but forecast to be sunny and 75 (fahrenheit) today. Going through a bit of a chilly couple of days but forecast to be back up to 80 by the end of the week. Autumn is on the way though.
  • The soft as shite southern poofs will mince around for 60 minutes to no great effect at which point the real men from oop north will school them like their wives on a Friday night. 2-1 to The Dale.

Lol,just said to my lad that the announcer looks like a sack of shit. Good look if you can carry it off
  • Sponsored links:

• Did i read somewhere that extra money is paid if Botaka starts game.
  • Rob said:

Afternoon Red and the match thread crew.

Still dark here in Walnut Creek, California but forecast to be sunny and 75 (fahrenheit) today. Going through a bit of a chilly couple of days but forecast to be back up to 80 by the end of the week. Autumn is on the way though.
    I didn't realize you were in Walnut Creek, beautiful part of the world! I love all those towns just east of Berkeley.
  • Nothing on Player yet?
  • Yes, beautiful here. Arrived years ago fresh off the boat......., and stayed.
  • Sitting on beach in Turunc Turkey, 28c not a cloud in the sky ..
  • Would be very surprised to see them set up in a 433. Would be pretty out of character for Slade, who seems to like packing his midfield with Brian Hughes clones.

• Must admit, can't understand the reluctance to start Botaka.
  • Rob said:

Yes, beautiful here. Arrived years ago fresh off the boat......., and stayed.

Before the invention of aeroplanes? :-)
  • PeterGage said:

Rob said:

Yes, beautiful here. Arrived years ago fresh off the boat......., and stayed.

Before the invention of aeroplanes? :-)
    Not quite :-)
  • Slade likes playing three cm with one winger in a 442
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!