Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Rochdale match thread 01/10/16

Afternoon folks and welcome to today's match thread. I was half thinking on giving it a miss and watching the Ryder Cup, but decided to do this and catch the highlights later. I can only hope the team make it worth everyone's while and give us a badly needed quality performance and a rampant win.
I do think we can win this, but we need to up our level of play and get at them from the off. I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them, but in the meantime COYR's!!
Oh and apologies up front for any typo's or spelling mistakes.

Comments

• There will be goals......
  • Thanks RM - your efforts are much appreciated!
  • Good afternoon RM, thanks for doing the thread as always. I was going today but have been lumbered with babysitting duties (I love it really!)
    So I will have one eye on the Golf, which looks like it is going to be a great day and the other on your match thread. We desperately need to get three points today to get our season going.
    COYR.........
  • Solly is out injured
  • Well at least we won't see Foley in midfield then
  • Foley RB then, so a vacancy to be filled in midfield.
  • RedChaser said:

Foley RB then, so a vacancy to be filled in midfield.

He started on the bench Tuesday so I'd expect the same starting XI
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016

Can I just say that Red Mid is a hero..

Can I just say I expect you to be as Grumpy as ever for today's match :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

Foley RB then, so a vacancy to be filled in midfield.

Don't bank on it
  • Jacko left mid again? Ffs
  • edited October 2016
    Still no Botaka in starting eleven :disappointed: .
  • Afternoon Red and the match thread crew.

Been a lot of rain this morning here but the sun is currently out shining in the Beautiful South East London, what's the weather her currently like wherever you are in the Uk / World ?
  • Hed better not be playing a 5 man midfield with Magennis as the sole man up front.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe....maybe Jackson's playing as a striker? Or as the advanced player in a 5-man midfield? There's absolutely no excuse to play him on the left.
  • Read somewhere that Holmes was a major doubt, so maybe they're risking him?
  • What is he so scared of?! Just go for it balloon head ffs
  • And yeah, a 5-man midfield would be scarcely better, unless both Holmes and Lookman are playing basically as wide forwards
  • edited October 2016
    It's not only lack of options that's keeping Crofts and Jackson in the team even though both were an embarrassment on Tuesday night.

Botaka on the feckin bench. Again.
  • Afternoon Red and the match thread crew.

Been a lot of rain this morning here but the sun is currently out shining in the Beautiful South East London, what's the weather her currently like wherever you are in the Uk / World ?

About 55 degrees and chucking it down at 6am in Eugene, Oregon. The leaves are starting to change colours and it's really feeling like fall. Absolutely love it. Being the miserable bastard I am, I love the rain, and I'm really looking forward to my first autumn/winter in the Pacific Northwest.
  • Feels like Slade is still waiting for something to stick. Is it a 4-4-2 with Lookman up front or is it 4-5-1 with Holmes and Lookman as wingers? Hopefully it's a 4-5-1 into 4-3-3, but a more positive one than the national holding midfielders conference we sent out against Scunthorpe
  • edited October 2016
    An option for midfield would be Holmes and Botaka on the wings with JJ and Fred in tbe middle.
    Afternoon RM
  • edited October 2016
    Dale XI v Charlton: Lillis, Rafferty, Keane, Canavan, Bunney, Allen, Lund, Camps, Thompson, Andrew, Davies
    Subs: Logan, McGahey, McDermott, Rathbone, Noble-Lazarus, Morley, Odelusi
  • Get with the times you lot.

It's all about the 'patient hold' formation now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!