Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Rochdale match thread 01/10/16

Comments

• First time at The Valley for six months. Feels like the soul has been ripped out of the place. Awful
  • The sad thing is, however badly we play in the first half of any game we know Slade will not make changes at half time. He is not proactive, he is completely reactive which is why we throw leads away and throw points away. Dare I say it, he has less of a clue tactically then some of the belgian no marks from last season!
  • We've been exceptionally shite.

Can't see in a million years where a goal will come from. Not one of the players has put in a decent performance so far.
  • Mate at the game has just said Jackson and Crofts have been an utter disgrace to the shirt.

Midfield will send us down at this rate.

Unfair. Roland, Katie and Russell will send us down at this rate.
  • we currently lie in 18th place, 12 points behind Scunthorpe and 5 points from play off place

Top 6 budget though so who cares about the league table
  • Mate at the game has just said Jackson and Crofts have been an utter disgrace to the shirt.

Midfield will send us down at this rate.

Sorry mate but it's the regime that will be responsible if we go down. I'm not defending Slade because I was underwhelmed when he was appointed but to not bring in someone to replace Cousins was madness. How's the tummy troubles by the way?
  • Oh for a Richie Bowman, a Sweaty Balmer even a Les Berry or Peter Shaw.
  • Don't mind one bit if we lose and draw games of football, that is part of being a Charlton fan, but FFS try and play a bit of attacking football. Setting up at home to Rochdale with one up top is a disgrace. Slade loves a point.
  • Highlight of the game is Brian Cole in Shirt, Tie, Tracksuit Bottoms and shoes.

Yes, saw that. Representing Charlton Athletic. Its all about standards. Sums the club up
  • Sponsored links:

• we currently lie in 18th place, 12 points behind Scunthorpe and 5 points from play off place

Top 6 budget though so who cares about the league table
    Top six budgie. She bought one for her office...it's cheap!
  • Crazy line up with JJ playing in the middle of 3 behind Magennis, huge gaps between the defence and midfield with no link men, Crofts and foley both poor.

Fox makes a great cross into the box, no red shirt for 20 yards.

Complete dross.

I'd take Barry Endean at this rate :smiley:

Even polish Pete couldn't do any worse
  • Don't worry - Nobby Vinegar will be here to save us soon.
  • Barnstoneworth United for the 21st century. Are all our players wearing shorts?
  • First time at The Valley for six months. Feels like the soul has been ripped out of the place. Awful

That's because it has Prague :disappointed: .
  • Well I enjoyed our little chat about the weather.

That was nice

It seems I allowed some Un patient Un positive thoughts into my head. The sky has darkened. Gone into a pub now

I'm at the stage where I'd be pathetically grateful for Peter Garland, it's that bad.
  • Told my Mrs I wasn't gonna go today cos I wanted to take her shopping... I didn't but I'd rather let a sea lion mount me than watch that shit with KM's arrogant smirk beaming out of the directors box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hailstones in err, Sunny Sidcup.

Hopefully not heading Charlton way
  • We will go down unless Slade changes his approach. Way too negative. I believe we have the players but he's coaching the life out of them. What's wrong with attacking and putting them under pressure at the back? Slade just doesn't get it which is worrying. I'm surprised as I thought he was better than that but not impressed at the moment. I believe we may have a dud!
  • Thank f##k I had to work today
  • Highlight of the game is Brian Cole in Shirt, Tie, Tracksuit Bottoms and shoes.

It's Squirrel Face's latest plan to attract the kids. Next week he'll be wearing jeans halfway down his bum.

• No offense @Redmidland but I'm giving it 15 minutes. This is truly spoiling the golf and ANOTHER 'flipping' Saturday!
  • a very good friend of mine at the game says we are terrible.....teams are out
  • off we go they ko....and we are attacking The Covered End
  • oh dear another 45 minutes of pure hell, can't wait.
  • crofts has it but losses it a snap shot comes in...rudd just saves it....they pick the ball up again....cross comes in...jj clears
  • Any changes?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!