Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank you Mr Chairman

13»

Comments

• Who conducted the Survey... Well Katrien of course!!

So she is able to publish the results of the survey online right ?
    What a weird assumption ;)
  • i like the sound of this guy, does he have 38m spare so he can buy us?
  • edited September 2016
    Unfortunately not.
  • Scoham said:

Why is it time for change? What makes 5pm kick offs better?

TBH, most arguments ive seen on this seem to concentrate on tradition . Dont you think its time to 'think outside the box?' - i dont have any problem with a 5pm kick-off, but others might - but dont come along with the tradition argument - look at the England teams performances recently- theyve done really well havnt they?
    For me, its time for change.

Why? Any reason or just for the sake of change?
    Its not a case of change for change sake - its just the general reluctance to change.
    Using the two main examples, neither England nor Charlton seem to be pulling trees up for the past x years, so maybe we(they) should be looking to do things differently and not stick to tried and trusted failure.
    What would changing kick off time do?

As a club we've struggled in recent years because an owner has come in and tried to do things differently.
  • Claiming that a survey revealed X is easy. Harder when asked to provide evidence of survey or even find someone who has been consulted ... and no, Katrien, EKA and SE7 Valiants does not constitute a cross-section of fanseven if they are the only ones who are nice to you.

Another fairly obvious Squirrel Face strategy. Claim that a daft idea which you have dreamed up actually originated with fans. Bad news, Katrien ... we are not languishing in League 1 with a reputation as a shambles because we start matches at 3pm.
  • TBH, most arguments ive seen on this seem to concentrate on tradition . Dont you think its time to 'think outside the box?' - i dont have any problem with a 5pm kick-off, but others might - but dont come along with the tradition argument - look at the England teams performances recently- theyve done really well havnt they?
    For me, its time for change.

England don't kick off at 3 anymore. Not one of the 10 forthcoming fixtures on the FA website is a 3PM kick off, Pres.
  • did i mention their Chairman brought us a beer ?
  • They can kick-off at midnight as far as I'm concerned - if that's what everyone wants.
    However, don't come along with tradition and sentiment as being the reason not to change- the old 'oh, we've always done it that way' scenario.
  • edited September 2016

They can kick-off at midnight as far as I'm concerned - if that's what everyone wants.
    However, don't come along with tradition and sentiment as being the reason not to change- the old 'oh, we've always done it that way' scenario.

Why not, where there appears to be no real reason to change it?

And if you're not bothered, then why do you care if it stays at 3pm?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

BDL said:

@Airman Brown is this the same meeting where they were openly sniggering at her suggestion to move kick offs to 5pm on Saturday?

Why on earth would she suggest that, as in, what would that actually achieve?
    3blokes said:

BDL said:

@Airman Brown is this the same meeting where they were openly sniggering at her suggestion to move kick offs to 5pm on Saturday?

That was before Christmas last year.
    I always thought there should be a thread that just listed all the mighty ideas and wise comments our Interim CEO has graced us with over the last couple of years.
    It might cause CL to crash with the volume of posts, but any passing journo could hand pick a few to flavour their future stories about us.

Always thought the same, would makes things so much easier and be a great laugh at times too. I personally couldn't start it as I don't know as much as people on here.
    Well she doesn't actually get up until 3pm on weekends so this would allow her to keep her routine
    Oi, you been peering through my windows?? Theres a reason she hasn't the energy to get up before mid afternoon........
  • drewman said:

Sage said:

BDL said:

Why on earth would she suggest that, as in, what would that actually achieve?
    3blokes said:

BDL said:

That was before Christmas last year.
    I always thought there should be a thread that just listed all the mighty ideas and wise comments our Interim CEO has graced us with over the last couple of years.
    It might cause CL to crash with the volume of posts, but any passing journo could hand pick a few to flavour their future stories about us.

Always thought the same, would makes things so much easier and be a great laugh at times too. I personally couldn't start it as I don't know as much as people on here.
    Well she doesn't actually get up until 3pm on weekends so this would allow her to keep her routine
    Oi, you been peering through my windows?? Theres a reason she hasn't the energy to get up before mid afternoon........
    Easily pleased.
  • Did he bring it from the bar?

If he also owns the bar he may not have bought that drink at all....
  • For away fans a 12 midday or a 5pm are very inconvenient. For this alone there is no reason to change kick-off times.

A midday KO would really bugger up your pre-game beer Elfs.
  • For away fans a 12 midday or a 5pm are very inconvenient. For this alone there is no reason to change kick-off times.

Where there is a Wetherspoons......

He'd still find someone to buy it for him little Al!
  • Essex_Al said:

For away fans a 12 midday or a 5pm are very inconvenient. For this alone there is no reason to change kick-off times.

He'd still find someone to buy it for him little Al!
    Not heard from you for a while, I thought the moderators had done the sensible thing and gave you a red card.

Have you been out with Swisdom recently?

There's the reason. Other countries generally don't travel in numbers like they do in the English game so having late and early kick off's else where can work. If kick off's were 5 o clock then I probably wouldn't go to half the amount of aways I go to due to getting back stupidly late or having to stay over.
  • Sponsored links:

• The only country that is on par with the english game is Germany.Most games kick off 3pm and when teams play in europe are given 24hours grace same as in england.Fans travel all over Germany in numbers without trouble same as in England.Freedom to travel is what makes the games tick.

Get over to watch a germain game well worth it.An eye opener just as in england.Beer and eats aswell.