Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank you Mr Chairman

so having a few ales in the fleetwood club after the game --about 10 of us, when their Chairman comes over to chat to some Fleetwood lads we were talking to---well DA9 really as he likes chatting to strange men ! the Chairman finds out we are Charlton and gets us all a beer !! nice ----- seems he use to be a bit of a chap back in the day(gossip of course),However he is defo an old school fan. We got his card and have extended the offer of buying him and his son a few when they come down to ours,he is up for it.

Of course we asked if Dear Katy was at the game--although maybe we didnt actually say it as nice as that. he said she wasnt but he did say " she is well up her own arse that one isnt she?" ---of course we politely agreed with the gent. He then told a little story. The CEOs were all at a meeting in Portugal--his words "serious but a jolly as well"---the meeting was running late and our Kat wasnt best pleased so she buts in with *"can we hurry up we are late for lunch and there are serious matters to discuss" ---the meeting was a tad taken back---but the CEO of Port Vale responded " your in Div 1now so learn to live with it"---Dear Kat wasnt happy.

Comments

• Weren't CARD going to try to disrupt the Portugal meet ?
  • Great gesture buying you lot a beer. Pilley is by many accounts a decent bloke. Started off running non-league clubs. The way Fleetwood are run is very impressive, and I suspect they've attracted someone like Rosler because he sees it as "a project."
  • We've got Port Vale in just over five weeks time I guess she'll give that game a miss as well then :smirk: .
  • If that's a question then the answer is yes
  • If that's a question then the answer is yes

No, GH, I'm saying I've heard that story too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't the Fleetwood Chairman the only other FL representative to the FA with Katrien. There were six vacancies I think I remember, but no election because only Charlton and Fleetwood volunteered.
    For a bit of balance, I believe it was Charlton, presumably in the form of Katrien, who was one of a handful who voted against the new format of the Silly Buggers Cup.
  • Having worked in the corporate world for almost 20 years now, One thing I have learnt is that the person that says "can we hurry things along" and "we have lots of important things to discuss" really has no clue what is going on and says things like this to try and hide this fact. I expect most things were going over her head and she was nodding and agreeing trying to look like she knew what was being discussed.

She just wanted to get started on her free lunch. Football is an inconvenience to her CEO 'lifestyle'
  • Swapped a couple of numbers, some of them will be meeting up with us in Feb for the return fixture at the Valley for a beer or three.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Have to put this out there, been moaning about it to goonerhater all weekend.
    Generally, the stewards and staff were A1, however, I bought a pie from their clubhouse, jims bar, walked round to the seats to take my spot for the 1st half (moved to behind the goal 2nd half), anyway, a steward said to me I had to eat/finish my pie outside the entrance before he would let me in, I explained to him that it was one of their pies etc and I could buy the same pie at the kiosk inside once I entered, he was having none of it and insisted I finished it outside, bizarre as literally 10 feet away the other side of the turnstile Charlton fans were buying and eating the same pies.
    Brain cell of a table the fella.

One my mates bought some chips from a local chippe, he was stopped from entering the ground, missed kick off, whilst he stood there and ate them. When I bought a bottle of Diet Coke, they gave me the bottle with the lid on!
  • DA9 said:

Have to put this out there, been moaning about it to goonerhater all weekend.
    Generally, the stewards and staff were A1, however, I bought a pie from their clubhouse, jims bar, walked round to the seats to take my spot for the 1st half (moved to behind the goal 2nd half), anyway, a steward said to me I had to eat/finish my pie outside the entrance before he would let me in, I explained to him that it was one of their pies etc and I could buy the same pie at the kiosk inside once I entered, he was having none of it and insisted I finished it outside, bizarre as literally 10 feet away the other side of the turnstile Charlton fans were buying and eating the same pies.
    Brain cell of a table the fella.

One my mates bought some chips from a local chippe, he was stopped from entering the ground, missed kick off, whilst he stood there and ate them. When I bought a bottle of Diet Coke, they gave me the bottle with the lid on!
    But you can see the logic somewhere in that, no outside catering etc to protect their revenue
  • BDL said:

@Airman Brown is this the same meeting where they were openly sniggering at her suggestion to move kick offs to 5pm on Saturday?

That was before Christmas last year.
  • BDL said:

@Airman Brown is this the same meeting where they were openly sniggering at her suggestion to move kick offs to 5pm on Saturday?

Why on earth would she suggest that, as in, what would that actually achieve?
    3blokes said:

BDL said:

I always thought there should be a thread that just listed all the mighty ideas and wise comments our Interim CEO has graced us with over the last couple of years.
    It might cause CL to crash with the volume of posts, but any passing journo could hand pick a few to flavour their future stories about us.

Always thought the same, would makes things so much easier and be a great laugh at times too. I personally couldn't start it as I don't know as much as people on here.
  • BDL said:

Sage said:

If I recall, it's because fans wanted 5pm kick offs apparently

When you say fans you mean Sue Parkes right?
    She's on another planet. How can she be so still egotistical and up her own arse after everything these past two and bit years? No fan would want 5pm kick offs regularly.

Most likely she just can't be bothered to get to The Valley at 1:30pm, and would rather turn up at 4pm.

I also believe she is some form of psychopath.
  • Sage said:

BDL said:

3blokes said:

BDL said:

I always thought there should be a thread that just listed all the mighty ideas and wise comments our Interim CEO has graced us with over the last couple of years.
    It might cause CL to crash with the volume of posts, but any passing journo could hand pick a few to flavour their future stories about us.

Always thought the same, would makes things so much easier and be a great laugh at times too. I personally couldn't start it as I don't know as much as people on here.
    Well she doesn't actually get up until 3pm on weekends so this would allow her to keep her routine